Facial twitching, Nose mainly, been over a month. Need some advice.

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hey all,

Apologies in advance for this post as it may be quite long.

So this all began around 2nd March, i started to feel a small pulsing feeling in the left side of my nose, i was conscious but not to bothered by it.

At this time i had recently started to make a transition from a stressful job to another less stressful job, i had been working from home for the last 3 years. I put it down to stress, some days i wouldn't have any twitch and felt like it had stopped only for it to rear its head again on the right side! only now i could very slightly see and feel them more. If i rub my face it sets off my left eye and both sides of my nose, i can go hours without feeling any but then it just happens out if no where.

theres no pain involved and i do have twitches in other areas of my body, no noticeable changes in strength or overall mood and i dont feel stressed either.

as i wrote that last bit i felt a slight few twitches in my chin!

after 3 weeks i went to the doctors and she said no red flags after my explanation but ordered bloods, these came back 27th march showing vitamin D deficiency, 27 nm/ol and perscribed me 2000iu daily for 6 months, i have been supplementing 4000iu with 400mg magnesium glycinate ans 400 k2 mk4 since around the end of march but still no improvement.

around a week ago i started also getting a non rhythmic intermittent thumping in my ear, it doesnt hurt its just really annoying and makes me feel like whatver is going on is getting worse 😦

before this happened to me i did have 1 day of diorrhea and my diet was s**t, ive been drinking and eating healthily since.

im at a loss as what to do next, although the twitches can happen anywhere, my nose is definitely a hot spot.

of course ive been down the google rabbit hole and have been concerned but i know the odds are in my favour of ALS etc.

does anyone have a similar experience or advice for me, thanks for reading if you made it this far.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.