Permanent leg cramp-can it be improved?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Since birth (1964) I have led a normal life with a diagnosis of spinal weakness in the form of spina bifida, more precisely meningomyelocele lumbalis th12. Until about 15 years ago. From about 2007 I started to experience great weakness and buckling in my knees, permanent muscle spasm, tingling in my fingers and leg muscles with associated numbness to touch and impaired walking. It is possible that the spasm is not related to spina bifida at all. At the time, a diagnosis of lyme disease was added to the mix, probably complicating things. The whole area from the waist down, knees, ankles, are very weakened. The feet are numb.

Since then I have been looking at different options of conventional and alternative therapies, rehabilitation, phytotherapy, eastern medicine, other modalities. Unfortunately, the classical medicine I turned to in the beginning is limited by the knowledge of the doctors I contacted. They were really the best of the neurologists and orthopedists in my area. I was given a referral that unfortunately did not address the effect and certainly not the cause. Surgery is not an option in my case. I am practicing various strengthening exercises to increase energy, not losing hope.

I am interested in the opinion of someone who has practical experience with this disease. How can I alleviate or eliminate muscle spasm, strengthen leg energy and increase sensitivity. Someone who has specifically dealt with this condition and been successful. I am trying to exercise physically and spiritually, this is a challenge to me to change. I am open to all alternative methods that I know work. I just have to find the right one.

thx for any reaction

Peter

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.