What’s happening to me? Feeling afraid and getting no help

Posted , 1 user is following.

At the end of March, I had a cold which then developed into a very long spell of rhinitis. Clear watery discharge during day. Blocked at night. One day about 7 weeks ago, I told OH that I felt ‘weird’. Hard to describe. Light headed. Dull ache in face and jaw. Had spells of feeling ‘spaced out’. Most significant symptom one of motion sickness. Not dizziness really. Just feel so sick when my eyes move been when I’m sitting still. Then feet and legs numb and off balance.

Went to GP a fortnight ago as felt so unwell. He was very shocked. Wrote a long letter to take straight to A&E. Mentioned that he thought I had fast progressing Guillain Barre or something similar.

I never got past A&E. No beds. There on a trolley for 24 hours then a doctor came and after a 5 minute observation said I had Benign Positional Vertigo.

I only took the antihistamine once and it made me worse. I’m so ill. Everything is slow. Speech, thinking, movement. Slow motion. If someone asks me a question, It takes longer to respond than it should.

I tire so easily. My body and brain feel as though they’re shutting down. If everything goes any slower it will stop.

Seeing private neurologist on 15 July. GP has sent me back to hospital twice but they don’t understand. This isn’t BPN. What is it pls? The anxiety of what’s happening to me is making everything worse. If I sit quietly and calmly and listen to music I feel a bit better. Loud noises make me feel confused. Can’t cope

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.