18 Year old Gerd constant chest pain.

Posted , 7 users are following.

I'm 18 years old, and I have had chest pain for the past few months. I have Gerd, and anxiety, and have been searching the internet for any forums on this topic which there seems to be none.

I've had constant chest pain (non stop) I had an EKG and was told by my GP that is not the problem. I have an appointment this week (Saturday) to get an endoscopy. My concerns are that I have a sort of cancer of the esophagus, my chest does burn but I associate that with Gerd, what I generally feel is a dull discomfort in the chest it seems to radiate.

I Also fear Barrets esophagus.

I Would like to know what people's opinions are on this and what they think it could be as I have been worried and my GP hasn't really listened to me about my pains.

I have had several exams

UBT cleared - No H. Pylori

My thoughts are

It could be an ulcer though I am not sure, I Also believe it could be a hiatal hernia though that is just what I can think it would be

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I have exactly the same. I also have anxiety and I have just started taking omeprazole 5weeks ago (which is doing nothing!) for suspected acid reflux. My feeling wasn't like standard heartburn, more like a dull burning irritation but higher than where i get heartburn. The omeprazole wasn't doing anything but I've just started taking Gaviscon advanced (different to the other gaviscons) and I'm finally getting relief from the chest pain although I do have to keep taking it frequently to make a difference. I'm not getting any improvement yet with my irritated throat/voice though but I been told that can take a long time to heal. My anxiety is over myhealth so having something like this is driving me crazy as I've not had any conclusive tests yet to prove this is what I have. I also have a gland up at the side of my throat which of course I'm getting worried about although I've since been told this can happen when your throat is particularly inflammed (which mine is).

• Posted

sorry to hear about your symptoms i feel pain in my left side chest every time my chest is heavy before i also feel like my heart escape beat it was a super heart beat escape like a bumpfeeling in my chest and i feel my heart stop beating i think i have heart attack i rush towards emergency but every thing is normal-------i have done 10 ekgs + echo +blood tests+stool tests+3 ultra sounds+i have upset stomach done colonscopy 2 weeks ago all of the test are clear but till now i feel heavy in my chest and mostly i feel like i have heart attack then suddenly burps starts for hours it really suck my life--------i am 30 years old and i also do endoscopy 2 months ago no barretts or ulcers in my stomach every thing is clear still struggling i used lanso praole for 80 days and i also use esmopraole for 3 months but no progress=====don,t know what to do one doc tell me that i hve gerd let me see i reffer my self again to that doctor now its holidays here after that i will go again to him let me see what he say but i am tired it sucks my life badly every time i have stress bcoz of health that whts going on and i feel lot of fears i feel scary some times and when i have panic attack after that i burp alot-----still going to the doctors i have change more then 20 docs till now no one figure out my problem----------don,t think that u have been cancer in the age of u cancer is very rare just try to be calm hopefully we will sort it out
    • Posted

sorry for spelling mistake its lansoprazole tablets and esmoprazole tablets
  • Posted

I went thru so many symtoms,craziness i assure you,It sounds like good old acid reflux,i found after extensive testing,many labs,praying,and falling apart because it was just too much at times....heart monitors....u name it...that after i started using magnesium spray oil my heart palps went away....just disappeared,my dr was floored but there it is...anxiety...boom gone...i went on stomch enzymes and probiotics and am back in the game of lifesmile

• Posted

i got constant chest pain for a few months now and my GI doctor told me to take 2 dose of 40mg of pantoprazole. the constant chest pain went away but it come back after i eat and i can only feel it when i take a deep breath. when i take a normal breath i dont feel it. I am going to call my GI doctor on monday to see whats going on.

• Posted

Hey did you get your endoscopy result? Any Inflammation?

• Posted

Did you get your endoscopy done? Is it possible that the chest pain you have is because of anxiety?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.