Skip to content
Ad

Reflux Oesophagitis

Also known as Acid Reflux, Gastro-oesophageal Reflux Disease, GERD, GORD, Heartburn, Oesophagitis

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

• Jojoann Jojoann

Total body aches

Started yesterday. Exercised then later in the day started feeling awful, the usual heartburn/nausea, but feel achey all over on top of it even still this morning. Luckily my endoscopy and colonoscopy got moved up to Monday so I will get some answers as to what is going on but I feel so miserable today....

• Nissan fundoplication reversal.

Please can anybody tell me if you've had a reversal done. I am struggling so much with pain. I've just come out of hospital again as the pain is unbelievable. I'm so stressed and started with panic attacks. It's been a long 5 years since having the operation done. Nothing but problems....

• lesae lesae

Recipes

Hi all I've started a Google + page for recipes for GERD and LPR suffers like myself. Here's the link and i hope it helps someone. I'll be adding new ones regularly. Some may not suit all https://plus.google.com/collection/40GiOE

All discussions in this group

Next
  • feb feb

LPR/GERD/REFLUX AFTER RESPIRATORY PROBLEM - Amitriptyline CURE

I was diagnosed wrongly as LPR laryngopharyngeal reflux as I had all the symptoms. I was given proton pump inhibitors and that made my symptoms worse. I suffered with throat pain and chest pain for 2 years. I had numerous test such as endoscopy camera down my stomach and camera down my throat which showed...

Last reply
  • BRAVO PH CAPSULE IMPLANT AND TRAPEZIUS PAIN

I had a Bravo implant via EGD this week and am experiencing the same upper back pain on the right side of my trapezius when I eat . I'm being told to go to the ER, of which I'm sure they'll find nothing, especially since I was told I could not have an MRI for another 30 days due to the implant....

Posted
  • GERD- 14 year old son

Hey so my 14 year old son has had on and off reflux scence he was A newborn it usually always went away with PPI but recently it hasn't. We went to the gastro in Feb 2017 got Prilosec and then it seemed to work for a few months. Then in Aug 2017 it came back and we are back on them but it doesn't...

Last reply
  • Pain and burning?

I suffer with really bad pain and burning, I've been doctors and they say it's acid, the pain is in the left side of my chest almost like near my heart. I've been presicbed tablets but they aren't doing anything? I also suffer with really bad anxiety and panic, been told that my acid...

Last reply
  • Gassy chest pains; a constant feeling of needing to burp...

Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this, but it seemed the closest bet. Every so often (once a month or so), I experience what I can best describe as gassy chest pains. It's a tight fullness from about the middle of my chest up to the top of my throat (I'm assuming in my esophagus)....

Last reply
  • losing weight rapidly ?

hi all I am losing weight, which is great in one sense, but is real quick, seems like a pound a day at times, have lost 15 pounds in 4 weeks.  I am over weight, and before getting ill 4 weeks ago, as hard as I tried I could not hardly shift a pound (I do have right flank pains which are being...

Last reply
  • Feeling of a lump in my throat GARD?

I've been feeling that there is permanently a lump in my throat. I have been on anti Acid reflux meds for 4 months and it hasn't helped much. My ENT about 2 months ago put a camera through my nose and down my throat and said that my throat is swollen and prescribed Nexium for 60 days. It improved...

Last reply
  • Acid reflux, lump in throat, gas pains

I have been diagnosed by the ENT for reflux and I also suffer from anxiety..as I know anxiety and stress is a big trigger for stomach issues in general. For the past 2-3 months I have been getting this lump in throat sensation and lately it seems to be worse! My anxiety has been a lot better, so it doesn't...

Last reply
  • Is my difficulty breathing from acid reflux?

I will tell my whole GERD story after this paragraph, but for those who want the basics of it... I had acid reflux for months but after taking probiotic supplements for a couple weeks, I had 0 symptoms of it. After taking the supplements for about a week though, I started to experience shortness of breath....

Last reply
  • worse reflux since ppi increased.

Increased my ppi 8 weeks ago. Reflux became much worse about 48 hours after increase. (I did have a pill stuck in my throats the week before).  I'm wondering if the increase is just too much for me and following a  consultation yesterday I've decreased my dose back to what it was. ...

Last reply
  • Inhaling acid whilst asleep - Acid Reflux

Hi I have had acid reflux for 2 years and been on Lanzoprazole 30mg once a day as a PPI I am 42, male and overweight Recently I have had teh most frightening experience of waking up in teh middle of teh night choking and unable to breathe. It lasts about 60 seconds but feels like 10 minutes The doctor...

Last reply
  • I'm so confusing and down.

May I know does anyone here ever had this experience. Wake up in the morning feel left chest uncomfortable and feel like is burning or isn't , start to sweat. Last month  I just had twice very bad heartburn,ever since then it keep on coming till I really very depress. The Dr ever check my heart...

Last reply
  • Breathing problem

Hello. I am a patient with hypo thyroid from 3 months. And after taking these tablets I feel discomfort while breathing. This makes me little sad. Can you please suggest whom I should contact. Regards janice

Last reply
  • Fundoplication failure

I had a lap' Nissen fundoplication about 10 years ago. The operation changed my life. For the first time in 25 years I could eat and drink what and when I wanted. About a year ago my original symptoms began to reappear and have got progressively worse and I I am now on 40mg omeprazole a day. I...

Last reply
  • Probiotics for Acid Reflux, Headaches, Sinusitis

Hello there and thanks for reading this. I had terrible problems with ear ache, blocked ear, constant headaches, blocked nose, face pain, wheezing, coughing, fatigue etc. Was told the so called sinusitis was caused by acid reflux and I must take the usual mediciation. But this made me feel far worse...

Last reply
  • Fundoplication redo surgery

Hi everyone my name is Leslie I am 59 years old and I live near Albany New York and in August of 2016 I had the fundoplication Nissen warp for gerds and everything was going great I was of my I was able to eat and drink anything I want to then little by little my symptoms slowly return since the ...

Last reply
  • Fundoplication

I've just went through Fundiplication surgery on 1st August 2017. I suffered from acid reflux for the past 10 years. I am not feeling dysphagia symptoms so this morning (10 days after syrgery) I took a scambled egg (it had a lot of milk so it was quite on the liquid side. Maybe I added too much butter)....

Last reply
  • Blowing up balloons - A simple relief for acid reflux.

Five years ago, I was diagnosed with a hiatal hernia after having suffered from acid reflux or GERD for a long time. Nexium was prescribed and it helped a little but the reflux persisted until I started blowing up balloons after reading about the benefits on the internet. There was immediate relief and...

Last reply
  • Chest pain/ throat pain for about two weeks

Ok so here is my question has anyone has serve chest pain and your therapy feels like u been running all day and are out of breath? I have had this for about two weeks now and it's driving me nuts. I am having shortness of breath and I can't even drink water without these signs. I have a cough...

Last reply
  • Sitting here scared and short of breath

Been experiencing shortness of breath on and off for the last week since the onset of this recent bout of horrible heartburn, nausea, stomach fullness and discomfort. As I wait 2 months for my endoscopy and colonoscopy I have to sit with these symptoms. I have exercise induced asthma, I take singulair,...

Last reply
  • Total body aches

Started yesterday. Exercised then later in the day started feeling awful, the usual heartburn/nausea, but feel achey all over on top of it even still this morning. Luckily my endoscopy and colonoscopy got moved up to Monday so I will get some answers as to what is going on but I feel so miserable today....

Posted
  • linx operation

Meds don't work for me any longer I have a 2cm sliding hiatus hernia. Has anyone had this operation.  Are there any barriers to having this operation.  I live in North of England near a hospital with Surgeon who does this on NHS...

Last reply
  • I think I might have stomach cancer

Hello. My name is Kevin. I'm generally a pretty healthy person. So much so I haven't had to go to the doctor in years. I feel like I know my body and I'm so scared I have stomach cancer. I'm only 27 so I know it's highly unlikely and I know you shouldn't Google your symptoms...

Last reply
  • Upset stomach from PPIs?

I started taking PPIs in May to combat heartburn after meals and an irritated esophagus. About a month ish later, I started getting upset stomachs almost every day. Continued taking the PPIs until about a week ago or so but the upset stomachs never went away. I've stopped taking them now, but the...

Last reply
  • Linx surgery for acid reflux

Has anyone esperienced this relatively new surgery for acid reflux which doesnt respond to drugs. Or does anyone know anything about it. It is much es invasive than the nissen fondiplication op. done by day surgery I think. My gastro ent. didnt mention it but I thought I might investiage.just out...

Last reply
  • Nissan fundoplication reversal.

Please can anybody tell me if you've had a reversal done. I am struggling so much with pain. I've just come out of hospital again as the pain is unbelievable. I'm so stressed and started with panic attacks. It's been a long 5 years since having the operation done. Nothing but problems....

Posted
  • My Reflux Hell!!

I just wanted to let everyone know about my story and just how ill this reflux can make you feel. I gave birth to my second child and 4 months after began to feel tired and drained, general lack of appetite, shortness of breath, chronic rhinitis and sinus pain and an odd feeling down my upper left!...

Last reply
  • Acid Relux - Breathing Issues

I posted 6 months ago regarding breathing issues and chronic fatigue.  God bless the doctors, however they are not perfect. They all mean well I'm sure.  We as the patient need to be aggressive and not "settle" for treatment that does not help and allow the physicians to say.......

Last reply
  • Bile /acid reflux into esophagus

Hi Almost 3 years ago, a month after having my daughter I had to have surgery to remove my gallbladder. I was having a lot of painful gb attacks until they cause pancreatitis. So there was nothing else to do but remove by emergency the gb. That's when all my health problems began. For a long time...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.