Skip to content
Ad

Reflux Oesophagitis

Also known as Acid Reflux, Gastro-oesophageal Reflux Disease, GERD, GORD, Heartburn, Oesophagitis

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Throat clearing and hoarse voice after eating????

For the past while I have been experiencing issues after eating. After eating it feels like something is stuck in my throat and I constantly have to clear my throat. This lasts about 20 minutes and it slowly goes away. However, in addition to this I also experience my voice going hoarse while it is occuring....

Last reply
  • Terrified of this back pain and nausea

Hi I've suffered reflux for almost two years, can any one else tell me if they suffer really bad pain between shoulder blades, I have it really bad at the moment together with unbearable nausea I'm absolutely terrified I have something worse than reflux, I had bloods, ultrasound and stool test...

Last reply
  • Linx surgery for acid reflux

Has anyone esperienced this relatively new surgery for acid reflux which doesnt respond to drugs. Or does anyone know anything about it. It is much es invasive than the nissen fondiplication op. done by day surgery I think. My gastro ent. didnt mention it but I thought I might investiage.just out...

Last reply
  • Update on my situation

Hello all just an update to how I am feeling, i did relax for a week or so but now I'm worse than ever my anxiety and paranoia are rageing and it's making me I'll my throat has felt horse for 3 weeks have bile coming up and constant burps and feel sick to my stomache, litrally can't get...

Last reply
  • Dysphagia - trouble initiating swallow

Hello, I'm a 27 year old male who has had GERD for the past 5-6 years and have had indigestion for most of my life (burps, not vomit). I noticed in 2011 that I had trouble initiating a swallow after smoking marijuana, I also had immense anxiety during this time. In 2013, I noticed this happened...

Last reply
  • How I cured my acid reflux, naturally.

Hi:  It seems like there are many more people suffering from acid reflux than ever before.  Professionals offer only medications and surgery.  I have suffered from acid reflux on and off for some 20 years.  After much research and meditation on how the esophageal sphincter functions,...

Last reply
  • Please someone help me. Terrible Pain.

Please help me. Whoever is out there that can answer my questions. I am posting this on multiple websites. It all started on Sept 30th, 2017. I went out with my family for a birthday dinner. My life was completely turned upside down that night. I was eating like normal and I accidentally took a whole...

Last reply
  • Will my GERD get worse?

I was diagnosed with GERD over a year and a half ago and have been taking omeprazole ever since. I’m a 20 year old college student who can’t eat after 6 pm if I want to sleep that night. I have been to my doc several times but he has yet to refer me to a GI. I don’t have health insurance anyway which...

Posted
  • Airy feeling in chest?

Anyone every experience an airy type feeling in their chest when exhaling? It's accompanied by a bit of burping. No pain or anything, just a weird feeling, like things inside are dropping when I exhale sort of.

Posted
  • Acid Reflux - strange smell

Hi again everybody. Isnt this problem a real pain. Something new seems to develop every day and knowing what to eat or avoid is a nightmare.Anyway in this message I would like to ask whether any one else like me gets a strange smell up their nostrils.I have for some time now and until today i was just...

Last reply
  • Gagging or couging after falling asleep

Whenever I eat, I still feel like I can throw up at any time and feel like there’s something in back of my throat. I wake up almost every night gagging or coughing and have to get up and spit out gunk and then it takes a few minutes before  I  am able to go back to sleep.   ...

Last reply
  • Help?

Hi, I have been suffering with acid reflux for quite a while now, it’s orobably worth mentioning that I suffer with some anxiety too which is usually under control. I’m aware the two can go hand in hand.  The symptoms I have most commonly is a strange taste in my mouth sometimes, feel extremely...

Last reply
  • 13 Weeks Recovery

Hi I had surgery 13 weeks ago and am amazed how much better I feel. I had a genetic  Hiatal Hernia and 1/2 of my stomach was above my diaphragm.  My surgeon Dr. P. Jackson Georgetown Hospital Washington, DC is the best. Laproscopic Nissan Fund done and recovery was asymptomatic. Sure the eating...

Last reply
  • Desperate for explanation with my bloating and gerd.

Just over a year ago, at age 44, I started noticing abdominal bloating. I had never had this before. Then after a couple of weeks I started getting a pinching sensation below my sternum. I finally got a doctor to prescribe me the antacid ranitidine, and for the time being the pinching went away but the...

Last reply
  • Seemingly incurable oesophagitis,

Hi all, pain and burning lower end of oesophagus all the time. Even more so when eating and drinking. I had a roux and y six years ago. Gone from 26 stone to 15. This problem developed with abdominal pain all at once about seven months ago. The symptoms remained the same with the Doctors not being convinced...

Last reply
  • Trans nasal esophagoscopy?

Tomorrow I am having a trans nasal esophagoscopy done on local anaesthetic at the hospital. I am a little nervous of it and wondered if anyone has had one. How long roughly do they leave the tube in? Can you feel the tube? Any side effects while the tube is in? I'm not trying to scare myself...

Last reply
  • Esophageal motility and Barrett's - Is there any treatment?

Hopefully, I'm in the right forum for this. Apologies if not. First time posting. Sorry for the long note.  History:  I've been dealing with GERD for almost 20 years. I am 38 now. For 10 of those years, I've been on PPI's, mostly Esomeprazole (Nexium). In that time I've...

Last reply
  • Terrible Pain in Throat

I have this quick pain that come on in my throat area. It feels like a squeeze or an electrical shock.  I do have acid reflux and did have some gastritis a couple of years ago.  This pain is quick and it kinda hurts, and for sure scares the crap out of me. This has been going on now for week. ...

Last reply
  • gerd/angina

i have a feeling of something stuck under my left rib that makes me feel like I can’t breathe in properly sometimes, sometimes when I’m exerting myself it feels like it’s being pulled tight & then I get pains radiating from my back to my chest & jaw. I am going through test for angina as there...

Last reply
  • How long for esophagus to heal?

Hello again, I posted about a week ago about my reflux.  I took a drug which relaxed my LES and caused me to have pretty bad reflux.  I have been off the drug now for about 2 weeks.   I was taking Zantac twice daily up until a few days ago.  The reason I stopped was because...

Last reply
  • Rare undiagnosed Case

Hello people. I have some very weird type of disease that hasn't been diagnosed and its been 5 years now. Whatever I eat, it burns my esophagus and then after 10 minutes I have to keep clearing my throat. And my throat gets sore and I get cough. Is it because of the acid refluxes back to my throat?...

Last reply
  • Sore Throat for 3 months

Hi my throat is very sore on the right side. I’ve been doctors Soo many times and none of the antibiotics have ever worked. I’ve done so much by taking over the counter medication. I need help I keep thinking it might be throat cancer as pain is now around my throat, neck and ear area I’m only 33 I don’t...

Last reply
  • Terrified it could be cancer

I have had reflux Gerd issues for a couple years . But also suffer from costochondritis. Lately my throat has been very sore and tender . Did have lump feeling too bit that's eased . I have a freezing cold feeling in my mouth too. Bit now I'm getting pain in my sternum area and left side ribs...

Last reply
  • Lump in my throat

I have been for three endoscope but they say everything look normal but I have this lump in my throat and when I sleep at nyt and I wake up the I have this sour taste I did change my diet dnt eat spicy food and stop drinking alcohol and stop smoking I got this yellow spot in my throat and sometime pain...

Last reply
  • LPR or something else? Bitter/sour taste.......

I'm at a loss One day last November I awoke with a 'bitter' taste in my mouth. Several visits to my GP later and I'm still not much further forward. I'm a 43 year old female. In October 2013 I was diagnosed hypothyroid and began treatment of 50mg levothyroxine per day. Because...

Last reply
  • Post nasal drip, silent reflux etc.

Hi All, I have come across this forum whilst searching the internet for some answers. I have been suffering from the symptoms mentioned on here for about 6 years now. Just to give you a short overview, will keep it short: I am living in South Africa, 29 years old, male, problem started with an irritating...

Last reply
  • does anyone have these symptoms?

Hi there I have always had a bit of a dodgy stomach but for the past year or so i have been diagnosed superficially with oes reflux I get worried that there missing something i get pulsing in my stomach which radiates up my chest to my head so my whole body pulses, i get dizzy and my legs sometimes fell...

Last reply
  • LPR and shortness of breath

My biggest symptom of LPR is shortness of breath, which is vocal chord dysfunction. It really showed up first and my other LPR symptoms have showed up after and been mild if they have been there at all. The shortness of breath is enough of a symptom. I hate it more than I can express and it's given...

Last reply
  • help with symptoms please

Hello, I'm 53 years old.  I've been experiencing the following symptoms and was hoping someone could help me with the best treatment.  I am burping a lot.  After meals but even hours after.  I'm also clearing my throat, swallowing, and coughing (a little bit).  I'm...

Last reply
  • Reflux

Abit of reasurrence please. Have suffered with reflux now for 20 years, so I should be used to it. I swallowed a chest sweet yesterday whole by mistake now my effluent is playing up but it’s in between my breasts just below am I ok, I also suffer with health anxiety so this is we’re the reasurrence comes...

Last reply
  • Aloe Vera advice

Hi  I suffered with acid reflux the medication I’m on said on the leaflet makes it worse. i wondered if aloe Vera liquid would help. Has anyone taken it for reflux. And how much to use, any side effects.how safe is it. thanks in advance   

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.