Skip to content

Reflux Oesophagitis

New discussion Join group Also known as Acid Reflux, Gastro-oesophageal Reflux Disease, GERD, GORD, Heartburn, Oesophagitis

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • katerina51789 2

Strange sharp pain

Hi. Im being treated fir acid reflux but not all is under control. I can tell when i reflux. Is it common to get sharp stubbing pains on the left side of chest when one is moving? I give an example. This morning i had no reflux. Decided to mop tbe floors. Was upright just gently mopping side to side...

6 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • john42873 2

Stomach ulcer healing process

Hi, I've had terrible reflux for around a month. My GP thinks it's either my hiatus hernia repair that has come loose or an ulcer. I have an appointment with a consultant at the end of next week. I'm currently taking 30mg of Lansoprazole twice a day, but still getting heartburn and more recently quite...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • joanna17875 3

very nervous!!

Hi all, I am at my whits end, after a year of hell (constant gasritis/malfunctioning gallbladder, severe reflux, now oesophagus so unhappy I am experiencing tennis ball type feeling in my back all the time plus heart attack symptoms) - has anyone out there had there gallbladder removed and reflux issue...

2 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • jerjer85273 2
  • carole27374 3

Food help

Can someone please tell me what food i should be eating to help treat reflux /gastritis have breen on lansoprazole for few years but its not keeping it at bay .

96 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • tata40402 3

Difficulty breathing, feels like heart palpatations when I lay down

Does anyone have these symptoms. I feel breathless when trying to have a conversation with someone. I start coughing right away and have to cut the conversation short. When I lay down I have chest palpatations, it's not a good feeling. I know it's due to the reflux. When I am moving around I don't feel...

4 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • DMile10 1

Onset of Tachycardia during GERD Flare-ups.

Hello,  I'm currently 19 years old with no particular history of any chronic illness aside from GERD. I've had GERD for around 2 years, on and off. My primary problem is being stagnant and stress from studies. Aside from that, I've mostly been healthy. I was diagnosed with H Pylori and took antibiotics...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • AmyYamy 3

Throat Clearing, hoarseness, swallowing difficulties

I was initially diagnosed with LPR for my symptoms, which were constant post nasal drip, hoarse voice, and a click when I swallowed.  I have since figured out it wasn't LPR at all, and that all the protocols for LPR only make things worse.  I came here to hopefully help others who may have been told...

45 replies 3 votes Last reply
  • Mesirm 3

Calcified structure in upper left quadrant

The test results from Barium Swallow test show a calcified structure in my upper left quadrant. My physician has scheduled a CT scan to determine if this involves the spleen. Has anyone ever had calcification of spleen?

1 reply 0 votes Last reply
  • katerina51789 2

Probiotics

Has anyone got any positive or negative results using home cultivated both water or milk kefir? I heard they can help when suffering with acid reflux

1 reply 0 votes Last reply
  • Mesirm 3

Calcified structure in upper left quadrant

test results from Barium Swallow test show a calcified structure in my upper left quadrant. My physician has scheduled a CT scan to determine if this involves the spleen. Has anyone ever had calcification of spleen?

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • katerina51789 2

Ppi dosaging

Hi all. Has anyone got this? I take 30mg lansoprazole a day. I respond better when i take 15mg in AM and then 15mg in PM then 30mg in one hit.

8 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • imagazzell 2

Gassy chest pains; a constant feeling of needing to burp...

Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this, but it seemed the closest bet. Every so often (once a month or so), I experience what I can best describe as gassy chest pains. It's a tight fullness from about the middle of my chest up to the top of my throat (I'm assuming in my esophagus). It...

25 replies 2 votes Last reply
  • dominique64820 3

nizatidine does it help?

Hi I have been off prescription stomach meds for a about 3 yrs now because ppis don't work for me. I control my reflux pretty well with diet but I do get pretty fed up of denying myself all the time. Fridays is treat night for my family and last Friday I really indulged. Duck pancakes, chocolate cheesecake,...

• mag2 3

Fundiplication a year ago

Hi all.. So tomorrow 8th June will be a year since I had my hiatus hernia and reflux fixed.. I was terrified before I had it but now a year on I'm glad I had it done.. Yes it was a long road of recovery but for the sake of a few months of discomfort and odd diet it was worth it because I was suffering...

24 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • rose43979 2

How Long does it take PPIs to Leave the System?

Does anybody know? I can't find any definitive info on the net anywhere. My ankles are swollen from taking Omeprazole. I took the last one on Saturday morning. Should the swelling be down by now or do PPIs take longer to leave the body? Thanks.

20 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • gembrot 2

Can Acid Reflux (GERD) or LPR cause swollen lymph nodes?

Hi there! Sorry for the lengthy post. During September 2016 (4 months ago), I notice that my right Submandibular nodes (below right jaw, salivary gland) was swollen. It was painless and it is movable. I've had acid reflux since I was still in junior high school (currently 23 years old) and when I notice...

8 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • john42873 2

Repair of failed anti reflux procedure?

Hello, I'm new to this forum and will endeavour to keep things as brief as possible. Around 20 years ago I underwent surgery for a hiatus hernia and acid reflux,  I was in a lot of discomfort and only in my late twenties at the time.  Overall the surgery worked reasonably well, even if the recovery...

19 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Guest M

My Reflux Hell!!

I just wanted to let everyone know about my story and just how ill this reflux can make you feel. I gave birth to my second child and 4 months after began to feel tired and drained, general lack of appetite, shortness of breath, chronic rhinitis and sinus pain and an odd feeling down my upper left!...

76 replies 4 votes Last reply
  • katerina51789 2

Oesophagitis curable?

Hi all. Is the condition cureable? Apart from meds how can one help themselves diet and lifestyle wise? How to minimise the chest pains? Also i enjoy desert now and then. What is safe to have? Thank u.

5 replies 2 votes Last reply
  • shan86375 2

Young and very sick from silent reflux

Hello I am a 20 year old girl use to be a sport student but had to quit due to really severe gerd. It came out of no where last July I was very healthy never drank alcohol or smoked was studying sport at college. First I was coughing for 6 weeks non stop to the point of coughing up blood visited doctors...

21 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • natalie ma69301 2

Acid reflux due to paracetamol overdoes

Hi all I took a paracetamol over does on the 10th of June because of dry eyes my other organs are fine but my mouth hurts like hell I think due to mucus damage of the linning. My mouth is so red and sore I can hardly eat or drink. I'm really depressed and really not sure that my mucus layer can repair...

12 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Carmen2911 1
  • Guppy007 5

Walking uphill with GERD

Hi, Does anybody else feel terrible after walking uphill? or climbing stairs? I have GERD and have felt fine swimming, but walking uphill seems to bring on all my symptoms...I would love to hear from anyone else that might have experienced this. 

9 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • gail40055 2

Unusual burping and nausea

I take 40mg of Omeprazole twice a day.  For around four years I have had mild nausea each day which goes off if I take Rennies or Gabapentin.  Last year I had a couple of bouts of bad nausea, with pain in the middle of my back.  Also REALLY loud burps with a sulpher taste.  For months I've been ok and...

3 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • dale30782 1

Lump feeling in throat

A have had a feeling when a swallow it feela like a lump had camera down my nose to throat everything was fine it i find it hard to swallow my food i think i have acid reflux can anybody help me get rid of this feeling its ruining my life

• sam44594 2

1 Month Pantoprazole - Indigestion Now

After being diagnosed with Grade A Oesophagitis, my gastroenterologist put me on 1 Pantroprazole Table a day. All has been fine and symptoms improved since I have been taking the tablets (one month). But a few days ago, I started feeling like my food remains undigested in my stomach every time I eat....

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • shan86375 2

Supplements GERD and LPR advice

Hi would appreciate if people could post what supplements and natural remedies they are taking to help with GERD and LPR and some details on if they have helped or not. Have exhausted all options with doctor and upping my tablet dose has made me worse so looking for natural remedies. I bought some...

9 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • mark451451 2

Sound in throat lying down....is this Acid reflux

I have had acid reflux for 3 years, am on 30mg of lansaprosole a day for it......and dont get any symtoms.  About 8 months ago I went on antibiotics for h pylori,  so may not even have acid reflux any more (as I have heard h pylori can be a cause).....however,  for about a year ago I have had a stranage...

4 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • constance.de 6
  • catladyof3 2

24hour stomach camera test

hi i have to have a camera inserted into my stomach/gullet for 24 hours, anyone with knowledge of this, what does it record, does it irritate nose or throat, is it worth it

• amber69885 2
  • callia80636 2

GERD treatment side effects

Hello. I know some of us here have had side effects from our meds but I wanna know if you guys got cleared from those or how long it lasted? Here's my story. I've been diagnosed with GERD by a doctor last month and he gave me Esomeprazole and told me to take it once a day for a month. So I did. The...

3 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • sarasst 1

Breathing problems with GERD

Hi. Does anyone with GERD has the experience of not being able to take a deep breath. I often feel that I need to take a deep breath. But most of the times I can't .

• farhana71476 1
Back to top Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.