Skip to content

Reflux Oesophagitis

Also known as Acid Reflux, Gastro-oesophageal Reflux Disease, Gavilast, GERD, GORD, Heartburn, Oesophagitis, Ranitidine, Zantac

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • MY ACID REFLUX IS DESTROYING MY HEART! HELP ME PLEASE

hi, im 28 yrs old 6ft tall and about 300LBS. For the last 2 years I have suffered day and night due to persistent acid reflux that affects increases my heart rate. It seems likei have not had a single normal heart beat since my ordeal began. the trouble started after I was diagnosed with hpylori …

Last reply
  • Pancreatic enzymes used to help with my acid reflux

A couple of months ago I had to increase my daily dose of Omeprazole to 60mg to not get acid reflux. I started taking pancreatic enzymes with every meal and I could stop the Omeprazole altogether, it was amazing. Lately the reflux has started to return with a vengeance, and I assume that it's …

Last reply
  • Moving Forward

Hey there all So I have some questions I would like to ask in order to better understand my situation. Thank you all in advance for your patience in reading this So I am a 35 year-old male who is very fit (weightlifter/basketball player for years) and active who has never drank alcohol or …

Last reply
  • My fundoplication story

I had my fundoplication 2 weeks ago. The first week was a breeze but since I've started eating some solid food I've had a lot of back and chest pain. My surgeon said this was normal since I'm thin and also had a large hernia. Can anyone provide some details with respect to their surgery. …

Last reply
  • Please help! Reflux is worst its ever been

Hi, I am a 26 year old, i am slightly over weight and relatively inactive, a couple of rounds of golf per week maximum. 5 years ago i was given omeprazole for what i believed was common heartburn, i believed this was a common antacid and to be taken when heartburn arose, before then i was using …

Last reply
  • is there anyone who can't get off from PPI

i am 27yr old male . its been 2.5 yrs i am hooked on ppi . no matter how hard i tried its looks impossible to get off them . i am still trying to get off . its been 4 months i stoped ppi and taking an h2blocker instead. but i have to take 3x150mg zantac to get any sorts of relief. i have heard that …

Last reply
  • Need to burp but cant

So normally I drink cordial and drinks of tea with no sugar. Last week we were on.holiday and drank lots of fizzy pop now we are home and I have terrible pains in my chest that feels like I need to burp but I cannot. Do you think this has been caused by the fizzy pop intake and how can I get …

Last reply
  • Feel something moving in my throat/neck.

Hi everyone ,  just wondering has one experienced something like this. With the past few days it seems like there Is a lump in my throat which moves a little down and up. I can sleep fine and when I wake up I feel normal but it comes on about a half an hour after waking. I have no issues …

Last reply
  • Inhaling acid whilst asleep - Acid Reflux

Hi I have had acid reflux for 2 years and been on Lanzoprazole 30mg once a day as a PPI I am 42, male and overweight Recently I have had teh most frightening experience of waking up in teh middle of teh night choking and unable to breathe. It lasts about 60 seconds but feels like 10 minutes The …

Last reply
  • Gerd or summin else ?

I never heard of gerd before yesterday but perhaps I have it or worse . It's happened several times awaken middle night and my stomouch attacked - bloating and squelching . Helps to stand up and after time eases although today is not dissapearimg altogether as previous times .  Iv iv also …

Last reply
  • Bottom of neck feels hard

I have been experiencing silent reflux/esophagitis symptoms for a few weeks now and have been very anxious about a serious underlying cause. When I tilt my head back and poke my neck about an inch below my adams apple it feels hard. Its the whole width of my throat as well rather than one spot. …

Last reply
  • Feel the need to burp but cant

started last night stomach feels odd feel the need to burp but can’t. Maybe there is no gas or air in stomach but the urge to burp and discomfort is there. Anyone else experience this and anything I can take? Only thing I ate last night was a simple sandwich. Nothing else

Last reply
  • Swallowing, breathing issues.

Hi All, I have been experiences difficulty with my breathing, not gasping for air or anxious breathing feels more like restricted breathing like I can breath in all the way. My breathing feels very shallow. My chest and diaphragm fee like it’s fatgiued or weak and that’s what is causing the …

Last reply
  • Rwflux laryngitis

I had a paraesopahgeal hernia repair and a toupe fundoplication 2 weeks ago. I still have a horrible and painful lump in my throat feeling. It's awful. The surgeon said it can take 6-8 weeks for this to go away... Does anyone have any experience. I have been suffering for 5 months with a …

Posted
  • Is my difficulty breathing from acid reflux?

I will tell my whole GERD story after this paragraph, but for those who want the basics of it... I had acid reflux for months but after taking probiotic supplements for a couple weeks, I had 0 symptoms of it. After taking the supplements for about a week though, I started to experience shortness of …

Last reply
  • LPR

Does anyone get a yellow tounge In the back of there tounge from LOT? And what is the difference from PPI and just a over the counter acid reducer?

Last reply
  • Sore throat always in the same spot? LPR??

Hello Everyone!   Just another worried person with weird symptoms here. About 6 months ago I started getting random pressure in my throat, like the feeling that someone has their hands around my throat. This would only last for a short period of time (hour). After a couple weeks I started …

Last reply
  • TRJ TRJ

Pain in chest when I swallow.... ?

Been a lurker on this site for a while before even signing up. I suffer from health anxiety and have since my mother passed away since I was around 19. I keep it semi under control by keeping busy. But sometimes it's hard. Anyways, I've been having this issue for the past 2 and 1/2 months. …

Last reply
  • Acid Reflux - strange smell

Hi again everybody. Isnt this problem a real pain. Something new seems to develop every day and knowing what to eat or avoid is a nightmare.Anyway in this message I would like to ask whether any one else like me gets a strange smell up their nostrils.I have for some time now and until today i was …

Last reply
  • Can Acid Reflux (GERD) or LPR cause swollen lymph nodes?

Hi there! Sorry for the lengthy post. During September 2016 (4 months ago), I notice that my right Submandibular nodes (below right jaw, salivary gland) was swollen. It was painless and it is movable. I've had acid reflux since I was still in junior high school (currently 23 years old) and …

Last reply
  • Feeling Like I Have A Lump In My Throat.

Hi, I'm new to the group and have been experiencing acid reflux for a while now,but recently have started to experience the feeling of a lump at the back of my throat and sometimes in my chest. I have been taking Omaprazole on and off,but have now bought some nexium to try that. I havn't …

Last reply
  • How long with the acid rebound last?

I was on omeprazole for 7 days, i doctor just put me on it because she said may be i has silent reflux. I haven had any issues with my stomach or heartburn. my only issue was that i was feeling a lump in my throat but now i think this was anxiety related since i was more aware of what was happening …

Last reply
  • chest pains

Hello all, Just wondering if anyone else has experienced these unique symptoms with reflux. I do not get the common burning feeling like everyone else. I get chest pains and just strange pains in my chest that are hard to describe. Omeprazole does help but sometimes will still get the weird chest …

Last reply
  • Pain after gallbladder removal

Hello. It’s been about a month or a month and a half since my gallbladder surgery. I was doing pretty good then Saturday I woke up and I had pain where my gallbladder was and if I took a deep breath it hurt even worse. It’s been 2 days. It’s not quite as bad but it still hurts. Has anyone else …

Last reply
  • Belching right after I eat !!!! Help

Soon as I eat I start to belch bad. My stomach blows up with gas and I'm sick of this. I've been on nexium for 15 years and nothing works anymore. This all started back after I was having bad panic attacks in January. Does anyone have any ideas what's going on??? I also take a …

Last reply
  • Can Acid reflux really cause this much chest pain

Got told by my doc its reflux have most of the symptoms. being breathless randomly is my most comman and gurgling and bubbling what feels like my chest and pretty loud at times. I have random days where my reflux gets bad and the belching starts but actually it kinda feels like its even hard to …

Last reply
  • Sore mouth

Hi there, I’m hoping someone might be able to relate to my symptoms and be able to offer some helpful advice. I’m getting a really sore mouth and I’m not sure if it’s because I’ve got a dental problem or whether it’s related to acid reflux. I find I suck anti acid mints to try to alleviate the …

Last reply
  • Hiatal Hernia Help

Hi all, I am a male, aged 25 living in Singapore. During July 2018, I felt bloated and went to see my GP.I was also referred to the hospital for a scoping scan and was diagnosed with Hiatal Hernia since 3 August 2018. The doctor told me to stop the medication but then after 9 days I started to …

Last reply
  • I’ve been on PPI meds for 3 months and no improvement??? Help

My main symptoms are burping and the feeling of reflux. I don’t have the burn or acid in my mouth. I suffered from a bad throat with mucus etc. However the burping -expel of gas (not loud) happens when I start moving around or eating/drinking anything. It is worse when have fizzy drinks. I have …

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.