Skip to content

Reflux Oesophagitis

Also known as Acid Reflux, Gastro-oesophageal Reflux Disease, Gavilast, GERD, GORD, Heartburn, Oesophagitis, Ranitidine, Zantac

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Chemical sensitivity affecting throat/chest

Hi, I am a regular on here as some of  you will know.  I am still battling, esophagitis/gerd/hh/reflux which was diagnosed by scope earlier this year.  I refused PPI and doc gave me 150mg Zantac to take am and pm.  I also take mastic gum and seemed to be getting better.  I also...

Last reply
  • Can Acid Reflux (GERD) or LPR cause swollen lymph nodes?

Hi there! Sorry for the lengthy post. During September 2016 (4 months ago), I notice that my right Submandibular nodes (below right jaw, salivary gland) was swollen. It was painless and it is movable. I've had acid reflux since I was still in junior high school (currently 23 years old) and when...

Last reply
  • Is this GERD

hi, I’m 29 years old, female, and very overweight. This past week i’ve Been having pain/discomfort in my right shoulder blade/scapula mostly on my right side sometimes it goes left and on the right side of my sternum. I also feel discomfort the middle of my chest up to my throat and a constant need to...

Last reply
  • XaK XaK
  • Breathing problems, cause, and is it reversible?

For those of you with problems with breathing - feeling like you can't get breath enough air in - were you able to get a diagnosis as to what the problem was? ie esophagus scarring, inflammation, hiatal hernia?  Were you able to eventually get rid of this problem once you got your acid reflux...

Last reply
  • blurry vision on ranitidine

Hi, I first was prescribed Omeprozol when the doctors thought I had acid reflux after about two weeks of taking it I stoped because I read the horrible side effects. The doctor then put me on ranitidine 150mg twice a day. After a month on this I developed blurry vision. I finally had a scope done which...

Last reply
  • Multiple failed laparoscopic Nissen fundoplications

I’ve had 3 failed nissen fundoplications to date. My first surgery was in December 2012, the 2nd in June 2015 and the 3rd in February 2017. After the 2nd surgery, I could tell approximately 6 months later that my wrap was undone.  After the 3rd, it came undone approximately 3 months later. Needless...

Posted
  • Chest discomfort

For the last year or so I have been having chest pains. My chest will get tight, I’ll get light headed, I’ll have pain running down my left arm. I have been to the ER multiple times and every time they say it’s heart burn. I’ve had a stress test with an echo just a few months ago and they found nothing....

Last reply
  • Gassy chest pains; a constant feeling of needing to burp...

Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this, but it seemed the closest bet. Every so often (once a month or so), I experience what I can best describe as gassy chest pains. It's a tight fullness from about the middle of my chest up to the top of my throat (I'm assuming in my esophagus)....

Last reply
  • Has anyone tried Silicol gel ?

Hi has anyone tried Silicol gel for acid indigestion and heartburn ? I had read an article about it in a magazine a while ago and decided to try it as its supposed to have no side effects. It works by coating all your digestive system and absorbing any irritants.  The reason for me trying it is...

Last reply
  • GERD, Silent reflux struggle, im 23 - nausea, headaches

Hello everyone, First of all I thank you for taking the time to read my post. BACKGROUND: I'm a 23 y/old female, i weigh around 51 kgs and am 171 m tall, I am a student and I practice sports twice a week, with no history of gastric reflux before now. I did have anorexia when I was 16 to 18, but...

Last reply
  • Extreme nausea / fatigue. Just gerd?

Hello! I suffer from the usual gerd, have had it extremely bad for 1 whole year. I've been on pantoprazole now for a few months after being on every other ppi and it's still not working. The main problem I'm having is EXTREME nausea, when I say extreme it's basically debilitating.. I'm...

Last reply
  • Switching from Omeprazole to Protonix

Hi!  My doctor is switching me from omeprazole to protonix in the hopes that this will reduce my symptoms.  I had actually asked for him to add ranitidine instead of switching me to what appears to be something stronger, but he said he'd like for me to try protonix.  My main complaint...

Last reply
  • Acid reflux, lump in throat, gas pains

I have been diagnosed by the ENT for reflux and I also suffer from anxiety..as I know anxiety and stress is a big trigger for stomach issues in general. For the past 2-3 months I have been getting this lump in throat sensation and lately it seems to be worse! My anxiety has been a lot better, so it doesn't...

Last reply
  • Hiatus Hernia, gastritis and reflux! When will this hell end?

Hi everyone. Is there someone out there who is going/has gone through this hell? Three months ago my symptoms started from no-where. Burning acid reflux, claggy throat, bouts of nausea and chest pain. My GP initially prescribed Omeprazole but after three weeks there was no improvement so he sent...

Last reply
  • hiatus hernia and pain round right ribs

I have a small sliding hiatus hernia also ibs. Does anyone get pain just below breastbone along right side and round ribs plus in right shoulder and back. It is not my gallbladder as I have had u.s. abdo and ct of abdo all clear any advice appreciated..

Last reply
  • Agonizing in Throat and Palate pain due to reflux

People in this group, who are suffering just like I'm.. I'm so sorry for all of you and hoping that we'll find a proper solution to this problem soon enough.. I wanna tell you all about ny condition and I'm only posting this cuz I need help since doctors can't help me they don't...

Last reply
  • Dizziness caused by acid reflux

I was pleased to find this site as 4 months ago I was gong to the gym most days of the week. I am 61 years old but consider myself to be relatively fit. In may of this year I developed a spit and continually wanted to clear my throat . I have had an MRI scan, Cat scan andchest/lung Xrays, all of which...

Last reply
  • Feel bad after eating

So after I eat I notice my heart rate speeds up. Often my chest feels full. Occasional random pains that I believe are gas pains. If I'm sitting I can feel these sensations. If I am up moving around, cleaning or just walking in a store I feel my heart rate get higher and sort of breathless like when...

Last reply
  • Throat symptoms (new to GERD)

I began treatment for GERD a few weeks ago. First I was on PPIs but then I got switched to Prevacid (Lansoprazole) because it's apparently more effective and my symptoms were really bothering me. The worst symptoms I have are excessive belching (and the tight feeling in my chest and throat only...

Last reply
  • does anyone have these symptoms?

Hi there I have always had a bit of a dodgy stomach but for the past year or so i have been diagnosed superficially with oes reflux I get worried that there missing something i get pulsing in my stomach which radiates up my chest to my head so my whole body pulses, i get dizzy and my legs sometimes fell...

Last reply
  • Help

Hi. I have suffered reflux for on off 6 years. For most of the time I'm on 30mg lansoprazole twice a day. I suffer bad stress and anxiety that makes it bad. Yesterday I was in agony and found I had a small kidney stone which I now need to wee out. The thing is though I've found out PPI and gaviscon...

Last reply
  • Biopsy Results from Endoscopy

I got the results from my biopsy from the endoscopy I had, the doctor said I had a lot of inflammation in the lower part of my esophagus and that I had a polyp in my stomach, he suggested I continue to take my PPI pills, I told him I didn't take them in over a month now because of the side affects...

Last reply
  • I've been sick for 2 months now

I've been to every hospital I can go to. I have Gerd they say along with heavy head,blurry vision,tingling hands and feet,can't sleep at night seem like I got a golf ball stuck in my throat. I just want my life back all EKG come back good all blood work good anxiety is terrible.

Last reply
  • Panic Attack

I had an endoscope last September which they told me i had a very small hiatus hernia. I am taking peptac, ompeprazole and ranatidine daily which dont seem to be helping my water brash. This morning i woke up with numbness (icy cold foot) down my left leg and foot which put me in a panic attack. I also...

Last reply
  • Accid reflux and chills

Hi. Does any else get all over body chills with reflux, experiencing horrible pain between shoulder blades at moment together with chills all over

Last reply
  • Chronic burning throat with LPR acid reflux

hey, I’m currently sat here so fed up needing some help!  Ive had chronic LPR for 3 years and no idea why! It just started suddenly and I’ve been suffering since.  My throat feels dry and burnt constantly and I can’t get any relief. I’ve been on lasoprazole 30mg twice daily for 3 years and...

Last reply
  • How I cured my acid reflux, naturally.

Hi:  It seems like there are many more people suffering from acid reflux than ever before.  Professionals offer only medications and surgery.  I have suffered from acid reflux on and off for some 20 years.  After much research and meditation on how the esophageal sphincter functions,...

Last reply
  • Constant burping and throat tightness

Hi I have suffered bouts of heartburn and belching off and on for a couple of years.The past few months have seen an increase in belching constantly and very loudly with heartburn and on one occasion i had hearturn all night and throught i was having a heart attack. I do like very hot spicy food and...

Last reply
  • zantac

does anyone here take zantac (ranitidine) 150mg?? just started wondering how long it takes to work 

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.