Skip to content

Reflux Oesophagitis

Also known as Acid Reflux, Gastro-oesophageal Reflux Disease, Gavilast, GERD, GORD, Heartburn, Oesophagitis, Ranitidine, Zantac

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • LPR that causes mostly hoarseness and swollen vocal cords

My chief complaint is hoarseness and feeling like my vocal cords are always swollen. I have had my vocal cords looked at several times by ENT docs . They always say cords are red and look swollen and I was DX'd with LPR. I am back on twice daily PPI's (prilosec) but it does not seem to be helping...

Last reply
  • GERD & Regurgitation of food

Hello fellow GERD sufferers! I’ve had GERD for about 15 years and have been on Omeprazole 20mg 1xday for about the same number of years, which has really controlled my acid reflux. However, I frequently experience a “pressure” sensation and mild pain behind by breastbone/chest area that gets pretty uncomfortable...

Last reply
  • Acid regurgitation issue

Hi guys so I have been experiencing some symptoms of acid reflux since last week. Original I will always feel acid coming out from my throat regardless of if I am standing or lying down. I will also feel After taking Omeprazole for around a week I think my condition improved. I am only experiencing...

Posted
  • partial fundoplication done April 24, 2018.

All was fine post op, and was so greatly relieved to not have acid coming into my mouth all of the time, even rotting my teeth in spite of Pepcid AC and Prilosec for 22 years.  About 6 weeks post op, I started having diarrhea, but not horrible, but now it's to the horrible stage, where everything...

Last reply
  • Hemorrhoidectomy

A little back story. For as long as I can remember hemorrhoids are something I've always dealt with. Along time ago I had a thrombosis external one lanced and drained in the ER. It of course returned. And years later I became pregnant, and they became much worse. While pregnant my doctor attempted...

Last reply
  • Endoscopy

Hi. I've been on lansoprazole 30mg for 6 years and at bad times 60mg. Anyhow I'm being sent for an endoscopy and I've been told I can't take my meds for about 10 days before. How can I do this, I'll feel really ill. I'm assuming loads of you have had the procedure. How do you...

Last reply
  • Is this a symptom of reflux?

Hi guys, I've had all manner of symptoms over the past 6 months. I've noticed a lot of changes with my bowels/movements, etc. and for the past week I've had serious difficulty breathing at times. Had to take a few days off work, it was that bad. It's accompanied by an irritating dry cough...

Last reply
  • Stopping PPIs, your experience

I did it. I weaned off PPIs after two months of 80 mg pantoprazole/protonix, for about 2 weeks. I know I went fast but the side effects were killing me. I was most probably misdiagnosed with LPR , when in reality i had a bad sinus infection. As it usually goes for other people, i was perfectly fine...

Last reply
  • Reflux really stressing me out

So i've been suffering from acid reflux for the past 3 months and some of the pain it's been causing me has been really stressing me out. I get really bad pain when swallowing sometimes and mainly in my neck, also sometimes behind my breastbone and around my shoulder blades. I was just wondering...

Last reply
  • Is my difficulty breathing from acid reflux?

I will tell my whole GERD story after this paragraph, but for those who want the basics of it... I had acid reflux for months but after taking probiotic supplements for a couple weeks, I had 0 symptoms of it. After taking the supplements for about a week though, I started to experience shortness of breath....

Last reply
  • Fundoplication failure

I had a lap' Nissen fundoplication about 10 years ago. The operation changed my life. For the first time in 25 years I could eat and drink what and when I wanted. About a year ago my original symptoms began to reappear and have got progressively worse and I I am now on 40mg omeprazole a day. I...

Last reply
  • What is this?

Hi all,  After reading the forum about heartburn and GERD, I am a bit confused because my symptoms do not really match. Currently i experience a 1) sour/bitter taste in my mouth almost 24/7 2)very occasional choking feel in the the throat 3)fluid when i lie down flat. The fluid is sometimes mild...

Last reply
  • Sour Taste in mouth

Last week I experienced the feeling of something stuck in my throat and bloated feeling in chest. I also experienced a warm sensation in my throat. I went to the doctor and was told that I may have acid re flux. Hence I was given the medication omeprazole for 3 days. However it didnt seem to help...

Last reply
  • Getting off of PPI’s.

Getting off of PPI’s and the acid rebounds.  I was wondering if anyone has ever heard of a gastric tube inserted into your stomach.  With a battery operated pump you could pump your acid it out as often as needed until your stomach stops producing too much acid. Even getting fed intravenously...

Last reply
  • Ppi and trigger food

Hi, maybe this will sound stupid, but I would like to ask you if you can eat everything when you are taking ppi or not. I still have to figure out what food causes me heartburn, but I know that tomatoes, chocolate... are for sure. But I thouhgt that I will be able to eat tomatoes  if I’m on ppi,...

Last reply
  • Apple cider vinegar always safe for GERD? Inflamed esophagus?

Hi everyone, I've had enough of acid reflux, I will move the sky in my efforts to be rid of it for good, but I feel very alone in this. I've been on Omeprazole, Lanzoprazole, and Ranitidine, none of which helped in the least, Omep and Lanzo might have even made it worse. I've had tests done,...

Last reply
  • Dizziness caused by acid reflux

I was pleased to find this site as 4 months ago I was gong to the gym most days of the week. I am 61 years old but consider myself to be relatively fit. In may of this year I developed a spit and continually wanted to clear my throat . I have had an MRI scan, Cat scan andchest/lung Xrays, all of which...

Last reply
  • Reflex question

So i know ive had alot of gas and bloating due to relflux. Is it true that reflux can also cause your neck area to make a crunching/grinding noise? And also make you sometimes feel over exhausted at points

Posted
  • gastritis, why wont it go away?

does gastritis have a cure or is it forever?  i took the triple therapy treatment for ten days but then made the mistake of drinking milk and it messed me up even more!  whats going on?  what should i do in this case?  can someone please tell me what happened when the antibiotics...

Last reply
  • Linx surgery for acid reflux

Has anyone esperienced this relatively new surgery for acid reflux which doesnt respond to drugs. Or does anyone know anything about it. It is much es invasive than the nissen fondiplication op. done by day surgery I think. My gastro ent. didnt mention it but I thought I might investiage.just out...

Last reply
  • Living with LPR (or not so Silent Reflux)

Dear all I have read with great interest many posts over the past couple of months with regards to LPR / Silent Reflux and I hope you don't mind me sharing my story. Even if nobody responds or reads this post at the very least, for me personally, writing this has been very therapeutic. My story...

Last reply
  • Why a bike drain after a Nissen Fundoplication

I’m on day 5 after an endoscopic Nissen Fundoplication and hiatus hernia repair and doing not too bad so far apart from still difficulties swallowing, I have constant hiccups and my chest is painful when I drink, sounding like a blocked drain gurgling away.   (They’ll eventually pass). I can’t vomit....

Last reply
  • How I cured my acid reflux, naturally.

Hi:  It seems like there are many more people suffering from acid reflux than ever before.  Professionals offer only medications and surgery.  I have suffered from acid reflux on and off for some 20 years.  After much research and meditation on how the esophageal sphincter functions,...

Last reply
  • Sore throat always in the same spot? LPR??

Hello Everyone!   Just another worried person with weird symptoms here. About 6 months ago I started getting random pressure in my throat, like the feeling that someone has their hands around my throat. This would only last for a short period of time (hour). After a couple weeks I started noticing...

Last reply
  • Feeling like something is stuck in my throat and throat pain

About a week ago I noticed this strange feeling in the back of my throat. On the right hand side only and by my voice box and collarbone. It feels like something is stuck there that I can't get out. I'm scared to eat I feel like I'm constantly going to chock, it hurts to swallow. I also have...

Last reply
  • donna42833

I had the links procedure done in 1/17 had problems from the beginning , with vomiting, trying to eat , trying to swallow, and the acid reflux has been just a bad as it was before the procedure, and  I had a nissin before this. The nissen has tore loose before the linx was done and had to be taken...

Last reply
  • Did anyone develop dysphagia?

Hello fellow GERD sufferers,  can you describe me how did you develop dysphagia or any other LPR symptoms? Was it after LPR appeared or before? How severe your symptoms are? When does your heartburn start and how long does it last? How was your upper endoscopy? Thank you guys,  Take care, ...

Last reply
  • After chiropractor I’m having acid reflux

I saw a chiropractor on Wednesday June 20th for pain in my ear. My left ear was experiencing so much pain and at times it felt like my ear drum would swell up and I would feel piercing pain in it. Well, she cracks me neck and after the appointment I started feeling shooting pains up and down my left...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.