Skip to content
Ad

Reflux Oesophagitis

Also known as Acid Reflux, Gastro-oesophageal Reflux Disease, GERD, GORD, Heartburn, Oesophagitis

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • How I cured my acid reflux, naturally.

Hi:  It seems like there are many more people suffering from acid reflux than ever before.  Professionals offer only medications and surgery.  I have suffered from acid reflux on and off for some 20 years.  After much research and meditation on how the esophageal sphincter functions,...

Last reply
  • LPR and shortness of breath

My biggest symptom of LPR is shortness of breath, which is vocal chord dysfunction. It really showed up first and my other LPR symptoms have showed up after and been mild if they have been there at all. The shortness of breath is enough of a symptom. I hate it more than I can express and it's given...

Last reply
  • How can you determine if severe stress is causing acid reflux?

Hi - i started with acid reflux on holiday and have had it ever since.i suffer from anxiety and before the holiday was an extremely stressful time. how can i tell if this has caused my reflux and how can i help myself by not worrying about the reflux? its a vicious circle. i am scheduled for an endsocopy...

Posted
  • Metallic taste on lips and fingers? Anyone else had this?

I am currently on Lanzoprozole for acid reflux but only been on it for about two and a half weeks. I have improved but it isnt going. Last night i had my evening meal and noticed that my lips tasted of metal when i licked them. also my fingers did. it was a terrible taste. i licked my arm to see if the...

Last reply
  • Stomach vibrating/gurgles/like engie idle

I've been feeling sick for two years now and everybody's telling me it's anxiety but I am not making this up. I feel pretty good today my wife made sausage and peppers and then all of a sudden I felt a heaviness in my stomach and chest, I can literally feel my stomach vibrating, it's...

Last reply
  • Can you live a normal life with a hiatus hernia?

Hi everyone, I am a 36 year old woman, I weigh about 11 stone and I am a stay at home mum to 3 children. I have suffered with excess acid for about 10 years now. The doctor put me on lansoprazole which I have been taking everyday. Everything was going fine until I was put under a lot of stress due to...

Last reply
  • Suffering and a change of meds

Hi ive been suffering from acid reflux since my holiday early december. my doctor put me on lanzoprozole and at first i thought i was slightly better but then i have got worse. the out of hours gp has switched me to ranetadine 150mg twice and day and i see my doc tomorrow. surely this lower dose medicine...

Last reply
  • Acid Reflux and Inflammed Esophagus?

Hello, I started experiencing esophagus problems all of a sudden about two months ago. It started one evening right after I finished supper, I felt like I had a lump of food stuck in my esophagus, rignt between my breast. It did not hurt, just felt like a lump of food just sitting there. I drank a lot...

Last reply
  • Acid Reflux , Lump in Throat

I have been treated for heartburn the last few months and was given lansoprazole 30mg 1 a day. I am still having acid coming up and have a sore tongue most days burning of the lips and roof of the mouh. I have discomfort/ burning in the sternum and below the sternum and feel nauseus on and off during...

Last reply
  • Reflux nightmare

Ive been on this forum on and off for six months and am still here, with no visible signs of improvement to my reflux, still desperately looking for help. I have seen gi consultant again, who's put me on 600mg Ranitidine and 20mg Pariet with a view to gradually cutting back, which did work before,...

Last reply
  • Excessive Mucus. cannot get rid off

i am a sixty year old woman Approx 3 mths ago I was diagnosed with hiatus hernia and Gerd However my major problem is large amounts of mucus in my throat that is nearly impossible to clear I am having major probs breathing as my throat feels like it is closing up and I spend all day gasping for air and...

Last reply
  • Please I need answers

My problems started 10yrs ago. I started feel the urge to burp constantly but it seemed to stop right at my throat area and not manifest it’s self so all day long I felt like I was being choked as if I was wearing a tie around my neck pressure all day. My doctor ordered some test and he discovered I...

Last reply
  • I’ve had “reflux” for about 2 years, and not managing it

I’ve not had a written diagnosis, I have no heartburn,and I think I have “silent reflux. I think it’s important to have a diagnosis. I’ve had endoscopy, Barium swallow, PPIs and messed about with my diet. Minimal improvements. I’d like to know if there is a “Centre of excellence.” And if there are any...

Last reply
  • Help needed

About 10 days this acid reflux hell started for me. If I eat anything I get horrible heartburn and unable to burp, I have always taken a low dose esamprozole but now on Lansoprazole 30mg and Mottilon and Gaviscon, has anyone gone nearly 7 days without any relief? I’m very anxious 

Last reply
  • Linx surgery for acid reflux

Has anyone esperienced this relatively new surgery for acid reflux which doesnt respond to drugs. Or does anyone know anything about it. It is much es invasive than the nissen fondiplication op. done by day surgery I think. My gastro ent. didnt mention it but I thought I might investiage.just out...

Last reply
  • Just like all the rest? Help!

My story maybe just like all the rest, and likely is.  Like so many, I'm sure, I suffer not only from gastric, esophageal  issues but my stress level and overall anxiety are off the charts.  I am 53 next week and can't remember a day when I didn't have anxiety.  I am successful...

Last reply
  • GERD and the Flu

This is the first time I'm having the flu and GERD. I have a a lot of mucous cough, which irritates my throat a lot, which never used to happen before. Can anybody share their symtoms of cold and lpr symtoms together, the extent of your symtoms and how do you manage it? Thanks

Posted
  • Esophagus pressure?

Hello, i have recently started feeling a weird pressure on my lower chest/esophagus area after i swallow solid foods. It started not too long ago, maybe a few days? I had the same thing about a month ago but it went away after two days. Now it came back but its a little different, i also feel like theres...

Last reply
  • What to do - LPR

Hi anyone, ​     I'm really suffering with LPR.  I've been on 80 mgs Omeprazole for about 6 weeks.  Tried to lower my dose a few days ago to 60 mgs and the terrible, terrible burning returned to my throat.  I could feel the acid last night in my throat so I took 20 mgs...

Last reply
  • Lump in my throat

Hi there, For the last 3 weeks I keep feeling like there is a lump in my throat when I swallow. I can eat my food and swallow well but it feels like something is still there after I have swallowed. Sometimes, if I belch ( and that happens a lot now) it's like it disturbs this lump and I have to...

Last reply
  • Inhaling acid whilst asleep - Acid Reflux

Hi I have had acid reflux for 2 years and been on Lanzoprazole 30mg once a day as a PPI I am 42, male and overweight Recently I have had teh most frightening experience of waking up in teh middle of teh night choking and unable to breathe. It lasts about 60 seconds but feels like 10 minutes The doctor...

Last reply
  • Betaine Hcl + Pepsin+Bitters??? Anyone with experience???

I am desperate for help! Over the holidays, I just found out myself that I have low stomach acid (66yrs.) - after being on PPIs for months, suffering 24/7 and losing 15kg which I couldn't afford to lose. This has caused many other health problems. Just totally exhausted and weak.  German doctors...

Last reply
  • Don't want to take Omeprazole again

I was getting a lot of heartburn, and so my doctor put me on Omeprazole for 2 months, 40mg for 1 month and 20mg afterwards. I had awful pains in my leg on the higher dose but stuck it out, and to a lesser extent on 20mg. I finished the course 2 weeks ago and have not gone back to the doctor as I would...

Last reply
  • Has anyone tried Silicol gel ?

Hi has anyone tried Silicol gel for acid indigestion and heartburn ? I had read an article about it in a magazine a while ago and decided to try it as its supposed to have no side effects. It works by coating all your digestive system and absorbing any irritants.  The reason for me trying it is...

Last reply
  • Accid reflux and chills

Hi. Does any else get all over body chills with reflux, experiencing horrible pain between shoulder blades at moment together with chills all over

Last reply
  • Anyone familiar with the Stretta procedure for curing reflux?

It doesn't have to be from someone who's necessarily HAD the Stretta - although hearing first hand experience would be awesome - but just anyone who knows about it and/ or has an opinion on it one way or another. I'm about to have the Stretta performed in the coming month if all my tests...

Last reply
  • does anyone have these symptoms?

Hi there I have always had a bit of a dodgy stomach but for the past year or so i have been diagnosed superficially with oes reflux I get worried that there missing something i get pulsing in my stomach which radiates up my chest to my head so my whole body pulses, i get dizzy and my legs sometimes fell...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.