Skip to content
Ad

Reflux Oesophagitis

Also known as Acid Reflux, Gastro-oesophageal Reflux Disease, GERD, GORD, Heartburn, Oesophagitis

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

• Joy0615 Joy0615

Frequent mouth ulcers.

Hello Doctors, I am 34 year old software professional. I have serious acidity issues since the age of 28. I started taking antacid tablets for temporary relief. But as i started getting older the problem started getting worst. Now, If i dont take antacids i get mouth ulcer. I have consulted many doctors...

• nissan fundoplication reversal help

i am two year down the line after having the nissan and it hasnt been the best two years with this god awfull lump in my throat after threatening the nhs with legal action the consultant has agreed to see my and given me mintec and buscopan which help a little with the lump which only shows its self...

All discussions in this group

Next
  • I have been suffering from LPR acidity please guide me?

Since last March month, I am facing LPR acidity problem. In this acidity, my throat get irritated and checking problems. This I suffer every day. Please tell me solution. I already done endoscopy. There is no damage. But Dr says my valve near liver is short which may opens up for acid reflux. It seems...

Last reply
  • Fundoplication

I've just went through Fundiplication surgery on 1st August 2017. I suffered from acid reflux for the past 10 years. I am not feeling dysphagia symptoms so this morning (10 days after syrgery) I took a scambled egg (it had a lot of milk so it was quite on the liquid side. Maybe I added too much butter)....

Last reply
  • Dizziness caused by acid reflux

I was pleased to find this site as 4 months ago I was gong to the gym most days of the week. I am 61 years old but consider myself to be relatively fit. In may of this year I developed a spit and continually wanted to clear my throat . I have had an MRI scan, Cat scan andchest/lung Xrays, all of which...

Last reply
  • Is Reflux causing this?

Hi, was wondering if anyone gets these symptoms with their Reflux? I've had the usual acid reflux with the burning throat which was worse during my 5 pregnancies. But I also get silent reflux and wondered if these symptoms sound familiar to anyone? *Full on acid taste in my whole mouth (not all...

Last reply
  • TSJ TSJ

Hiatus Hernia and constant burping/belching

Hi there, this is my first visit to this site and am hoping someone can give me some tips or advice for my condition. I am a male, 57 yrs of age. I have had heartburn/indigestion on and off for years. For the past 6 months to a year I have regular bouts of severe burping/belching and acid reflux. I often...

Last reply
  • PPI seems to be working differently

Hi, I am a regular poster and have been on esomeprazole for over 10 years now, varying from 20mg to 80mg dependent on needs etc.  I have noticed recently that I have been having lots of stomach pains, GP advised me to up my dose from 20mg to 40mg but I have noticed that this makes my stomach burn...

Last reply
  • LPR disproven; so why do I still have it?!

I've been suffering from what I believe is LPR reflux for 16 months now, and I honestly can't take another day of it. I've been through everything to try and cure it from day 1. This includes all sorts of PPIs/H2 blockers, Gaviscon Advance, 3 different diets, 3 different antidepressants,...

Last reply
  • Nissan Fundoplication Surgery

For 2 years I dealt with GERD! I was in & out the hospital with TEST after TEST! Put to sleep numerous times to get tested on my esophagus, I have FULLY lost my voice and I'm now in VOICE THERAPY to get my voice back because the acid shut down my vocal chords, NO MEDICATIONS worked! It ended...

Last reply
  • Eyes stinging from acid reflux

This is my first time on here, but have been reading and find this forum very helpful... I pretty much have acid reflux all day and night for almost 2 months, with some relief while sleeping, most mornings I wake up with out symptoms but I have to eat early, be upright for a while before bed and sleep...

Last reply
  • Diagnosis of ACID reflux

Hi, I have belching, regurgitation after eating and feeling hot burning sensation in my feet, Can you guide me weather it is acid reflux symptoms or something else Have visited GP and Doc have only prescribed digestive tab, in LFT test my SGPT & SGOT is high

Last reply
  • How I cured my acid reflux, naturally.

Hi:  It seems like there are many more people suffering from acid reflux than ever before.  Professionals offer only medications and surgery.  I have suffered from acid reflux on and off for some 20 years.  After much research and meditation on how the esophageal sphincter functions,...

Last reply
  • Nausea

Hi, For the past 1 month i have nausea symptoms and occasional clear liquid throw up particularly in the empty stomach. I never got heart burn or stomach burn. No bitter burping.  The only symptom is nausea with clear liquid throwing up my GP said this could be acid reflex and gave zantac for...

Last reply
  • Need help

Hi all. I spend a great many hours each and every day trying to figure out i am extremely confuse I am driving crazy right now for the pass eight to month's I have been sick with irregular period irritable bowel movement one side headache one side neck and spine pain sore throat back head pain discomfort...

Last reply
  • Repair of failed anti reflux procedure?

Hello, I'm new to this forum and will endeavour to keep things as brief as possible. Around 20 years ago I underwent surgery for a hiatus hernia and acid reflux,  I was in a lot of discomfort and only in my late twenties at the time.  Overall the surgery worked reasonably well, even if...

Last reply
  • Extreme nausea / fatigue. Just gerd?

Hello! I suffer from the usual gerd, have had it extremely bad for 1 whole year. I've been on pantoprazole now for a few months after being on every other ppi and it's still not working. The main problem I'm having is EXTREME nausea, when I say extreme it's basically debilitating.. I'm...

Last reply
  • When is heartburn not heartburn?

I've been searching for some help with my situation but can't seem to find anyone in a siilar boat. For the past 5 weeks I've had a burning feeling deep in the centre of my right chest. It feels like it's half-way between my chest and my back. It comes on around 11am and stays all day. ...

Last reply
  • Is this Acid Reflux or could it be a respiratory issue?

Hi looking for advice or others with similar symptoms.  My doctor has advised that I probably have acid reflux causing oesophagitis but I am just not sure as my symptoms seem so different in the way that they don't seem to be triggered immediately. There is no point taking gaviscon/rennie/zantac...

Last reply
  • Frequent mouth ulcers.

Hello Doctors, I am 34 year old software professional. I have serious acidity issues since the age of 28. I started taking antacid tablets for temporary relief. But as i started getting older the problem started getting worst. Now, If i dont take antacids i get mouth ulcer. I have consulted many doctors...

Posted
  • LPR Reflux issues! Nothing seems to work :(

Hi! I'm a 26 year old male. It's been about a year since I started developing reflux issues. In this time I have never experienced any heartburn. My post nasal drip has worsened. However I know it's not solely post nasal drip, because my symptoms typically flare after meals or coffee. ...

Last reply
  • Acid Reflux , Lump in Throat

I have been treated for heartburn the last few months and was given lansoprazole 30mg 1 a day. I am still having acid coming up and have a sore tongue most days burning of the lips and roof of the mouh. I have discomfort/ burning in the sternum and below the sternum and feel nauseus on and off during...

Last reply
  • Ranitidine and fatigue

i've been taking 300 mg of ranitidine twice daily for over 5 years now. Recently, I have been experiencing terrible fatigue. My rheumatologist has ruled out just about everything including CFS. I'm beginning to wonder, after reading several articles leading me in this direction, whether my problem...

Last reply
  • GOPD.

I retch every second morning-just bile coming out. Am on tablets that is supposed to stop this and  also Gaviscon advance. Is this normal and despite endoscopies-which showed up hiatis hernia 3cm-do I have to live with this.  I live in a very stresful environmental as my wife has mental...

Last reply
  • Silent reflux nightmare ?

I have been on omeprozole a long time for reflux and it's worked fine . I still have no heartburn or reflux that I know of . But for past month have had a sore throat and lump just behind where tongue drops down throat . Also a constant coldness in mouth and back of throat even spreading to nasal...

Last reply
  • How Long does it take PPIs to Leave the System?

Does anybody know? I can't find any definitive info on the net anywhere. My ankles are swollen from taking Omeprazole. I took the last one on Saturday morning. Should the swelling be down by now or do PPIs take longer to leave the body? Thanks.

Last reply
  • Gerd/ibs

Plse help. I hvbn in zantac over two years. Can't take anything else. Hv had endoscopy and just a small hiatus hernia. Hv had one for many years. I hv heartburn most days and am very very careful what I eat. I'm desperate to know what to do next.

Last reply
  • Please help me identity - these things keep coming up and go away

Whenever i eat something spiecy, it is okay when i eat but during bowl moment it kills me. Sometimes I am sleepy before bowl, my heart rate goes up, and sometimes when i try to sleep i have kind of shock, my hands and feet start to go numb. But when i poop, everything goes fine.  Sometimes i also...

Last reply
  • does anyone have these symptoms?

Hi there I have always had a bit of a dodgy stomach but for the past year or so i have been diagnosed superficially with oes reflux I get worried that there missing something i get pulsing in my stomach which radiates up my chest to my head so my whole body pulses, i get dizzy and my legs sometimes fell...

Last reply
  • Linx surgery for acid reflux

Has anyone esperienced this relatively new surgery for acid reflux which doesnt respond to drugs. Or does anyone know anything about it. It is much es invasive than the nissen fondiplication op. done by day surgery I think. My gastro ent. didnt mention it but I thought I might investiage.just out...

Last reply
  • Acid reflux, lump in throat, gas pains

I have been diagnosed by the ENT for reflux and I also suffer from anxiety..as I know anxiety and stress is a big trigger for stomach issues in general. For the past 2-3 months I have been getting this lump in throat sensation and lately it seems to be worse! My anxiety has been a lot better, so it doesn't...

Last reply
  • pins and needles in left hand

I have been suffering from acid reflux for 9 months now,  recently I appear to now have developed pins and needles in extremities  of left hand,  I thought I was getting on top of this reflux ( my health has declined over past 9 months, I had lump taken out of colon 6 months ago, and...

Last reply
  • Sound in throat lying down....is this Acid reflux

I have had acid reflux for 3 years, am on 30mg of lansaprosole a day for it......and dont get any symtoms.  About 8 months ago I went on antibiotics for h pylori,  so may not even have acid reflux any more (as I have heard h pylori can be a cause).....however,  for about a year ago I...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.