18 year old girl 6cm complex cyst

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi there, im new here, 18 years old . so basically ever since i started my period (age of 11) it was alway irregular and i started realising my body hair including face was increasing . anyways the doctor kept on dismissing me , telling me its my diet , stress, lifestyle etc. now at the age of 18 i had an ultrasound which showed a 6cm ovarian cyst on my left ovary and appt with gyn after 2 weeks and they referred me for MRI and blood test to check for CA125 and other tumour markers ( they wrote URGENT on my paper). I AM ABSOLOUTLY TERRIFIED!! let me remind u that i have my a levels exam after 1 month. 

apart from my irregular periods and excessive hair , i have slightly bloated stomach. pleasssseeeeee let me know if anyone has been situation . im really scared and worried and havent had a good nights sleep since my appts.

3 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jen. I know it's easy to say but do try not to worry too much. It could polycystic ovary syndrome or maybe a dermoid cyst which teenagers and young women seem prone to. My grandaughter had a dermoid cyst removed a few years ago and is fine now. Try looking for more info on this website, top of this page, Womens health/ovarian cysts/dermoids. Bad that you have exams coming up but try to concentrate on them till you get a diagnosis from the gynae. Best wishes, Poll xxx

• Posted

Thanks poll. Yhh I try not to worry but when doctors mentioned MRI and CA125 blood test i ultimately thought about 'c' . Too afraid to say it's name lol.

• Posted

Extremely unlikely at your age Jen. Just go along with what they tell you and don't try to be to athletic with a cyst in there, might twist. Take it easy. xxx rolleyes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.