18 year old with one ear tinnitus for months?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi! As the title suggests, I am 18 and around 3 months ago my right ear started ringing. I noticed it first at night when I had a sinus infection and it hasn't gone away since. Before it started I had had pretty bad bronchitis and two sinus infections during the bronchitis, slight ear fullness/pop when sick but THAT went away in December. The sickness was during November to early January. Now that I am better it has stayed the same, and even lately seems worse. If I am in a quiet room at night it is so loud it is all I can think about. I don't hear it  though unless it is quiet, so only at night before I turn on white noise. I went to an ENT in February and she basically said it may or may not go away and that my hearing is great. I am suspicious as to what could cause my ear ringing if I'm 18 and no hearing issues? I want to go back but my parents won't take me but I am extremely concerned this could be an acoustic neuroma or other tumor. The ENT didn't want to check it out more and seemed like she didn't think the one ear ringing was weird so I am confused..Should I be more concerned and go back to another doctor? I have been listening to my hearing more lately because one night I heard pulsing, and ever since I focused on it it seems way worse. Back to the ENT?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.