Skip to content

Ear Problems

Also known as Acoustic Neuroma, Deafness, Glue Ear, Hearing Disorders, Mastoiditis, Otitis Externa, Otitis Media

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Horrible ear problem

I have had this problem with my ears for about 8-9 years now (I'm 16) - I never thought much of it and it never bothered me that much when I was younger but it's starting to become more of a problem now. Basically, I feel like I constantly have pressure in my ears. If I take a very deep breath...

Last reply
  • Hearing Aids

I would be very interested to hear others' experiences of Oticon miniFit (thin tube) hearing aids.  I was fitted (NHS) with a pair a couple of days ago.  I realise they might take some time getting used to but I find the tinniness very irritating.  I wear specs so every time they move...

Last reply
  • Tender bump behind left ear

Hi. A few days ago I noticed a bump behind my ear while I was taking a bath, it's not really on my head, it's on the cartilage of my right ear where the ear joins the head, just above the earlobe. I also have another bump in the lower outer rim, very close to the cartilage.  The first one...

Last reply
  • Middle Ear Infection (Fluid) Spread to Throat (Help?)

May 23- got left ear impression at audiologist for hearing aid. felt two strong pokes from the metal tool when she was inserting cotton. Very painful. pain subsided. May 27- severe pain in left ear, couldn't bend over or lay down. May 29- saw audiologist, sent me to her friend/ENT, he said I had...

Posted
  • Ear infection for over 10 days any ideas why?

So I’ve had a ear infection for over 10 days now I am on amoxicillin for it but nothing seems to be working at all I am just getting worse. Doctors advised I have otitis externa but why won’t it clear I also have numbness of full left ear servere pain and green discharge coming out can anyone advise...

Last reply
  • Inner ear fluid seems to stop up in right ear

I really am at my wits end! About 1 year ago, I started taking a lot of different supplements and drinking Kombucha(probiotic). I noticed my equilibrium seemed to "roll" in my head like being on a ship going up and down(front to back) as I worked out strenuously on stationary bike. I cut way...

Last reply
  • loud roaring vibration sound in ear and hearing distortion

Hi, Has anyone experienced a loud roaring low frequency noise in ear with hearing distortion.  I woke up one morning in December of 2015 and felt like there was a gong in my head all sound was vibrating. I felt like I was in the front seat of a car driving down the highway with the back windows...

Last reply
  • Has anyone got audiograph results that is U shaped in both ears

hi, I've entry had fitted 2 new digital hearing aids following an apparently much needed test and after several visits to gp in early 20s. Have had a really loud high pitch buzz in both ears all my life and always struggled and needed to concentrate to distraction to hear what people said so although...

Posted
  • Sudden Sensoneural Hearing loss

My husband developed sudden sensorineural hearing loss (SSNHL) in Nov 2017 in his right ear, initially resulting in 80-90% hearing loss. He already has some hearing loss in left ear from an injury 20 years ago, but this ear has now become his "good " ear. After high dose Prednisone and multiple...

Last reply
  • Stapedectomy Experience (UK)

Hi everyone, I've just had a stapedectomy in my right ear and thought I would share my experience with others who may be considering this operation. I'll try and update this every couple of days, but feel free to ask any questions you might have in the meantime. I've really benefitted from...

Last reply
  • Crackling / popping / clicking in ears - it's like an orchestra

Hey folks, I've had crackling in my ears when I swallow or yawn (sometimes when I inhale deeply as well) for years now. Sometimes they also actually pop, which seems to restore some mild hearing loss. In January these sounds were joined by a up until now permanent background musician, named Tinnitus....

Last reply
  • Ear leaking for 5 months.

End of January my left ear started leaking and smelled really bad. I was given Otomize spray which I thought did the trick. After about 3 weeks it seemed to have started leaking again. I went back to my GP who put me on Otomize spray again.  Two weeks later it still hasn’t cleared up so I went...

Last reply
  • Stapedecomy surgery

Hi everyone, I had stapedecomy surgery on my ear two months ago and still am having problems with off balance and vertigo symptoms not sure if anyone else has had this problem and if it goes away??

Last reply
  • My ears have been popping nonstop for over 1 year

Intro So I’ve been dealing with an issue for over a year now where my ears constantly pop (as if you’re in an airplane). There is pain in my ears associated with the popping, and both occur constantly, all day, every day, nonstop. The popping started back in October 2016 and has been going on every...

Last reply
  • Middle ear infection in an adult?

Hi All..I was diagnosed with acute otitis media (AOM) which is basically fluid behind the eardrum. Was given a 10 day course of an antibiotic. I have bad headaches, plugged feeling in ears, buzzing in ears (tinnitus) and just generally feeling horrible. The thing is I've read where this ailment...

Last reply
  • Really struggling.ear fullness and tinnitus

I had an mri scan in march as ive been having weird eye symptoms and other symptoms like dizziness and a tremor ect all came back fine apart from some imflamation in one of the ears...i started to feel alot better,the doctor checked in my ear but couldnt see the drum as it had alot of wax (both ears)...

Last reply
  • Breathing and ringing in ears

This is my last hope of finding a solution. I've tried everything. My right ear has done this thing on and off ever since I can remember. My doctor thought it was due to swollen tonsils but the meds he gave me didn't help. The closest I can come up with is a patulous Eustachian tube, but again...

Last reply
  • Ear pain

8 yrs ago I had outer ear surgery from a piercing in the cartilage that became infected. They took out the infection and now has scar tissue due to the damaged cartilage that was removed. All has been well with my ear since. 4 days ago, I noticed pain. There is only pain when I put pressure on it. I’m...

Last reply
  • Keloid on my ear

8 years ago I had ear surgery on my cartilage from a very infected piercing. They lanced the ear, drained the infection and repaired my damaged cartilage and scar tissue formed over the damage resulting in a mild cauliflower ear.  I have ave had no issues since then up until 2 weeks ago. I noticed...

Posted
  • Fluid build up in one ear when I have elevated heart rate

Any time I’m working out doing any type of cardio when I a little hot and heart rate goes up my ear seems to have fluid on it. Everything is muffled and it’s uncomfortable to even talk. It doesn’t seem to be the heat alone because I’m in the heat at work everyday. Years back I did have a heat stroke...

Last reply
  • Ear Bleed from Chondrodermatitis Nodularis

I have had the nodule for a number of months. I understand there is no cure for this, but the problem is that pressure on the ear when sleeping nearly always causes bleeding from where the nodule meets the skin of the ear. ​You can understand my wife is none to pleased to see blood on the pillow! ​I...

Last reply
  • Undiagnosed dizziness, BPPV or acute labryinthitis?

Hi All, For about 5 weeks or so i've been feeling dizziness, mostly when i stand up/walking around, it last a few seconds and then passes, it hasn't gotten any worse, maybe there has been slight improvement but i have taken some medicine. I had seen a doctor and all bloods and other tests were...

Posted
  • Bad earaches for 2 months the cause is weird..

Both of my ears have been extremely painful, especially when  bending down. The pressure is unbearable. Went to a GP and he checked my ears and said they look fine. Must be Eustachian Tube problem. He gave me amoxicillin and steroid nose spray. It hasn't helped at all. He said it could be allergic ...

Posted
  • Constant inner ear itching at night doctor cant help(!)

Hi I'm a 36 year old male and had my ear wax removed via suction back in November 2017. Since then I've been having an itchy sensation from my left inner ear and it's driving me crazy. It really gets bad at night and really affects my sleep. Ive been to the doctor FIVE times who has...

Last reply
  • May 15 an surgery for ccsd

I got out if surgery in May 15th since rite out of surgery I can't hear from my left ear yet.... Iam worried because I had a similar surgery 2yrs. Back and head a lot loader then this surgery... Last surgery was a stapedectomy and this surgery is called "reinforment of round window" were...

Last reply
  • Woke up with odd "full" ear feeling and ringing?

I woke up today and my right ear felt very unusual. It feels as though it is blocked or full, as though there is a headphone in it. However, sound it picks up isn't really muffled, as it would be with impacted wax. Instead it just feels like it's blocked... There is also a type of...

Last reply
  • Cauliflower eat surgery

About 8 years ago I had a surgery done on my ear that was extremely infected(on my cartilage portion of the ear) they removed the infection and also removed the damaged cartilage as well.  All has been well with my ear for the past 8 years. About a day ago, I noticed my ear was kinda sore only...

Last reply
  • Eustachian tube blocked for 2 months now.

My eustachian tube has been blocked now for 2 months and shows no signs of getting better. I try everything I can to get relief but no luck. I have ringing,muffled hearing, sounds are amplified especially low sounds. Oh yes and I'm deaf in my other ear so this is really affecting my life. I have...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.