Skip to content

Ear Problems

Also known as Acoustic Neuroma, Deafness, Glue Ear, Hearing Disorders, Mastoiditis, Otitis Externa, Otitis Media

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Severe ear pain for 2 months

My 13 year old daughter had a sinus infection which took 3 antibiotics to sort out. Whilst she had the infection, she started having severe ear pain which is exacerbated at night. She literally screams with pain. It's been 5 weeks since the infection but the pain continues. She has seen a …

Last reply
  • Clear discharge and pain in ear

I have 2 flights, first flight in 26hrs time. My ear is throbbing, feeling very full (echo), buzzing sounds, clear discharge and pain. It has been like this for 6 hours. I flew 3 small flights 2 days ago which gave me huge headaches and blood in my nose, which still hasn't stopped bleeding ( …

Last reply
  • Multiple ear infections as a teenager. Why?

Hi! I'm 17 and this is my third ear infection this year. Last year I had two. And the year before I had one left untreated so bad it left me without much hearing in one of my ears for weeks. Obviously ear infections are common in younger kids, but I rarely ever hear of anyone else my age …

Last reply
  • Stapedectomy Experience (UK)

Hi everyone, I've just had a stapedectomy in my right ear and thought I would share my experience with others who may be considering this operation. I'll try and update this every couple of days, but feel free to ask any questions you might have in the meantime. I've really benefitted …

Last reply
  • Pain in left jaw,throat,ear,head any ideas

This has been going on a couple weeks I think.......but it started with si.e headaches.and what I thought was just molar pain.then I thought it was an ear infection.n ow it is all of these,including earache,jaw ache,throat pain in the back of my throat and headaxhe....all only on the left side...... …

Last reply
  • Blocked ears & Antibiotics

Hi.  Anyone know how long it takes for 3x500mg amoxicillin to unblock euchian ear tubes, on day 6 of 10 days & while pressure has eased a lot they’re still blocked & crackling but have not popped.  Still feeling dizzy every now & again which I’m told is because of the blocked …

Posted
  • Do I have mastoiditis? Constant pain :(

Hi Please can someone help me to find out what could be wrong with me as I feel I keep getting misdiagnosed. I was diagnosed supposedly with TMJ about 8 years ago and ive been taking various antidepressants as I was told that would help with the nerve damage in my face, it's never really helped …

Last reply
  • Ear Clogged after Sinus Infection

Two weeks ago I had a bad cold with chills and a fever that turned into a sinus and ear infection. The day I decided to go to the doctor I was experiencing severe sinus pressure. I moved my head in an awkward downward facing position and I felt liquid go into my ear. I tried shaking my head but it …

Last reply
  • Blocked ears causing dizziness

hi.  While on holidays a few weeks back I got a sinus infection.  Always getting them & got on with it.  One morning I was sitting on balcony & I felt like someone was after shaking me & I got so hot, like a hot flush.  It passed but frightened me.  Got flight …

Last reply
  • Rapid thumping sound in right ear

Hi for the last couple of months I have experienced a rapid thumping sound in might right ear, like a  very fast heart beat. it only seems to happen at night and is driving me mad. some nights it wakes me up At 3 or 4 in the morning. i have been to my GP and he is arranging for me to visit ENT …

Last reply
  • Ear clicking/popping

Ever since I took my first trip on a plane and learned how popped my ears it has been a constant thing I do. Some days I may not do it but most days I find myself popping and popping and popping until I feel actual anger towards myself for doing so. I have not been diagnosed with OCD or anything …

Posted
  • osteosclerosis of ear - stapedectomy

Hello As you know osteosclerosis of the middle ear is where the 3 bones fuse up and stop moving properly, and therefore the sound is not magnified as it should be. Has anyone found a way to free up the bones so that normal movement is restored, WITHOUT having any sort of operations? Thanks

Posted
  • Pain in the ear :(

I been having pain in my right side ear only the last 6 days    I noticed my pain started after taking loratadine for 20 days now for my allergies and sinus is working slowly but working but is giving me headache and my ear is hurt also my throat hurt I don’t know if it hurt es cause I …

Posted
  • Buzzing sound

Hello gentlemen’s, I had a ear surgery on 8 dec 2015. Till today i am fine 25 july 2018, almost more that 2+ year. Since couple of days i got a cold and due to which i feel very loud buzzing sound, which prevent me to listen properly. I feel like i landed on the same page where i am untreated with …

Last reply
  • Horrible ear problem

I have had this problem with my ears for about 8-9 years now (I'm 16) - I never thought much of it and it never bothered me that much when I was younger but it's starting to become more of a problem now. Basically, I feel like I constantly have pressure in my ears. If I take a very deep …

Last reply
  • Breathing and ringing in ears

This is my last hope of finding a solution. I've tried everything. My right ear has done this thing on and off ever since I can remember. My doctor thought it was due to swollen tonsils but the meds he gave me didn't help. The closest I can come up with is a patulous Eustachian tube, but …

Last reply
  • feeling of liquid in ear after head cold

I have a feeling of water in my ear for 2 ½ weeks now after having a head cold. Its more pronounced in my right ear. Does anyone know what medicine to use to clear it up? I tried swimmers ear and Sudafed PE Pressure + Pain + Mucus and it didn’t do any good.  

Last reply
  • Bump behind ear

Hi all, i went to an ENT on Monday concerning my tonsils which are both chronically enlarged. He noticed one tonsil was slightly bigger than the other and prescribed me antibiotics (amoxicillin). Ive noticed a slight decrease in the appearance of my tonsil but noticed the other day a small bump …

Last reply
  • Ear Infection and Head pressure

Hello,    I went to an ENT an was told I have an infection in the right EAR and in the throat. But he didn't tell anything about the head pressure which I get sometimes. Today I get a weird head pressure in the left temple of the head. I don't but I may have gotten Tinnitus …

Last reply
  • Ear Apple Cider Vinegar drops issue

The first couple times I did this it worked out very well. I did one part ACV with one part water. My ear is still wet inside from the last time I did this. When I first did it my ear would dry up in a day or two. But this time it's been a week and I still know there's wetness in there …

Posted
  • Ear Hearing problems and distortion fluctuations

Hi there, I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing this issue - about 5 months ago I woke up one morning with severe hearing loss in my right ear - specifically, the hearing loss was really around lower frequency noise (all low frequency noises have a real noticeable vibration and distortion …

Last reply
  • Mysterious ear troubles, any thoughts?

Hi everyone i have an issue with my ear, its been present for a while. Quick background: I do have tinnitus, I have no hearing loss, I have no fluid behind ears,  I have no earwax troubles,  I have times where i feel dizzy, but Lasts for seconds I have no damage to my ear, MRI scans are …

Posted
  • Sensation of lump in throat when I swollow

I'm not sure where to put this. It's nearly 4am and I'm up because of those issu I've been having since Saturday night. So Saturday I was eating dinner and I suddenly got a sharp pain in my mouth on the left side - under my tongue/my throat. That lasted a little while and then …

Last reply
  • Rapid beating in right ear ONLY

I am a 19 healthy female, underweight and currently experiencing a rapid beating in my right ear. This beating only occurs by certain triggers such as: • hiccups  • burping inside • going for a walk around my village (weird I know) However, sometimes this beating can be random. It mostly only …

Last reply
  • Dizziness/light headedness on most days

Hello everyone, I have been feeling dizzy/light headed on most days since 13/5/18 and sometimes it affects my throat/mouth. I struggle to swallow on an empty mouth. It feels as if my bottom jaw gets stuck. My mouth can get a bit dry at times as well. I had vertigo many years ago but it passed. …

Posted
  • Hi there, I had my stapedectomy operation done in Decem...

Hi there, I had my stapedectomy operation done in December 2006 and thought I'd share my experience with anyone who might be considering this operation and sprawling patient forums as I did. I was 60% deaf in my right ear and had early signs of otosclerosis in my left ear. I decided to go …

Last reply
  • Ear thumping on dog sounds.

So i don't know how it started. I have that dog that i put on the balcony of my room like 2 meters. away but its closed with a glass door. Anyway you know at night dogs bark and stuff. Recently i have had this symptom when i hear dogs bark at night i get that ear thumping thing. I searched the …

Posted
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.