Autophony with labrynthitis?? HELP

Posted , 1 user is following.

hi all wondering if anyone have got advice before I lose the will to live.

I've been recently diagnosed with Labyrinthitis by a GP. who didn't even look in my ear I must add.

I woke up one morning and my ear felt weird. I could hear my voice in my ear every time I spoke. didn't think much of it and it kind of diminished as they day went on but I felt a bit off. like I had an ear infection coming. That night I went to bed and I woke up that morning to the most loudest tinnitus ever ever had in that ear. it was actually worrying. I had ear fullness, loss of hearing and the autophony returned but this time it was extremely obvious and annoying may I add. I rang the doctor who said it sounds like Labyrinthitis because you got no pain and no drainage ( I have a hole in that ear drum) it didn't feel like a standard ear infection I have to be honest so I didn't question it. He prescribed Behistamines and said don't take them unless you really need to. I've had on off vertigo but nothing alarming. 4 days later the ringing is still there but not as loud, fullness isn't as bad and hearing seems somewhat normal but I have autophony and its the most stressing symptom out of it all. every time I talk its like I'm talking through my ear.

I'm.getting really concerned now because it's not going! I've requested to speak to my ENT doctor but I can't see him until 26th Feb and my A&E department don't have ENT doctors.

anyone know if this is normal, will it go ?! I can't see it being ETD when I have a hole in ear drum so there shouldn't be pressure.

I'm just so down with it I could cry. it's very debilitating! any advice would be great.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.