8 days after surgery .... no change in hearing still

Posted , 3 users are following.

hello everyone,

I did my surgery 8 days ago in my left ear. I felt dizzy for the first 4 days or so yet it was not too bad. there was pai especially at night. I had to continue taking pain killers for the first 5 days but after that the pain almost went away.

my worry is that i was so hopeful to experience the loud sounds after surgery. it did not happen. I removed the pack yesterday and still the hearing did not improve nor got worse.

My ear feels blocked and the heartbeat sound never stopped since I woke up from surgery till now. I removed the pack yesterday and also.did not notice an improvement. the dr. said it is because of all the fluids that needs to be absorbed/dry out

....... quite frankly I am getting more anxious and rather depressed that my OP did not go well.

my doctor told me right after surgery that there were no complications and that the surgery went well.

your feedback is so highly appreciated

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

What type of surgery was it? Was it to repair your eardrum etc? Your surgery was quite recent. Depending on the type of surgery, it can take weeks to months to completely heal.

• Posted

tariq i know its been a long while now have you fully recovered from the stapedectomy, how long did it take for the hearing to come back and how are you presently. did the surgeon have to reoperate and did you get any tinnitus?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.