Recurring outer ear infections

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, this is a two parter. I am 21 years old and suffer constantly with outer ear infections in my left ear. I recently had a ear infection that I was treated for, but now my ear canal is wet and has a thin layer of white puss around it all. my hearing in this ear has also been terrible since the infection and have a constant feeling of fullness. Here is a picture taken with a friends ear swab thing (i didn't grab any ear wax/puss out as I didn't want to upset the recently infected canal).image

Should I see a doctor/ent to clean this out? Leave it to itself? Or use them sterile water pump things you can buy? Any help would be appreciated πŸ˜ƒ

The second part is just any advice on these recurring ear infections, saw an ent and was just told to not get water in my ear unfortunately, which I don't. (no swimming, cotton wool in vaseline for showers etc) πŸ˜•

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi ben

i would recommend ent referral for micro suction to remove any debris.

over the counter Earcalm spray can also help to dry the ear canal.

i have suffered with recurring infection for almost 20 years.

the only advice i can give it to not insert anything into the ear canal, to keep it dry and to use ear calm or olive oil if the ear canal feels itchy.

• Posted

Hi how are you doing now?

Hopefully you got professional help considering you're still having problems. Don't try washing anything out yourself is my advice and DO NOT put anything in your ear like cotton buds.

All the best.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.