180mg of Mirtazapine and 600mg of Amisulpride won't get me too far, will it?

Posted , 7 users are following.

I'm feeling really down and anxious, and keep getting really strong urges to overdose. I keep thinking, the only way to make it all stop is to do this. I called my crisis team and they just said to watch tv, listen to music and read a book, but I can't do anything but focus on these suicidal thoughts. I feel like such a bad person for thinking like this too. I just want it all to stop sad 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Ring the crisis team back tell them that you feel this bad and you want help don't be fobbed off
  • Posted

Is there any friend or family member you can phone? Not to tell them how you're feeling necessarily but just to talk and take your mind off these thoughts. 

• Posted

Aw huni, ring them again, or the samaritans.... Or talk to us x
  • Posted

Amy. I promise you that the feelings are not real. Anxiety causes fight or flight and we go into tunnel vision. I have suffered for 30 years and no matter how much I have learnt I always get the same awful suicidal panics. Fight or flight mode shuts down all the logical parts of your brain because it wants u to focus on getting out of danger. The problem is that when we are in it, we don't know that oh part of our brain is working and we try to think ourselves better. We need someone or something to erasure us that it is not real. It's not you and it will pass. You will feel different later. A great help is ttp write yourself a note when u r feeling calmer later or tomorrow. Your brain will be working in a real ex state so logic will be back. Tell yourself that next time you feel this way that it is just biology of anxiety that feels so real at the time but is totally different when your body is calm. I have been very anxious lately and had suicidal thoughts. I totally understand your pain and hope that some of my words help u. Please be kind to yourself. There's also an app I downloaded from patient. Com that helps to change negative thoughts into resourceful ones. Check it out. It's very good. Always come here if u feel anxious or low. We're all here to help each other. Take care. Xxx
  • Posted

Hi amy, your not a bad person. Try hard to ignore the thoughts. Call someone or have a friend over. If its unbearable go to hospital. But you will overcome this. People would miss you. Do you have any pets? Cat or dog
  • Posted

Your not a bad person, it's just your mind playing tricks on you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.