18mm stone in left kidney,what should i do

Posted , 3 users are following.

18mm stone in left kidney at mid pole,age 29, no medical history,What should i do ESW or PCNL.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi. Are you based in U.K. or abroad. In the U.K. They normally use ESWL for stones under 12mm and above they use PCNL. I'm in UK and 18 months ago I had 2 sessions of ESWL for 2 stones 6mm and 10mm. Mine were mid and lower pole. Also depend how stones detected, CT scan is a precise guide on size rather than ultrasound.

• Posted

Saj, i am based in Indian Occupied Kashmir, Srinagar. What are side effects of ESWL
    • Posted

Theirs slight bruising if any, but it's generally safe. You can YouTube ESWL and see what the procedure involves.

• Posted

Sorry I have no idea what ESW or PCNL are.

Maybe I should find out!!

I have a huge kidney stone which is going to be removed at some point.

I really hope you are able to get rid of this stone either way.

Take care and keep in touch

Sarah

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.