19 and very worried about stomach cancer

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello I have had indegestion and naesua for a week straight this is accompanied by a complete loss of appetite sometimes its hard to eat food sometimes I feel tired and very sad.

Note this is my first time witg indegestion

I have been prescribed lansoprazole which has helped my heartburn but my naesua is still apparent and my appetite has been non existent

I always feel full

Now i have been dry heaving and im so worried that i have stomach cancer

Im waiting for my blood test next week but my anxiety is driving me crazy and i am so worried please help!

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

First remain calm.and think.positive it may not even be that it's sounds like diverticulitis my mother in law has that she feels full eats in small amounts vomits can't have a bowel movement and feeling sick I would get another opinion on your health issue. She will not even go and the rest come what there wanting her to do she said she is done she is tired we think it's cancer but we won't know till she goes and gets tested. I would just not worry about this just wait on your results and see what they tell you then go from there ok hope this what's your mind. I done already went threw 4 procedures this year and has half of my colon removed and doing great had it done 2 and a half months ago fast recovery.

• Posted

Thank you so much im thinking its something else than cancer as im not in any pain and i have not vomited once

Also congrats on your fast recovery I hope the best for you, you brave soul smile

• Posted

Did you try taking a few capsules of activated charcoal ?

That would solve spoiled food indigestion.

Activated Charcoal absorbs and neutralize a variety of toxins.

Did you try taking Pepto Bismol?

That could relieve you of other gastrointestinal ailments.

What do you think started all this ? What's your age.

Consider a test for parasites.

Good luck

• Posted

I have only taken the medicine prescribed to me

I think spicy food from an Indian takeaway may of started this and situational depression

I am 19 years old

Thank you

• Posted

hey there friend. first, take some deep breaths and try to relax. i think you’re going to be fine! there’s a lot of positives going for you. firstly, you are very young and stomach cancer is nearly unheard of in teenagers. your anxiety could be setting off your gastric problems. if you have problems controlling your worries, this will cause a lot of stress to your digestive system. looking into some therapy or anxiety medication might not be a bad idea. 

secondly, there are a million reasons to explain away your heartburn and nausea that are not cancer. most of the time these things are idiopathic, AKA, they just happen for no reason at all. you could have some common and treatable disorders like GERD/acid reflux, IBS/IBD or something similar. it could be entirely viral and will pass soon. there are other stomach conditions that can cause your pain that aren’t just cancer. there are many auto immune diseases that cause your symptoms but you have been experiencing this for such a short amount of time and only for the first time....I am willing to bet my bottom dollar you don’t even have an auto immune disease let alone cancer!

Take care and let us know the good news when your results come back. you will get through this!

• Posted

Thank you loads I was thinking that if this is my first time dealing with gastro problems it can't be that serious

Therapy has been booked but due to high demmand its booked for nov 5

Thank you for the reassurance it has calmed me down smile

• Posted

i’m so glad to hear you are feeling more calm smile i think therapy will help train your brain to be kinder to itself and not let it attack you so much each time there’s stress. you’re gonna get better both emotionally and physically, i promise. take care! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.