19 year old female constant tingle and need to pee often

Posted , 2 users are following.

Around christmas I had frequent urination and burning while peeing so I figured it was just a UTI or some irritaiton so I drank a lot of water and called the doctor. Then, it developed into 5 days of pelvic pain and my UTI culture came back negative. I still took a 3 day course of antibiotics but they didnt do much. after the 5 days of pain i had about 2 weeks of this pressure? in my pelvic region. I don't think it was exactly the feeling of peeing? But it felt like maybe if I peed it would feel better? But then I visited a urologist who said it was most likely a pelvic floor spasm and I could go to physical therapy if it doesnt get better. But strangely, the day after I saw the urologist it completly went away and stayed gone for about 10 days. I got a little too comfortable and worked out reallyyyy hard for about 3 days and my entire abdomen/glutes/body overall was super sore and when that soreness went away I realized I again felt the urge to pee. Theres also feels like a tingle down there maybe near the clit area? It burns a little when I press around the clitoris as well. I don't know what it is and why it came back does anyone have any suggestions? I am totally panicked.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

Hi,

Do you have any other symptoms such as s strong, persistent urge to urinate, burning sensation when urinating, passing frequent, small amounts of urine or pelvic pain?

If not then maybe the pelvic floor muscle spasm returned? It could possibly explain why you felt it again after exercise. Also this is nothing unusual. I suggest you talk again with your GP to discuss your problems and ask if physical therapy is still an option.

( Pelvic floor muscle spasm can also be associated with vaginal and bowel problems. Maybe, sometime in the past, you also experienced pain during intercourse as the same muscles can tighten the entrance to vagina and cause pain or discomfort and the partner is unable to penetrate as it is "too tight" and painful.

There can also be bowel problems such as constipation and incomplete bowel emptying ... )

• Posted

Interesting.. It did take me months and months of trying to get a tampon in and it used to hurt quiet a bit when I was in high school and even now sometimes I feel like I am just hitting a brick wall when I try. Now it's not assssss bad but occasionally idk why it's super hard to get anything in? A few years ago I had some stomach issues and for a few months I had recurrent need to poop like all the time which was weird too. Could that also point to pelvic floor spasm? I don't have burning sensation or small amounts of urine or anything but I do feel a slight urge to pee most of the time.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.