Skip to content

Urinary Symptoms and Problems

Also known as Bedwetting, Bladder Problems, Nocturia, Nocturnal Enuresis, Proteinuria, Retention of Urine

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Painful Burning Sensation In Urethra - No Uti Or Std - Female

I am a 21 year old female in the UK, and I have been suffering with a painful burning sensation which I believe to be coming from my urethra since September 2014. The pain comes and goes throughout the day, and it will be at its most intense after having urinated, and after sex. At its worst I struggle...

Last reply
  • Urnateing 3hrs apart

Hi my name is David I am 73 yrs old man I live alone, Now I try to drink enough water during the day like 3 litters  to keep the body lubed, So that means that during the day I urinate 3 hrs apart  And then again every 3 hrs on the dot at night  so WHY do I have to drink so much...

Posted
  • Anyone else share my symptoms??

I am a 43yr old British White Male in generally good health. There is no family history of any specific cancers. It started 6 weeks ago when all of a sudden i needed to pee a lot, i visited my GP who took a sample and did a dip stick test both negative). A week later with the symptoms not getting any...

Last reply
  • More questions than answers

I am a 33 year old female. Last year I started losing weight without trying. I am 4’11” and weighed 130 lbs. I went from 130 lbs to 90 lbs in just over 4 months. Within another couple months I dropped down to 80 lbs. I have had swollen lymph nodes, extreme weight loss, extreme fatigue, I constantly ache...

Posted
  • Anxiety cause excessive urination during the night?

Hi all I'm just hoping for an answer or some advice. Can anxiety cause excessive urination during the night even when I'm sleeping well (apart from getting up to pee) and I've been tested for diabetes and I'm clear. Amy advice is more than welcome. Thanks in advance.

Last reply
  • TURBT (bladder tumour)

Hi, I was hospitalised with kidney stones a couple of weeks ago. They did a CT of my kidneys and incidentally found a tumour on my bladder. I was taken in for a cystoscopy and I could see the tumour on screen. The urologist said he couldn’t take a biopsy, so I would need to go in for an urgent TURBT...

Last reply
  • Right side pain

I started having excruciating pain in my right side I've read so many stories about my pain I've gone to ER 3 times taken sonogram x 2 and CT scan x2 and they are doing a colonoscopy this Thursday and they are doing a Hida scan on Friday but until then I'm still in pain and tears are falling...

Last reply
  • Urinating problems for years

Female that's been having trouble voiding completely, it also starts and stops a few times until I feel I'm done. Dr says no infections. I'm in my forties with no children. Sometimes when I'm finished I immediately feel like I have to go again. Sometimes it is even hard to initiate urination....

Last reply
  • Low voids and health anxiety

Hi there, Can someone tell me if I am overthinking this because of my health anxiety or would anyone else be concerned. I got up at 7.30am this morning and had a wee, biggest of the day as usual. Had a 250ml cup of tea at 8.30am. Then about 250ml coffee at 11am. Then 250ml squash at approx 12.30pm....

Last reply
  • Weird urine problems

So for about 2 months now i´ve had some weird urine problems come and go. It started with frequent urination. I had weird pressure in my bladder but no pain. Then I noticed I was having dark urine. And then it was cloudy and looked almost milky. I would have to go to the bathroom right after I went...

Last reply
  • Bladder botox

I wonder if anyone has been through this experience for severe urge and stress incontinence?  This is the latest experiment I have been guinea pig for only for it to fail and having to return to A & E for emergency catheter after spending day injections put into my bladder and failing to pass...

Posted
  • Blood in urine

I've posted this elsewhere but maybe in the wrong place. I am a 71 yr old male. I peed blood today. Really scares me. Will make an appointment with a urologist tomorrow. Have no pain and no burning. I passed red blood today. The second time a large blood clot passed. Right now , no more blood but...

Last reply
  • Blood in urine but no infection and health anxiety

A couple of years ago, I was treated for what I thought was a urine infection.  However, no bacteria were ever found in the urine samples although there were traces of blood and leukocytes.  This went on for a few months.  The only thing that seemed to help was nitrofurantoin which I had...

Last reply
  • turp

had turp two months ago, still peeing to often. anyone have a similar problem?

Posted
  • Blood in urine 3 months, frequent UTI’s .. not always!

Hi. I’m 27 year old female. Past 3 months I’ve had blood in my urine, sometimes visible sometimes not, I’ve had frequent UTIs but not always, blood still showing on dip test though. GP have referred me to urology for a systoscopy. Was wondering if anyone else have had the same?

Last reply
  • Overactive bladder

I've had an overactive bladder for years, along with a prolapse bladder. I've tried everything.....meds, biofeedback, etc, etc. Had my urethra stretched a few years ago and this helped for a while. Just had a 12 week PTNS treatment and I was doing pretty well. After the 12 weeks Dr put...

Last reply
  • Me too

Alice, my situation is very similar though yours. Did you get a diagnosis?

Posted
  • Constant urge to urinate? Irritated bladder??

Almost every time I go pee right after I feel a strong urge to urinate again...sometimes the urge is so bad that I’m crossing my legs yet when I go back to pee only a few drops come out but my bladder still doesnt feel empty. I’ve had this problem for over a year prob almost 2, when I went to my dr about...

Last reply
  • Constant urge to pee

I pretty much constantly feel pressure and like I have to pee. If I hold it in a long time the urge is stronger but as soon as I go, the urge starts creeping up again. No burning. Seemingly no discoloration or smell, I've had this problem before which lasted maybe a year and then it gradually faded?...

Last reply
  • Painful sensation after urinating along with spotting in my urine

hi guys! i’m a little concerned about myself right now & don’t have the funds to go to a dr or er. about 2 days ago, i start having this AWFUL sensation after peeing. it feels like a really hard punch to the arm, but in my lady area. i’ve also started spotting while urinating & i’ve started seeing...

Posted
  • Pain after urination, not a UTI or STI

Hi, I'm a 20 year old woman with no other health problems. My issues first started when I was about 8 years old when there was blood in my urine and it hurt to go. I had a kidney infection which was treated and since then and the age of 16 I've had 2 or 3 UTI's which antibiotics have treated....

Last reply
  • Macrobid, Repat UTIs and Trouble with Foot Leg

I have repeat UTIs and take Macrobid as a prophylactic. I think it is good at preventing repeat UTIs but over time it makes problems with my foot and leg gradually worse. ​Has anyone else noticed this or know why this might be?    Neuropathy?

Posted
  • Frequent urination - Male

Hi All, i have been suffering from frequent urination and lower abdominal pain for almost 40 days now.   The problem started with pain in belly button and then slowly started feeling freuqnet urination.  for 1 week it was like i always feel the sensation every second and i couldn't...

Last reply
  • So confused

I’ve posted two recent threads about my troubles I’m having, for the past week I’ve been struggling to urinate and to update what’s happend I’ve seen 2 doctors and both said it’s nothing and it’s probably stress/anxiety which I’m having very badly. I’ve had a urine test and it’s all fine and the 2nd...

Last reply
  • Feel like I have to pee but can’t not.

I get the feeling I need to pee. However when I go to sit on the toilet I can’t relive myself. I want to pee but can’t. I sit there and try to relax but nothing comes out. The only way I can actually pee is in a hot shower. Urinating is a natural thing. So I don’t understand why out of nowhere I can’t...

Posted
  • Suprapubic Catherer

I have had the catherer surgery in November 2017. The surgery and recovery has been without any problems. I have been changing the catheter at monthly intervals with no problems. The only problem I am encountering is I have sporadic pain in my penis. I have this sensation like I need to urinate but no...

Posted
  • feeling like i really need to pee but cant

this happened to me today. i mean im still in my teen years but today i felt it after lunch , like ive been holding in my pee for around 2hrs that feeling. but hardly anything came out. afterwards i was ok and i had an intense dance lesson , right before it i felt it again but i was completely fine during...

Posted
  • Unable to pee but no UTI? (15 yr Female)

About 5 days ago i had sex with a male for the first time in 7 months. He used protection but didn’t come because i had to make him stop because it hurt because i had to pee really bad before. when i got home i tried peeing and remember that not that much came out and it was kind of foggy too. i didn’t...

Last reply
  • Urinating problems

I made a post last week but I feel this needs to be under a new thread topic  My doctor thinks I have IBS (I’m 16) and I’m getting a blood test in a few weeks however I’ve been struggling to urinate, sometimes I can go but not Much will come out or sometimes I can’t at all and then 5 minutes later...

Last reply
  • Depressed for 2 weeks because if hematuria.

Microscopic blood showed up on 3 urine test. I am referred to a urologist. Scared to death of cys oscopy and CT scan. I am so afraid of it being something serious. No pain no infection microscopic urine good but lots of rbcs.

Last reply
  • Nitrites but no UTI

I am a 32 year old woman. I have noticed for the last 3 months my urine has been smelly in the morning and thought nothing of it. Then the stinging began, so I drank lots of water which fixed the problem however, my first morning urine is still smelly and always has Nitrites in it! The doctor has lab...

Last reply
  • I have involutary urination since 5 months

I am a 20 years old girl and i have been experiencing involuntary urination immediately after i urinate completely. This is happening since 5-6 months. Immediately after i finish urinating completely, i see a few drops of urine on my underwear. That is very uncomfortable. Doctors could not find the cause....

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.