Skip to content
Ad

Urinary Symptoms and Problems

Also known as Bedwetting, Bladder Problems, Nocturia, Proteinuria, Retention of Urine

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Big variation in urination void amounts.

Not been here lately but thought I would just mention this. Usually during any day I drink approx 1500ml. Yesterday I had only drank 750ml by 2.30pm and had a wee at 3pm and it was 400ml. (Yes I measure my voids now and again but yesterday was the first time in ages I had done so).That's a lot...

Posted
  • Tvt

Hi has anyone had problems after having tvt . I had mine done in July 2017 still got problems and still had to have catheters in.has anyone else had similar on going problems.

Posted
  • Constant urge to pee

I pretty much constantly feel pressure and like I have to pee. If I hold it in a long time the urge is stronger but as soon as I go, the urge starts creeping up again. No burning. Seemingly no discoloration or smell, I've had this problem before which lasted maybe a year and then it gradually faded?...

Last reply
  • Scared

Hi I thought I would share my story. I'm 43 years old and 4 months ago had a full hysterectomy due to extensive endometriosis, cysts, fibroids etc. Now 4 months on I rushed to a&e Friday night with severe lower back pain which was worse than labour (Ive had 2 children). After being given painkillers...

Last reply
  • New pain experienced in lower back, especially the right side.

I have been experiencing problems with passing urine (both increased frequency and recurrent UTIs). I have been taking Lithium for a several years now and just found out it has caused me impaired renal function which  makes sense when I have had my bladder retaining urine for around a year now....

Posted
  • Bladder always full

Hi my bladder is always full even after I urinate. I've had a couple of cystoscopies and the urologist says I have moderate BPH. He did not think a Turp would solve my issue, as he feels the issue is more bladder related. Although he did not offer any suggestions for the cause or a fix. I was referred...

Last reply
  • Swimming with a catheter

Hi everyone, I am looking for some help for my dad. He has a suprapubic catheter and currently uses a leg drainage bag. He is going on holiday soon and is anixious at the thought of wearing shorts or going swimming with a leg bag. I have been searching the web to see if there is anything more discreet...

Last reply
  • Anterior repair for a bladder prolapse

Hi I have just had an anterior repair for a bladder prolapse on the 6th November I have been taking things easy not doing anything strenuous and resting. I have taken a look down there and I can still see the bulge in the opening of my vagina is this normal I'm worried the operation hasn't worked...

Posted
  • Decreased urge to pee!

For the past 2 and a half weeks my urge to pee is very minimal. I drink 4 bottles of water a day which equals 2 litres a day. The urge to pee only lasts a few seconds and it goes away and it's not even a strong like it was before. And if I move or stand up the urge goes away as well. I never have...

Last reply
  • Pain when I pee (NOT UTI!) Help?

Hello, I have had problems in my urinary tract since the age of 15 and I'm 21 now. I have a burning pain when I pee due to a past infection which lead to a special cell type growth in the urinary tract. In my journal online, the Urologist wrote that I have squamous metaplasia in the urothelium. ...

Last reply
  • Blood in urine but no infection and health anxiety

A couple of years ago, I was treated for what I thought was a urine infection.  However, no bacteria were ever found in the urine samples although there were traces of blood and leukocytes.  This went on for a few months.  The only thing that seemed to help was nitrofurantoin which I had...

Last reply
  • WHITE BLOOD CELLS BUT NO INFECTION

My first MSU was reported as contaminated and had to be repeated. My second test showed no infection but there were white blood cells present which is not the first time. I am due to have a cystoscooy on Monday but I want to cancel it because I think white blood cells in my urine without infection means...

Last reply
  • Scared....Blood in urine

I am frightened. I went to pee the other day it was the color of maple syrup. I saw my dr. and she gave me a urine test. It was loaded with blood, no bacteria. She sent it for a culture. It came back negative for infection. I was having pain in my urethra so I went to hosptial. They did blood work, another...

Last reply
  • UTI symptoms for 6 years, but no UTI.

i don't usually like posting on forums, since i'm the type of person to always firstly say, 'see a doctor'; but i realize that isn't always the top option.  since i was 12 years old, i've had symptoms of a severe UTI but with no UTI. the last 'UTI' i had occurred...

Last reply
  • Blood in urine

Please help me, I'm actually going out of my mind. I have severe health anxiety anyway but have recently noticed that my urine has been fairly orange. So I bought some dipsticks from online and tested over 2 days every one came back as positive for blood. Yesterday I went to the urgent care at the...

Last reply
  • Overactive bladder

I've had an overactive bladder for years, along with a prolapse bladder. I've tried everything.....meds, biofeedback, etc, etc. Had my urethra stretched a few years ago and this helped for a while. Just had a 12 week PTNS treatment and I was doing pretty well. After the 12 weeks Dr put...

Last reply
  • Fibroids causing bladder pressure?

I've had pressure on my bladder for years now. I've been through all of the urological tests and they are always normal. A scan revealed large fibroids that made my uterus = to an 18-week pregnancy. One doctor said a fibroid was causing my urethra to kink, which led to urinary retention. I had...

Last reply
  • Orange urine among other symptoms

So, I have been having a few problems the last two weeks, thought I had a yeast infection so took Monistat twice, but the symptoms persist. I have no clue what this is and am asking for help.      I am trying to avoid going to the doctor unless absolutely needed. I...

Last reply
  • Strange sensation to pass urine

hello,  For the last week had the feeling of needing to pass urine a lot more than usual and like pressure some where inside me , that's the only way I can describe it , really weird no pain or burning !! Which makes me think that there is no infection ?? Anyone on here have had the same problem...

Last reply
  • Painful Burning Sensation In Urethra - No Uti Or Std - Female

I am a 21 year old female in the UK, and I have been suffering with a painful burning sensation which I believe to be coming from my urethra since September 2014. The pain comes and goes throughout the day, and it will be at its most intense after having urinated, and after sex. At its worst I struggle...

Last reply
  • Blood in Urine

Has anyone on here ever had blood loss with a UTI. I noticed fresh blood on my bed sheets in the morning and on a panty liner as well as in the loo.I have had a blood test for ovarian cancer and urine sample tested, which have all come back normal. I have not experienced any pain apart from a dull ache...

Last reply
  • burning in the urethra

HI I have been using an intermittent catheter 4/5 times daily for the past 25 years without to much grief apart from the usual UTI's  In the past 6 months I have been unable to pee before I use the catheter as I normally would to clear the urethra of any bacteria. and when I pass my catheter...

Last reply
  • Recurring cystitis or UTI. Severe anxiety!

I suffered from kidney stones back in March. Every since then, almost every month, I've had some sort of recurring cystitis or UTI/urge to pee. It seems like it has been constant. I am so panicky and anxiety ridden about this. I feel like I have some sinister disease or it's going to end up...

Last reply
  • Red stringy bits/like tissue in urine

For the past few days I have noticed that I am passing red stringy/tissue like clots in my urine, (I don't know how to describe it) the doc said I had yesterday evening that my urine looked like if been starving myself and she urged me to eat ASAP. but had it checked today was fine. I am not diabetic....

Last reply
  • Mr Randal

I had gl surgery to be able to pee I pee twice a weak stream since than I unplug my catheter in my stomach is this normal my surgery was two weeks ago

Last reply
  • Could i have a overactive bladder?

For a while now ive had a weak bladder, ive been getting up 3 or 4 times a night for a pee, i always need toilet when im out and sometimes i try and get to the toilet quickly and actually pee myself a little before i get there, was wondering if anyone have had this problem??.

Last reply
  • Acute Urinary Retention

Hello, I had an accident where I fell backwards from a height of 6 feet, I landed on my right side/bottom/right wrist, I was taken to hospital with a broken wrist, lower back pain, neck pain, Mri showed nothing wrong with my spine, I had acute urinary retention and was catheterized, No one seems...

Last reply
  • Constant urge to wee

Hi, I'm 22 and I have always had trouble with urinary infections, last year I got a very bad urinary infection was treated with antibiotics but it never really went completely away. I had a faint sensation of needing to pee all the time for about 6 months and it suddenly faded one day. I went 6 months...

Last reply
  • feeling helpless!

i really hope someone has a similar situation to myself, i feel so lost and helpless.  i am a 26 year old female, with constant urges to go to the toilet all the time, especially at night in bed. it wakes me up and when i go hardly anything comes out. this began around two years ago in australia....

Last reply
  • Supra Pubic Cateter

Hi, I’m looking for some advice on a supra pubic catheter. I have a spinal injury 5 years ago and following surgery they damaged the secral nerve and I have a atonic bladder, I have been self catherterising since. Considering I was 34 at the time I felt I managed this fairly well, but even though I kept...

Posted
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.