Skip to content

Urinary Symptoms and Problems

Also known as Bedwetting, Bladder Problems, Nocturia, Nocturnal Enuresis, Proteinuria, Retention of Urine

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • I think I have a problem.

Iv just went for a wee as I was desperate and in mid flow it just stoped and couldn't finish iv had a big drink to see if it helps but just a bit worried.

Last reply
  • Burning urethra, no UTI symptoms

Hi, i'm 19 years old female. I have some uncomfortable conditions for a month and half right now. I have UTI before and the symptoms are all gone except the slight burning in my urethra, it doesn't burn only when my urine is water clear. I went to doctor before and she told me i have uti and...

Last reply
  • Constant urge to pee

I pretty much constantly feel pressure and like I have to pee. If I hold it in a long time the urge is stronger but as soon as I go, the urge starts creeping up again. No burning. Seemingly no discoloration or smell, I've had this problem before which lasted maybe a year and then it gradually faded?...

Last reply
  • Blood in urine

Every month on exactly the same day, I have blood in my urine. It happens every month!  Then it goes away until next month!  I’m a 69 year old female! 

Posted
  • Overactive bladder

I've had an overactive bladder for years, along with a prolapse bladder. I've tried everything.....meds, biofeedback, etc, etc. Had my urethra stretched a few years ago and this helped for a while. Just had a 12 week PTNS treatment and I was doing pretty well. After the 12 weeks Dr put...

Last reply
  • Red stringy bits/like tissue in urine

For the past few days I have noticed that I am passing red stringy/tissue like clots in my urine, (I don't know how to describe it) the doc said I had yesterday evening that my urine looked like if been starving myself and she urged me to eat ASAP. but had it checked today was fine. I am not diabetic....

Last reply
  • Running back and forth to bathroom

I have been having the problem of running back and forth to the bathroom to pee from 4 to 5 times at night. I've had a test done where the doctor ran some water in my penis while looking through this camera. I was unable to contain the water so they will be doing this other test in order to decide...

Last reply
  • Uti

I have been battling a uti for almost a month now. I'm really getting nervous as to why the infection won't go away.  I was on macrobid..Didn't work..Turned me to keflex. Didn't work. Now the doctor out me back in macrobid for 3 days 2x a day followed by one a day for 6 weeks . I...

Last reply
  • Pls guys reply me soon

Hello everyone, Me and my girlfriend are 19 age ,we had sex on past wednesday,and the problem is she is aying me that she often gets sensation of urinete but if she go to the restroom it just comes by drops...can someone help me by telling what's the problem...pls guys

Last reply
  • Blood in urine for over 4months

I didn't think it was such a big deal at first. After I finish urinating a couple of slightly red drops came out and there was no pain at all. Over time there were more drops and they become much redder.i went to the Dr and they tested my urine they did a dip stick test and said there was no protein...

Last reply
  • Blood in urine 3 months, frequent UTI’s .. not always!

Hi. I’m 27 year old female. Past 3 months I’ve had blood in my urine, sometimes visible sometimes not, I’ve had frequent UTIs but not always, blood still showing on dip test though. GP have referred me to urology for a systoscopy. Was wondering if anyone else have had the same?

Last reply
  • Painful Burning Sensation In Urethra - No Uti Or Std - Female

I am a 21 year old female in the UK, and I have been suffering with a painful burning sensation which I believe to be coming from my urethra since September 2014. The pain comes and goes throughout the day, and it will be at its most intense after having urinated, and after sex. At its worst I struggle...

Last reply
  • UTI doesn’t seem to be going away

Hi guys, so recently I thought myself to have a UTI as I have a past with them and know what the symptoms are. I gave it 2 days and it got worse, so worse that I had to miss a day from college while my dad took me to ER where they tested my urine and prescribed me the antibiotics nitrofurantoin for 3...

Last reply
  • Blood in urine

I had been admitted twice in the hospital for having blood in urine, the second time had cystoscopy done , which showed prostate mucosa hyperemic and bleeds on touch, urinary bladder grossly mucosa hypermia , on going cystic, CT scan did not reveal any thing, currently on antibiotic for 8 days but...

Posted
  • Bladder infection/irritation after intercourse

Hey everybody.  So me and my girlfriend recently started having sex. It was her first time, not mine.  The first 2 times, she didn't have any issues. We didn't overdo it, left a few days in between (I was on vacation) and there were no problems.  Afterwards however, she started...

Last reply
  • I have a serious peeing issue and it’s making me depressed

It all started 5-6 months ago. I went to use the bathroom and my pee lasted a while. There was a normal stream and then I kept dripping for almost 10 mins. It got increasingly worse. Eventually I was standing over the toilet for 30 to 40 minutes. And sometimes during those spands of time the pee...

Last reply
  • Urine problems with no infection

I started having classic water infection symptoms around the 22nd of September. Very frequent need to go, and very urgent need to go. Dark orange colour (think Sainsburys bag) with a slight odour. I was on holiday at the time so obviously couldn't visit a doctor. Around the 1st of October, the symptoms...

Last reply
  • Catheter valves

I have had foley catheters using the large bag for collection for some time now. I asked my urologist about using a catheter valve such as the flip flo instead of using a collection bag. I am worried that using the straight drainage system into the bag will cause the bladder to lose tone and I will not...

Last reply
  • My bladder is driving me crazy!

Hi, For officially about 2 weeks now, I have been experiencing some issues with my bladder that I am truly puzzled over! I got home from my college class one day and I had to urinate. So, I did. I was able to normally and my pee was clear.  After I went though, I felt this uncomfortable sensation...

Last reply
  • Payronies desease

Can Payronies be caused by intermittent catheterisation? I have to self cathetrise up to five times a day. Anyone with simiy experience?

Last reply
  • Self cath’ing for edema associated with heart disease

I have 2 heart attacks in 4 years.  I have done very well overcoming, the worst symptoms and lived a normal life until this year.  I am on none of the typical drugs and I could go on & on here sharing my knowledge but I am in a crisis as to a being 25 lbs overweight from edema I have...

Posted
  • Sudden bifurcation of urine and itchy urethra

Hello, I'm 31 years old male. I'm posting here because maybe i can find answers. Around a year ago, I suddenly while sitting infront of the pc started to feel pain in the left testicle. I remember vaguely it happened after I masturbated like 3 times in a day or after i slept with my wife when...

Last reply
  • Suprapubic Catherer

I have had the catherer surgery in November 2017. The surgery and recovery has been without any problems. I have been changing the catheter at monthly intervals with no problems. The only problem I am encountering is I have sporadic pain in my penis. I have this sensation like I need to urinate but no...

Last reply
  • Previous experience with Urethral Stricture

Hey everyone, 2 years ago i suffered Urethral Stricture, which is an obstruction to the path of the urine accompanied with burning and of course slow urine flow. i had to had a surgery, because the obstruction length was very very long, that they had to take some tissues from my mouth to fix it,...

Last reply
  • continuing erratic symptoms

I was on this forum earlier this year with LUTS concerns and unfortunately some of the same symptoms have re-surfaced.  So since around November, I started sleeping poorly, waking up anywhere between 2am and 5am and sometimes finding it difficult to go back to sleep.  In December, and only...

Posted
  • I've had pressure on my bladder for 14 months, help?!

In July 2013 I had cystitis for three weeks, the hospital gave me 7 days of trimethoprim and sent me home. After finishing the course, the burning etc had gone but I still felt a slight pressure making me feel like I needed to urinate all the time. This feeling stayed with me day and night for three...

Last reply
  • Weird urine problems

So for about 2 months now i´ve had some weird urine problems come and go. It started with frequent urination. I had weird pressure in my bladder but no pain. Then I noticed I was having dark urine. And then it was cloudy and looked almost milky. I would have to go to the bathroom right after I went...

Last reply
  • Burning Bladder but not when peeing.

Hi all, I have been on the Prostate forum for a couple of months as i have an enlarged Prostate and people there have been fantastically helpful . Last week though i developed what i thought was a UTI that i got a very severe burning where the bladder is.Got so bad had to seek medical advice and say...

Last reply
  • 71 ur old male. Had prostate surgery on M2, 2018.

The day after surgery for BPH , the catheter was removed. Too much blood , so the catheter was put back. Took r5 minutes of extreme pain to get it back in. Now , 1 month later I can barely per. No more blood but a very weak stream. Worse than before the surgery. Also per is very foamy every morning which...

Last reply
  • High nitrites but low leukocytes in urine

I've had a recurrent urine infection for years now, and in dipstick tests at home it comes back as high in nitrites but low in leukocytes. My urine is definitely cloudy and smells very horrible! I don't have much other symptoms though. pH is quite low, and apparently this can destroy leukocytes......

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.