Post UTI Bladder irritation

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, this July I had UTI for several weeks it is now gone. As soon as UTI was gone I tried eatting

Lemon and felt that my bladder was very irritated. I noticed that even milkshakes and chocolate was irritating it. Now I can drink milkshakes and eat certain types of chocolate, but still can't eat foods that are very acidic. I started drinking marshmallow root and couch grass tea. Do you guys know if it is normal for the irritation to last for so long (I only feel it if I eat something acidic). What should I expect?

Thanks.

1 like, 27 replies

27 Replies

Next
  • Posted

By the way, I am a male, if that changes anything.

Thanks.

• Posted

For UTI - yes, various antibiotics. For irritation - no, I can't see how they can be helpful for irritation.

• Posted

Is this normal and how long does it usually take?
  • Posted

After a UTI the bladder and urethra can be very sensitive to any citrus fruit or juice,as you have found out. The other irritant can be red wine.   Its a case of keeping off anything that brings on the irritation and these things can be unique to you so its a case of  trial and error.    Sufferers often find that very spicy food can irritate but its up to you. 

You probably are aware that UTIs in males are considered more serious than in females so if you get another UTI  dont hesitate to get antibiotics straightaway. Drink plenty at all times. 

• Posted

I should not get another UTI since I got the first and my only one only because I was very dehydrated in the summer, it was very hot here, did not have an AC, did not drink enough water. But I do have an AC now and will be careful in the summer.

Do you know for how long this irritation usually lasts? I have read that scientists did experiments with mice and it after 10 months there was a significant improvement in the bladder wall.

• Posted

So how long does it normally take to recover after a bad UTI for a male? When the irritation (when eating acidic foods) will stop?
  • Posted

I have the same issue though mine was E. coli infection which cause uthertis. Been going on for 2 months now.... I have no idea how long it takes to calm down but it’s god damn depressing.

I know what you are going through and it’s sucks. 

• Posted

I believe mine was E. Coli too, I don't think it was something else.

Do you have an actual urethritis ir just an irritation? Do you have any info on how long does the irritation usually last for males after uti? Would really like to know that. Thanks.

• Edited

smile
    • Posted

So here’s an interesting bit. The test I had was a false postive . E. coli can show up due to contamination. Turns out it was an STI which isn’t tested for much - mycroplasma. The incompetence is beyond belief.

My suggestion to anyone reading is this

1) do culture urine tests 2-3 times (remember these only test for a limited band of infections)

2) do a full scale sTI check 2-3 times. Remember clamidyia, mycroplasm m, eurplasma etc cause similar symptoms to a UTI

My first sTI test came back negative, second positive. Like wtf? I tested positive for E. coli originally and was been treated for an infection I never even had!!!!

3 months of horrible anxiety and feeling like utter crap because 8 doctors were to lazy to do the right test or examine me properly.

• Posted

Tim I recommend doing every test again. Clearly from my experience it might take 2-3 tests to actually find the cause. Do blood tests too, whatever it takes. Don’t assume the doctors know what they are doing because I had to read medical journals and self diagnose myself ....and I got it right.

A f*cking disgrace if you ask me.

• Edited

No, I am not sexually active and it was a UTI. I do not have any pain anymore, just the irritation (especially if eating something acidic, like taking supplements with vitamin C or taking certain chocolate brands). For example, I can always eat kinder bueno, but not Nestle "Crunch" chocolate. James, I have a completely different thing, just a urinary track irritation, still would like to know when it is going to be gone though. It is nothing major, but psychologically would be better.

• Posted

Hi Guys,

So I've had a UTI last May and it kept coming back after antibiotics. IT was only until LAst month that i found out I had STI ureaplasma urealyticum (not so common UTI) from unprotected sex in April, and I've been treated for it but i am still doing tests to make sure it is completely gone, but i had prostatitis as a result of prolongues infection and the prostatic fluid test showed Klebsiella Spp bacteria and it was resistant to almost all known antibiotics except for Carbapenems and Aminoglycocides. I took 5 IM shots of Ertapenem for that. Luckily, my prostate did not grow in size, just got inflamed. All urine and semen culture tests gave negative before and even now. i have pulsating pains in my bladder and pelvic area that come and go. Just like Tim, my glans had some parts turn white and i tried all sorts of anti-bacterial, anti-fungal or corticosteroid creams and nothing helped my urethra opening (meatus) is hurting me from any friction with boxers or when even touched. The only antibiotic who treated this problem was Septra DS, but it kept coming back I guess because of the Ureaplasma infection.

James, what did you take for your Mycoplasma infection? Did your symptoms clear out?

I need some help here guys. I am freaking out and i feel so desperate that i'm never going to heal 100% like before.

Tim, did your glans color change back to normal? What did you do?

• Posted

Another strange thing, once I have used this supplement which claims to helo with bladder irritation, after a few days I started getting a urinary track irritation (not bladder but UT), also started seing some pus in the urine, even though I already stopped taking it. What did this supplement do?

Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.