Post UTI Bladder irritation

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, this July I had UTI for several weeks it is now gone. As soon as UTI was gone I tried eatting

Lemon and felt that my bladder was very irritated. I noticed that even milkshakes and chocolate was irritating it. Now I can drink milkshakes and eat certain types of chocolate, but still can't eat foods that are very acidic. I started drinking marshmallow root and couch grass tea. Do you guys know if it is normal for the irritation to last for so long (I only feel it if I eat something acidic). What should I expect?

Thanks.

1 like, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

The supplement you were taking was based on Homeopathic ingredients and often the effect of these supplements do only last for a short while. Homeopathy treatment needs to be very finely balanced according to your symptoms,by a qualified Homeopath,although sometimes OTC treatments can be helpful.

As you have discovered some foods will irritate so you should avoid these.

Also can I suggest you buy some urine testing strips for pH and also for infection.  They will help you to spot an infection as it starts. You can buy them online.  Try different foods to see if the pH changes and whether that helps the irritation.  Below 7 is acidic, 7 is neutral and above7 is alkaline.

If this continues and you dont identify an infection you should be referred to a urologist for further investigations. Continued irritation like this can be caused by a narrow urethra which in turn tends to be a trigger for infections.

Some people drink cranberry juice as much as possible with good results,and also take probiotic drinks or supplements.

Urethral irritation is a problem for many people men and women alike and often there is not an easy answer.

• Posted

Because I stopped taking that supplement now I back to where I was before I have started taking it, and do not feel anything unless I eat something very acidic. Because I started seeing white pus in my urine and still see it, I think what happened is this supplement made my body to start dealing with my inflammed urinary tract/bladder. I thought that it was just irritation at first, butmaybe it is a post uti inflamation which is healing more quicker because of that supplement (that extra irritation was probably because of cranberry which is one of the ingriedients). Extra pus in urine means that the body is dealing with the inflamation. I am making sense right?
  • Posted

It has been almost a year. I do not feel anything unless I eat a pineapple (don't feel anything with orrange juice), with pinapple I feel a very slight and short irritation. Or if I try to masturbate, after the first or several times - I would feel the irritation for 20-60 minutes or so (it used to be 6-24 hours about 5-6 months ago. Why is the healing so slow and how can I speed it up?

• Posted

Hi Tim. I’ve been cured of my infection but suffer similar issues. I think what many men suffer after these sort of infections is a condition known as “prostatis”. It takes many many months to heal by all accounts so we just need to sit tight. I see have irritation in my uretha, but it seems to be improving month by month (at a frustratingly slow rate). I don’t have any really good answers except I find alcohol triggers a flare up for me...
    • Posted

I think what I have is an inflammed urinary tract which has healed but not completely, so it is probably still healing. I sometimes see some white puss in urine, but rarely (but when I do, it is very noticable, not sure what triggers this). James, did you have a uti or something else?
    • Posted

I have just noticed your previous comment

. So do you only have a sensitive urethra or is your urinary tract/bladder also sensitive when you eat something very acidic? What did doctor tell you?

• Posted

I have an idea, maybe I need an anti-inflammatory supplement/medicine? What kind though?
  • Posted

Yes for me it’s just a very sensitive uretha which gets irritated very easily. My bladder is fine.

I would suggest anti inflammatories may help but you need to see the right doctor to make that decision. If there is no infection just post infection issues then they will help.

I’d also explore the angle of an infection in your prostate which you’ll need a seamen sample done for and perhaps another urine culture?

Sounds like you are healing slowly like me it just takes forever and ever in this part of the body. I can assure you, you are not alone!

Also remember when we both started this thread we have both made a lot of progress so I think that’s reassuring and hopefully it’s reassuring for anyone reading. Slow progress but progress none the less

• Posted

A question. Are you circumsised or not? And when you had uti, did you notice a colour change on your penis? Since when my uti started, the first thing I saw was that penis under the foreskin was quite white. It is not so white anymore and an urogilist did not thing that it was a big deal (when I had a visit him I did not have uti anymore, only irritation and then whiteness was not that white). That colour has improved now, but you can still see the difference if you look really closely. Did you have this? I think this hadls something to do with ut/bladder inflammation and once it is gone - the colour is back?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.