I have am just finished a 7day course of antibiotics for a UTI, where blood was also found in urine.

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have am just finished a 7day course of antibiotics for a UTI, where blood was also found in urine. I have used test strips to check a urine sample after finishing the antibiotics and although the urine appears clear the result is indicating traces of blood. should this not have disappeared after treatment, do i need further antibiotics?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Edited

Hi, you probably need a cystoscopy to see if anything untoward in your bladder. I had cystitis on and off for ages and when a urine sample was taken a small amount of blood was detected. The cystoscopy showed I had a small tumour on my bladder. Bladder cancer, I am told, is one of the 'best' to have as it is easily treated - it is removed by using a cystoscope and only BCG treatment afterwards to stop any more growing. So no big operation, cutting or stitches. Maybe you should ask fora cystoscopy to be on the safe side. Good Luck. J

• Posted

spoke to my doctor and have had urine tested and there is no trace of blood now. i hope this is the issue resolved.

• Edited

Hi Alan, so pleased for you and hope all continues to be ok and good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.