Overactive bladder/IC/Cytoscopy help

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi all, i need some help. I have had bladder issues for a while now but at present i believe im in a flare. i have a strange feeling after urination that is painful it makes me feel like i have a uti but my urine is dipping clear. i have like a nipping at the end of urination. the only way i can describe it is i can feel my bladder constantly. i cant drink coffee or orange juice as this increases the amount of times i need yo go and the pain that i get after urination. i have been told i need a cytoscopy but i sm unsure as i havent spoken to a urologist ive just been told i am getting this, my gp put me on oxybutnin which has helped to some extend i still have the pressure. please help i am 27

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi, you sound as though you may have Interstitial Cystitis. This is never detected by urine samples - the results always come back as negative. The only way to find out what is happening is to have a cystoscopy. I have IC and it is very similar to UTI. I am always in pain when I urinate and have to visit the loo every 45 mins day and night so I know how you feel. The sooner you see a Urologist for the cystoscopy the better so treatment can be started. Good Luck.
    J

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.