Miserable Please Help - Reoccuring UTI, Blood in Urine, Back Pain and Flank Pain - Bladder Cancer?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have had on/off UTI for many years now, every time I do a urine test I get told there's blood in my urine and I get put on a course of antibiotics but it never seems to clear it away but I learned to accept it because GP's and doctors tell me it's normal and nothing to worry about,

I am having another episode but this time I can see visible blood in my urine and was told it's just another UTI and was put on another course of antibiotics.

There is a burning sensation whenever I pee and it is still there even without peeing. My lower back and right side is in pain too, I am feeling miserable and depressed as when I type in blood in urine bladder cancer keeps popping up and back pain is the advanced stage - why did I have to succumb myself to Dr Google....or even why did I not google it sooner to get to the bottom of it

Does anyone have similar symptoms and what was your diagnosis?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

This is not right you need to have further investigations. Lower back pain may mean you have a kidney infection. Dont think about cancer. I can understand your feelings and how low you must be. I wonder which antibiotic you have been given? Keep taking the antibiotics you have been given and drink lots of water. If this persists you may need a cystoscopy or even a scan. Dont give up. Keep pestering your doctor. Only those who have suffered like this know how much horrible debilitating pain it causes.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.