Burning urine for 3 months, no causes yet

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone,

So ill do a timeline for everyone:

Mid Jan I had UTI symptoms, ive had UTIs many times before so I know the symptoms. I called the docs to say ive got one and got given antibiotics. These then didnt work, so I went back in face to face a week later and had a urine test which came back positive and got even another set of antibiotics.

Once I had finished these antibiotics, on the last day even, I had one day with no symptoms and thought (yay its gone, good riddance). A day after this the symptoms started up again. So i went to the doctors and they said my urinary tract could just be irritated and to leave it a week and return if there are still problems.

A week later I returned, this time it also accompanied an ache in my lower back, and abdomen. The doctor did another urine sample and it was negative for a UTI. We then did STI tests and a blood test and even sent my urine sample off for checks.

About two weeks later everything came back negative. So its not a kidney infection as the blood tests confirmed and not an STI or UTI. So we decided that its time for some other tests, an ultra sound.

Meanwhile through all of this I still have pains and burning when I wee, I would say about 80% of the time when I wee it burns and sometimes worse than other times.

I go private for an ultra sound and they say that everything is clear apart from a cyst on my ovary which is nothing to worry about. I then get another letter come through for a Urinary tract ultra sound on the NHS, this I had on sunday just gone.

Ive just looked at my NHS records today and see its cone back negative.

Issue here is, that I cant be happy that its negative because im in pain every day of my life and its making me feel crazy that they cant find anything.

Has anyone else experienced this before or know about anything similar?

While ill still persisting with my GP, i would just like a few words of wisdom from this community

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Devon, I wonder if you have Interstitial Cystitis? Antibotics do not work on IC and never shows up in urine tests AND some of the symptoms are painful weeing, abodmen pain and backache.

I have had IC for a number of years and it was a long while before the medics would acknowledge IC and just kept giving me urine tests which came back negative and antibiotics that did not work - then eventually I saw a Urologist who did acknowledged IC. May be worth asking your doctor about this. Good Luck

J

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.