Continuous pain and urination... I am hopeless and need help.

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello everyone,

I am 25 years old and I would like to share a problem that totally ruins my life for now more than a year. I hope that some of you can help me if you had similar experiences because none of the doctors and other people I met have been able to help me on my situation. Sorry for my English as well, I am not a native speaker so I try to write all of this with my own words.

So my problem started around December 2021, when I started to frequently go to pee in big quantities. At the beginning, I wasn’t really concerned about it but after several days, I started to worry so I took an appointment to the doctor to see what it could be.

My symptoms were the following (until today I also still have them):

• Constant urge to urinate (up to 80-90 times a day!)
  • Constant pain in the lower abdomen, which is only relieved by urinating
  • Strong urge to urinate, even for a few drops
  • Feeling of intense relief as soon as I urinate, as if I've been holding myself back all day while I did it 10 minutes ago
  • Sometimes, pain in the penis, testicules and back
  • Sensitivity between by testicules and my anus (for example when I sit or drive my motorbike and go on bumps, I will feel hurt)
  • The longer I wait to urinate, the more the pain will spread to my lower abdomen and rise.

So when I went there and explained to the doctor my symptoms, he directly told me that it was from the prostate (a prostatitis) and he seemed 100% sure about it from the beginning. So he advised me to make tests in order to confirm his thoughts and to know what was causing this.

I did both blood tests and sperm tests, with an antibiogram in order to check which antibiotics would be suitable in case there is a bacterial infection. I waited about a week and got the result: in the sperm test, we found 2 bacterias: Klebsellia Pneunomae and Staphylococcus Haemolyticus. The blood test also showed that the PSA (related to prostate problems) were too high, which proved that he was right about the prostatitis.

All good, I was happy that it was not a dangerous STD or anything else and I started an antibiotic treatment right away.

He told me that he was mostly concerned about Klebsellia Pneunomae and told me that Staphylococcus Haemolyticus is not related to my problem since it is naturally living outside of my body (on the skin or something like that) so we would take care of getting rid of this Klebesellia only.

I started to take the antibiotic and after 2 days, my symptoms disappeared directly. I was happy and planned to continue the treatment as it was advised, until 1 month. However, after 2 weeks, my symptoms came back directly with bad feelings and terrible back pains, chills, tired… So I went back to this doctor again and he told me that the bacteria might be resistant so we should change the antibiotic to another one. Then I started to take a new one. After 3-4 days: all the symptoms disappeared! And one more time, after 2 weeks… they came back again.

I came back to see him again with big anxiety since I started worrying about the fact that I will maybe never get rid of this infection.

So he took the decision to make a new treatment with those 2 new antibiotics at the same time.

From this, I lived one of the worst period of my life: I got a terrible reaction to one of the antibiotics (really bad side effects such as short breath, itches, insomnias…) with Covid at the same time! And the symptoms of my urine problems were still here anyway.

So I came back to the doctor again who decided to stop the treatment and told me that with this treatment that I just had, the bacteria should now have been gone.

I was really surprised and I explained him that I don’t think it’s the case since my symptoms are still the same and nothing changed from the beginning! He answered that it is normal and should last a few weeks as a post infection trauma which is apparently common. So I made new blood tests and sperm tests, and surprise: Klebsellia Pneunomae was left and PSA was normal!

The doctor was right but my anxiety started growing more: what can I do now that there are no reasons that could explain those feelings?

Anyway, I decided to listen and wait a few weeks, 1 month, 2 months… and all was still the same.

So one last time, I came back to see him and he orientated me to a hospital in order to make deeper tests: MRI of the prostate/bladder, ultrasounds and urodynamic tests.

I did all and absolutely NOTHING was found. In this hospital, I met 2 different urologists: the first one gave me the medicine Vesicare (which did not work at all) and the second one gave Betmiga (which seemed to work a bit at the beginning but not sure it was from this as the symptoms quickly came back).

I told both that nothing work and they literally told me that they didn’t know what could be the reason and suggested me to check with another kind of specialized doctor.

I met one more generalist and one specialized doctor in men problems, and both were confused as well.

So now this is where I am: it seems like I got an infection more than a year ago, which disappeared, but my symptoms feel like it’s still in my body. Nothing has changed from the beginning. Sometimes the pain disappears or decreases for a few days, sometimes a few weeks, but always come back for longer.

My life is totally ruined, I can not go out too long as I constantly need to have toilets next to me so I can pee, I constantly have those chills and cold feelings which feel like fever while I don’t have, I am constantly tired and stressed… I can not walk much because of this bothering constant feeling. In average, I go to toilet every 30 minutes (sometimes I will go to pee only for 3-4 drops but it will make me feel super good). I can even stay on the toilet for an hour and continuously pee small drops.

I have all the symptoms of an UTI but the problem is that I DO NOT have UTI, at least not anymore.

I don’t know if there is a link with this urine problem but I also want to poo a lot (several times a day) and it sometimes burns my anus while most of the time nothing comes out.

I really miss my normal life and I start having some depressive and dark ideas.

Now my questions are the following:

• Why do I still have those symptoms while nothing is found in my body (MRI, blood tests, sperm tests, ultrasounds, urodynamic…)?
  • Could this be caused by the remaining bacteria (Staphylococcus Haemolyticus)? The 5 different doctors that I met were all convinced that this bacteria is not a problem and is not the reason of my symptoms but I sometimes have doubts about it…
  • How those medicines do not work on me? (general pain reliefs, nerves bladder, prostate…)? The only way to release my pain is to go to pee so I can feel normal until the next 5 minutes…
  • Why the only medicine that worked on me are the antibiotics (the 3 different antibiotic treatments that I had helped me to release the pain directly despite the fact that each time my symptoms came back 2 weeks after)?

I will be eternally grateful to the ones who could give me the answer or at least some advices… or also share your similar own experiences. Everything that I could on internet to release the pain (drink more water, use essential oils, supplements, diet, sport, no caffeine, no alcohol…) seem to not work on me as well.

Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you!

1 like, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.