Positive/Negative Dip/Microscopy

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hopefully somebody can help as I've been in limbo for the last two months. It first started during a recent health check where urine was dipped and blood and white blood cells where found. I was asked to take another sample the following day, same again. The dip comes back positive for RBC and WBC every time.

Fast forward 8 weeks and I've now done 6 samples, every one has been to the lab and come back negative for both RBC and WBC. The last lab sample came back as RBC+ which the GP has marked as borderline. The level of blood on the dip has decreased over time starting at +++ and now being +.

The GP is scratching her head and I'm in limbo as some guidelines say microscope confirmation is needed but others say that the dip is reliable enough. I've just turned 50, no symptoms and taking oral contraception. They won't treat as a UTI as the lab test is negative.

Thanks for your help,

Emma

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.