19 year old loosing weight unintentionally

Posted , 2 users are following.

a 19 year old male, from uk. height 6,2. so, around may-june 2019, i started going to the gym because i wanted to loose weight, after a few sessions at the gym i decided to buy some weighing scales. and every time i weigh my self it automatically records my weight on an app. i started off at 23st10.8ibs,. and after a month after first weighing my self and going to the gym, i went from 23st,10ibs to 22st,7.4. this was on 7/30/2019. i didnt keep up with the gym for long, so didnt loose much weight after that. but by the time it got to 10/28/19 i weighed 21st,9ibs so hadn't lost too much weight in the 3 months i stopped going gym. and out of nowhere, a month after that, i had gone from 21st,9ibs to 20st,9. so a stone in a month. and ever since then its been on a decline and i now weigh 18st,13. i am happy with the weight loss, because i never thought id loose weight, but i haven't been trying to loose weight. i have been a lot more active over the past year as i started working and passed my drivers test so im out more which means less eating. but, the weight loss doesn't exactly match up with me starting a new job as it was months after i started loosing more weight. would you say this amount of weight loss is normal considering im not exactly trying to loose it? my diet is not good at all, i don't eat breakfast, dinnner, or tea. i might grab a sandwich in work, or a takeaway if im not busy, but apart from that, when i do eat all i eat is junk food. would it be worth a trip to my gp? is loosing almost 5 stone in 7 months without trying normal?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

You said it yourself, you eat too much junk food. Sometimes weight gain and weight loss doesnt happen straight away but quickly over time. I used to eat lots of junk food as a kid, more in invest in carbs. I do not want to lose weight or put much on, so i eat mainly carbs.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.