Skip to content
Ad

Weight Loss and Gain - Unintentional

Also known as Appetite Loss, Cachexia, Loss of Appetite

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • gabapentin side affects

Have been taking gabapentin since last year for chronic pain, okay until a few months ago, started to feel tired, pains down front of my legs, bad cramps, also weight gain, went to the docs, she had me taking blood tests, no joy, had been put on an extra blood pressure tab a few months before, was told...

Posted
  • No idea what's wrong

I went to the doctor last year about unintentional weight loss. They found nothing wrong. I still haven't been able to gain weight since and possibly lost some more even though I eat normally. I am 5 ft 3 and only weight just 6 stone 3lb. I sometimes get times during the day when I feel shaky, not...

Last reply
  • SCARED!! LOST 45 POUNDS IN 5 MONTHS

I don't know where else to turn. I've had every test you could possibly have done. They haven't diagnosed me with anything. I can't eat, every tiny bite causes pain in my stomach, my abdomen, major bloating, distention. I belch like a sailor. My intestines get backed up so bad that every...

Last reply
  • How often should a child be weighed?

Childhood obesity is affecting one in three children aged 10-11 and one in five children aged 4-5:  ​I've come across this guide for weighing children and babies - - and it goes into detail on how GPs and hospitals should go about weighing children, why we do it, how often they should be weighed,...

Posted
  • Implants removal

Hi am 24, had my first child early last year december . Hubby and i decided to go in for an implant because we not ready for another baby yet. Had a 5 years implants inserted 5 months ago, had my period 2 weeks after and havrnt had any since then and am gaining so much weight which doesnt make sense...

Last reply
  • Losing Weight Unintentionally

I've been diagnosed with multiple neurological disorders which include lacunar & ischemic thrombosis strokes, white matter disease, complex & simple partial seizure disorders, type 2 diabetes, coronary artery disease, multiple heart attacks, approximately 12 stents, peripheral Neuropathy...

Last reply
  • Stomach issues

I was wondering if anybody else has a bad stomach like this - My issue is that I'm never hungry and when I do eat I am extremely full after 1-2 bites and it's extremely difficult to finish a meal. I get a lot of stomach pain and feel sick also, it is really upsetting. I also have ME/CFS so It...

Last reply
  • Dizziness, Balance Issues & No Appetite

I've been diagnosed having a history of Lacunar and Ischemic Thrombosis Strokes, Complex Partial Seizure Disorder and Simple Partial Seizure Disorder and White Matter Disease. I've deal with dizziness, balance issues, headaches every day, 24/7, I not supposed to be left alone due to my seizures,...

Posted
  • Went from 68 kg (150 lbs) to 60 kg (132 lbs) in 6 months.

Hello. I wish to discuss something that's troubling me for a long time. I have been going through a lot of health problems since the start of the year until now. Started with a cold, then got a roaming pain in my limbs, then it disappeared but I gained gastritis, then it went to constant colon bloating...

Posted
  • I think I'm losing muscle, how to tell if it's serious?

Hello, I've been really skinny all my life (I weigh around 9st 5 And I'm 25) but the past 6 months I've been getting even skinnier, I'm losing muscle when nothing has changed. I can feel bones I've never felt before... but the scales are staying around the same weight, my stomach...

Posted
  • Facial weight loss

Hi I've lost over stone and a half since Xmas it happened in a month and my face has sunk in like my cheek bones are really visible I feel ill all the time I have gd appetite any input would be appreciated

Last reply
  • reductil

Hi, I have weight problems after pregnancy and intend to use Reductil beat me on the advice of a friend who achitizionat online on I am interested in other opinions you like if you can help me How much you lose weight? How it works? Moderator comment: I have removed the email address as we do not publish...

Posted
  • I've lost 12 lbs in the last two weeks

Hi all.  I've got some kind of abdominal issue going on.. Started out with major diarreha, lots of burping and tooting, and I had no appetite at all.  Abdomen was very distended and painful.  Not able to eat anything but soup and crackers.  Been tested for H-pylori, negative....

Posted
  • Flouxetine Side Effects

Just before Xmas 2016, I lowered my own Dose of Flouxitine from 30mg a day to 10mg per day due to headaches. I had been on Flouxetine for over 15 years. (Note: When on 30mg per day eating & weight was fine). In March 2017 i had pains in my testicles and I had Bloods Tests, Urine Tests,...

Posted
  • Weight Loss Worried

Hi I'm new to this. I have been on Flouxetine 30mg for more than 15 years but lowered my dose to 10mg before March of this year. I was 99KG before decreasing my dose. Had health scare late March & early June of this year and I am now 90KG and lost interest in Food. My GP has put me back up to...

Last reply
  • jhr jhr

Unintentional weight loss and lack of appetite

I've always been very skinny around 45 kilos. But right now I've became scarily thin, my BMI is 14.5, I lost 2.5 kilos in 2 and half months. The loss is not big but it impacted my body very much because I was already underweight. In mid April I've experienced severe acid reflux and pain in...

Posted
  • Unexplained weight lose.

hey all! so I have a major question and i'm not sure if i should see my doctor or not on this. So i do suffer from anxiety I just started talking zoloft again 12.5mg everynight. about a month ago i weighted 108/107 pounds. two weeks later i checked my weight and it was 104.5 so i tried to eat more....

Posted
  • What is happening to me!

Recently I've become a little lazy. my stomach has always be a little round but recently it has gotten bigger and I'm more hungry all the time. It has never been jiggly or bouncy but just round and it still is.

Posted
  • I can't put on weight

So I'm a 17 year old 5'3 female who weighs around 6.13 stone (with light clothing on). This is 2 pounds less than what I weighed week ago. It is confusing as all week I have been on holiday and have been eating very little healthy stuff and eating much much more food than normal. I've also...

Last reply
  • Dangerously Underweight, Please Help Me

Hi guys, I saw a nurse the other day & learned that my BMI is 15.2. The nurse claimed that I'm “perfectly healthy" but I know that's a lie. I'm aware that 15.2 is dangerously underweight & I'm incredibly scared now. I can't see a doctor until next month so what should...

Last reply
  • Weight gain on hydroxychloriquine

hello  I'm in desperate need of some help, i am a 29 year old female. i have lupus and was trialing hydrozychloriquine, i started the meds the beginning of 2016. I have always been the same weight and never had any issues with gaining but after around 6-7 months started to gain weight, i go...

Posted
  • Unintentional Weight Loss - Advice Needed

Hi all Around 2 months ago I have been doing some DIY in the house. Around the time of actually doing the DIY I did not notice anything different about my weight. However I stopped working on the house around 5 weeks ago but have started noticing weight loss. It for triggered when I noticed my watch...

Posted
  • Desperate for an answer

I was a healthy weight as a child however when i hit 14 (about the time i hit puberty and also when i started taking antidepressants) i started gaining weight continuously i also found out despite always being thin i was prediabetic. In an effort to to fix these issues i cut a lot of bad stuff in my...

Posted
  • unintentional weight loss

My 17 yo son lost stone and half over 4 months without trying, initially when he was eating he would get full just after a few bites but after a couple of months that became better and eating lots more again but was still losing no matter what and he can't gain any of it back, he's under his...

Last reply
  • Very fast weight loss and loss of appetite!

I am a 36 year old female and am having rapid weight loss and loss od appetite.  I have always had a very large appetite, eating all day long, and now, all of the sudden, I can't seem to eat anything.  I mean, I still eat, but it seems like a struggle.  I still eat because I...

Last reply
  • I don't know what's going on

A have noticed that I have lost a large amount of weight in a very short amount of time. I lost around 10 pounds in 3 and a half weeks. I was 164 pounds know I am 154 pound and I do not know why. I did not change my diet at all, and I do not exercise. I have had some appetite loss but that seems...

Last reply
  • Unintentional weight loss

I have lost over a stone in weight since the beginning of the year though not intentionally I have had every blood test under the sun, chest x-ray, CT scan but nothing is showing up I have never been overweight, weighing just over 9 stone, but now I am 8st 2lb and seem to be losing around 1 lb a month....

Last reply
  • I m worried I have some cancer

I lost nearly 7 kg weight 8 months ago. After that I have been eating so much to gain weight but nothing is happening .. I eat 6 times a day now . But not gaining any weight . I only have 48 kg , height of 5'6" . I m really worried I have some cancer.

Last reply
  • I've been eating normally/extra but losing weight.

I've always been on the skinny side, but I've lost about half a stone in the last few weeks and am now only about 8 stone 3lb making me underweight for my height (just under 5 feet 8 inches). I have been stressed and busy, but have been more stressed and busier in my life without losing weight...

Last reply
  • Really do not know what to do.....

Hi all Will keep this very brief.....I suffer from severe Health Anxiety, as from January this year I have been checked for lung cancer, throat cancer, stomach cancer, FBC's (all normal thank goodness) however now I am afraid I have colon cancer....... I have lost 7lbs in nearly 7 weeks, have had...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.