Skip to content

Weight Loss and Gain - Unintentional

Also known as Appetite Loss, Cachexia, Loss of Appetite

All discussions in this group

Next
  • I can't stop gaining weight...

I'm a 17 year old female and I've been struggling with my weight since i was a child. I've always been chubby and bigger than other girls but i was also the first one to start puberty out of my classmates. When i was around 13/14 I've hit 75kg at a height of 165cm (5ft 5) and I was extremely...

Last reply
  • broken back, not going to bed at descent hours, weight gain

I need some advice please. My partner has broken his back four years ago. He is walking and going to the Physiotherapist twice a week. since braking his back he has gained allot of weight. He is inactive because of his limited movement / pain. He studies full time online, so sitting at a desk allot....

Last reply
  • I have been depressed for about 1 year

Im 26 years old. My height is 163 cm and my weight is 54kg. I'm thin and shorter. I need to increase my height about one inch and need to be slightly fat than now. If there is medicine for slight flat and increase height. Please tell me.

Last reply
  • Unexplained weight loss, fatigue, and weird pains

Hello, I am a 17 year old boy and have a few unexplained and worrying symptoms.  In the last four months I have lost 14kg (30ib) with no explanation. I have always been tall and skinny, and never intended to lose any weight. I have had no loss in appetite, however, and if there has been any change...

Last reply
  • Appertight

HI has anyone took 15mg of the above and can't eat in the morning only night , this will be week 6 many thanks

Last reply
  • Am I overweight?

I'm 14 and today I went for a blood test at the doctor's. They obviously weighed me and took my height before they did it e.t.c. I saw I weighed 12.5 stone, and I presumed that was normal weight. However, when I got home, I searched what the average weight and height for a 14 year old boy was....

Last reply
  • Lost appetite lost 28 pounds

Hello I have lost around 28 pounds in 3 to 4 months I never get hungry I’m 29 years old and scared . I went to doctor they have done full blood works also did a upper  endoscopy where they look in you stomach everything came back normal . I’m not sure what to do .. I don’t feel hungry .. what test...

Last reply
  • Weight fluxuating like crazy, highly worried.

I was in a high stress situation about a year ago, and I had dropped from 130 to 90 pounds in 2 months (I am 5'4". I was frightened, and it has done a lot of damage to my stomach. Now, I gain 'temporary' weight. If I eat more than one meal, I will bloat and have 'rolls' and...

Last reply
  • Never hungry, feeling fine

For almost the past 6 months, I've been eating about once or twice a day. I have coffee for breakfast, a snack (maybe some chips) at around 3PM, a snack at around 8PM (maybe some popcorn chicken or fish balls), and a meal (usually rice and beef/chicken) at around midnight. I'm not incapable of...

Last reply
  • Weight gain after medication

Weight gain is listed as a possible side effect of many types of pills. I'm curious to know if this effect is always the result of either increasing the appetite or decreasing the activity or is there another mechanism which causes it. Cheers... Alex

Last reply
  • Propranalol for years - Advise please.

Hello All, So, Back in 2012, I started having a bit of heart trouble through my own cause, I used to eat crisps like they were going out of business and managed to get to a weight of near 29 stone which is not good I know. Well as the title states, "Propranalol for years" I have been on...

Last reply
  • I really need help... Please, someone help me

I'm not sure what group to put this is.. But I'm just gonna get to the point.. I'm 16, 5'5", and I weigh 84 pounds.. I keep losing weight and I don't know how to stop.. I can barely eat because I'm never hungry.. I eat around once a day and it's not even a full meal.....

Last reply
  • gabapentin side affects

Have been taking gabapentin since last year for chronic pain, okay until a few months ago, started to feel tired, pains down front of my legs, bad cramps, also weight gain, went to the docs, she had me taking blood tests, no joy, had been put on an extra blood pressure tab a few months before, was told...

Last reply
  • From duromine to orlistat

Ive stopped taking duromine a week ago since i have lost 14kgs after strict diet+ workouts , last week my doctor prescribed me with orlistat along with suppressant and reducing water pill in order to maintain my weight (53kg, i was 67kg  bfore). The first day i took orlistat my weight dropped to...

Posted
  • Nasal & throat congestion with chronic throat clearing for 1 month

56 years (male, former smoker)- I am 5 feet 5 inches. Generally my body weight varies between 59 to 62 kgs when I am healthy. I have been a former smoker for around 25 years. I am facing nasal & throat congestion with throat clearing for 1 month.Slight weight loss (2.5 to 3 kgs). Normal appetite....

Last reply
  • UNCONTROLLABLE weight gain - hormone related??

Over the past 8 months I have gains 15 kg.. I am 17 years old but it doesn't matter what I do.. I hardly eat, and when or if I do it is very healthy.. I exercise too. I have never struggled in the past with my weight but all of a sudden it is like a balloon it is driving me crazy.. I have stretch...

Last reply
  • Minor Weight Loss..Anxiety???

I am 51 & Since mid September, I have had 2 Panic Attacks and notice I have lost a couple of Lbs without trying..i have noticed I have lost some muscle on my legs and arms. I realize it's only a 2-3 lbs in a month, but, worrying none the less.i have added more fibre to my diet, but certainly...

Posted
  • Very fast weight loss and loss of appetite!

I am a 36 year old female and am having rapid weight loss and loss od appetite.  I have always had a very large appetite, eating all day long, and now, all of the sudden, I can't seem to eat anything.  I mean, I still eat, but it seems like a struggle.  I still eat because I...

Last reply
  • No idea what's wrong

I went to the doctor last year about unintentional weight loss. They found nothing wrong. I still haven't been able to gain weight since and possibly lost some more even though I eat normally. I am 5 ft 3 and only weight just 6 stone 3lb. I sometimes get times during the day when I feel shaky, not...

Last reply
  • SCARED!! LOST 45 POUNDS IN 5 MONTHS

I don't know where else to turn. I've had every test you could possibly have done. They haven't diagnosed me with anything. I can't eat, every tiny bite causes pain in my stomach, my abdomen, major bloating, distention. I belch like a sailor. My intestines get backed up so bad that every...

Last reply
  • How often should a child be weighed?

Childhood obesity is affecting one in three children aged 10-11 and one in five children aged 4-5:  ​I've come across this guide for weighing children and babies - - and it goes into detail on how GPs and hospitals should go about weighing children, why we do it, how often they should be weighed,...

Posted
  • Implants removal

Hi am 24, had my first child early last year december . Hubby and i decided to go in for an implant because we not ready for another baby yet. Had a 5 years implants inserted 5 months ago, had my period 2 weeks after and havrnt had any since then and am gaining so much weight which doesnt make sense...

Last reply
  • Losing Weight Unintentionally

I've been diagnosed with multiple neurological disorders which include lacunar & ischemic thrombosis strokes, white matter disease, complex & simple partial seizure disorders, type 2 diabetes, coronary artery disease, multiple heart attacks, approximately 12 stents, peripheral Neuropathy...

Last reply
  • Stomach issues

I was wondering if anybody else has a bad stomach like this - My issue is that I'm never hungry and when I do eat I am extremely full after 1-2 bites and it's extremely difficult to finish a meal. I get a lot of stomach pain and feel sick also, it is really upsetting. I also have ME/CFS so It...

Last reply
  • Dizziness, Balance Issues & No Appetite

I've been diagnosed having a history of Lacunar and Ischemic Thrombosis Strokes, Complex Partial Seizure Disorder and Simple Partial Seizure Disorder and White Matter Disease. I've deal with dizziness, balance issues, headaches every day, 24/7, I not supposed to be left alone due to my seizures,...

Posted
  • Went from 68 kg (150 lbs) to 60 kg (132 lbs) in 6 months.

Hello. I wish to discuss something that's troubling me for a long time. I have been going through a lot of health problems since the start of the year until now. Started with a cold, then got a roaming pain in my limbs, then it disappeared but I gained gastritis, then it went to constant colon bloating...

Posted
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.