Please help! Weight gain even when exercising, heart racing and weak muscles

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello,

I have been gaining weight steadily for years. When I do sport I can easily gain 1kg per month and if I diet I can gain 1kg per week. My stomach swells up and my heart rate can race for a second or skip a beat (even later in the day when not working out). My musculature does not improve even when working out. When I stop working out and dieting most of these symptoms improve.

For example, I had a baby 4 years ago. Before pregnancy I was 78kg. I lost a little weight in the first trimester and generally felt better than normal. After giving birth I went from 94kg to 65kg without dieting in about 6 months. The second i joined the gym i put on weight and this pattern continues. It was the same for my first child.

I feel like this is something related to an accident I had about 13 years ago. Before it, I was very sporty and felt great. In the accident i hit my right side with force and was fine, then fainted half an hour later. After that dizzy spells started, weakness began. I could barely walk upstairs. I would have almost seizure-like attacks. These were not panic attacks,they could happen even when sleeping and I wasn't stressed or depressed. I am better now but it still happens when my body is stressed in any way, like doing sport or after a miscarriage.

I had a brain mri 3 years ago and last wrek had CT scan for my torso. I have had full stomach ultrasounds and an Hysterosalpinography test for my womb as I have also had 4 early miscarriages. All my basic blood work has come back clean. I have also had cortisol, PTh, glucose, insulin, tsh, calcium, magnesium, creatinine and ALT tests done. I also had estrogen and progesterone checked. Everything has come back fine. The only problem found is a genetic blood clotting one - factor v leiden which might explain the miscarriages but the doctors aren't sure. I fall asleep easily but i dont get deep sleep and wake up a lot - again, not stressed.

I also have a small hump of fat on my neck and a lot of stretch marks on my stomach and legs (not relating to weight). But obviously my tests were negative for Cushings. Is there anything that I am missing or any other ideas you might have? My whole life is being affected by this.

Any helpful ideas would be so welcomed.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.