No hunger since Nov 2018

Posted , 3 users are following.

I haven't felt my stomach growl since the end of Nov. I found out I had a bad gallbladder so I had it removed in middle of Jan 2019. It's been almost 4 weeks since it was removed and I still have no hunger. I can eat meals and keep the food down I just never feel hungry. I was told the gallbladder was the reason for my loss of appetite but now I am doubting that to be the case. I have had an endoscopy which he told me I had a mild case of gastritis. I went to a different doctor and he told me that I don't have gastritis. So I am just lost and don't know where to turn. I have had multiple blood tests done and they all come back normal. I know something isn't right with my stomach. I am going this Tuesday to do a stomach emptying study. If anyone has any other suggestions I would greatly appreciate it. I live in the United States on the East coast. I am willing to travel wherever to the best doctors, I just want to be better and over this!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Just like you Mike I started loosing my appetite in November. Since then I have lost 25 lbs. And continuing. I have lost 4-6 inches off my waist. I have been put thru a gamma of tests I have had 3 CT scans, hiiata scan, endoscopy, colonoscopy and a gastric emptying study. I have rapid gastric emptying. It is crazy. If I don't force myself to eat I won't. I usually only eat 1x a day and that is a small meal. They have said nothing is wrong except my gall bladder is not working properly. I am scheduled to see the surgeon on April 3 but there is no guarantee that removing it will help. I am interested in hearing. More about your situation and what you find out and I will keep you posted also.

• Posted

Get multiple opinions, get as many opinions from doctors as you can to help you define the problem. Doctors are humans that say and interpret things differently. Although opinions are varied. Drink more tea, i find that drinking more tea makes me feel hungry.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.