I really need help... Please, someone help me

Posted , 14 users are following.

I'm not sure what group to put this is.. But I'm just gonna get to the point.. I'm 16, 5'5", and I weigh 84 pounds.. I keep losing weight and I don't know how to stop.. I can barely eat because I'm never hungry.. I eat around once a day and it's not even a full meal.. I'm really scared of what might happen to me if I continue to lose weight.. I've also been depressed my whole life so I don't know if that has anything to do with it.. I'm homeschooled and I basically spend all my time on the computer because I have no friends in real life.. (I'm not kidding, I literally spend 10 or more hours a day on the computer) does that somehow "fill" me so I can't eat? Am I going to die soon if I can't gain weight? Please someone help me.. I'm really scared.. And don't tell me to see a therapist because I can't afford to go..

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kay,

Although now retired I worked for 15 years as a counsellor and a fitness instructor on the Heart Watch cardiac rehab programme in Leeds. You might not be able to aford to see a therapist privately but going to see your GP will not cost you anything, and it's your GP that you need. He can refer you to the relevant people and that shouldn't cost you anything either; that will include dieticians who really should be able to help. I won't say good luck, because luck has nothing to do with it. You've taken the hardest step and that is recognising the problem and asking for help. Ian

• Posted

Thank you.. Do you know any ways I can try and gain weight on my own though?
  • Posted

Your weight is the result of many factors affecting your lifestyle. These factors may include the way your body changes food into energy. You can take different steps to prevent or treat obesity and overweight problems. All you need to do is to follow a healthy eating plan and keep your calorie intake in mind. Weight seems to be a major problem in human body.  Losing weight is not an easy task it requires strong dedication towards what you eat how much you eat etc. 
    • Posted

Does anyone ever listen to me? I can lose 5 pounds in a week easily.. It's not hard at all, but I don't wanna lose weight.. I wanna gain it as fast as possible.. I'm 84 pounds.. That's not normal or healthy.. I wanna get to at least 120 by the end of the year.. And this year just started so that gives me plenty of time.. Any tips on GAINING weight as fast as possible?

• Posted

when we're depressed , stressed out or feeling anxious our appetite's is one of the first things that gets affected. your brain and you're gut are connected in so many ways so to me it makes sense that you are not hungry if you've been depressed for a while. if you're looking for ways to gain weight quickly, i'd suggest eating easy-to-digest food like plain toast (or with avocado) to start with. you can also try drinking your calories with fruit smoothies. heck, if you're ok with dairy, try some ice cream as well for the calories. if you feel like you can't eat, try to do something that's distracting while you eat, like watching tv or walking around the house. i find that to be helpful.

but overall, i do suggest working on your mental health if you want to get your appetite back together. i have an anxiety disorder so i know what it's like to feel scared because you're losing weight, i too lose my appetite completely whenever i'm anxious. that's the worst thing about anxiety/depression- you're feeling down so you lose your appetite, then you start to worry about your appetite which makes you feel less and less hungry which then increases your anxiety- it's an awful loop! and while i will always suggest therapy, you can also try other things to help that won't cost you. i would seriously try mediation. download the headspace app on your phone, it's helped me A LOT over the past year and it's perfect for anyone who's terrible at mediating (like i was!) seriously, taking 10 minutes out of your day to just breathe and calm yourself down, even just a little bit can do wonders. try some yoga by looking up youtube videos. chamomile tea is also good for relaxation. peppermint oil is good for tension. 

i will also suggest not spending so much time on the computer. cut back slowly, and start doing things a big more engaging like reading a book or taking a walk outside if it's not too cold. try talking to a family member as well. even just by saying hey, i'm just not feeling good right now, can feel like a weight is being lifted off your shoulders.

improvement on your mental health is necessary and you should never feel hopeless in that. there are always options out there and i hope this helps you!

• Posted

Thank you so much.. You're the first person to really help me ;-;

• Posted

Exercise is the best way to reduce weight. Do running and jogging daily. After few weeks you will see a huge improvement.

One more thing, before going to sleep drink green tea.

• Posted

Oml.. I'm trying to GAIN weight, NOT lose it! I'm 80 some pounds do you really think I need to lose weight?

• Posted

oh my goodness, unfortunately I'm not able to offer any advice, but I find it very frustrating that some people are not reading your posts very well huginomi.  You have clearly written that you are trying to gain weight, not lose it.  frown

• Posted

Sorry kayladogovi, my last post was clearly meant for you and not  huginomi00071 x
    • Posted

I'm not very surprised tbh, no one listens to me irl either.. But thanks

• Posted

Hello

It is really very strange to know that you do not have friends in real life and probably this is one of the major reasons why you are depressed all these years. If you are continuously losing weight, don't get scared as there are many wellness tips that you can implement in your life. Eat healthy, live healthy! It is important for you to overcome from the depressed state of the mind and live life happily. 

• Posted

You need to lead a more lively lifestyle go to stores, deal with the port. Everything will be fine.
  • Posted

We can be friends if you want! What do you usually do? Do you play games or what?

Message me your email so we can talk! Let's not be depressed together 😃

• Posted

Depression and stress can affect lifestyle and eating habits. Sedentary lifestyle with no exercise (or social life) can push a person further into depression. Make gradual change to your life to boost hunger. Appetite stimulants are also helpful, but limit its usage.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.