I just don't feel right, here are my symptoms. Suggestions?

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hello!

Here are my symptoms and about how long I have had them. They all popped up around the same time which is why I have become concerned, but I also don't want to freak out for nothing! They are all likely not related, but I just need some type of reassurance that I don't need to be pushing for tests or something.

Cold/Flu- I have had a cold for about 2 1/2 months, with having the flu (puking, fever, shake, diarrhea) twice in that time. The cold has varied from severe to totally manageable. I was prescribed antibiotics on the 29th of December and finished the 1 week dosage. That made my symptoms less severe so I went back to taking over the counter. Note, they only did a visual exam. No blood work or anything like that.

Night Sweats- 2 months. I have never had an issue with excessive sweating. I have noticed I am sweating more in general, but at night is where it is excessive. I will wake up a few times a week drenched and the other days not drenched but definitely can tell I was sweating at one point (I have curly hair so the base gets extra curly when I sweat).

High Anxiety- 2ish months. I have never been diagnosed or gone to a doctor for this because it has never been severe. It has become very hard to avoid right now, which is abnormal for me. I had never suffered a panic attack in my life and only know what they are because my friend gets them, and I believe I have had two in the past two months. Again, I haven't been "diagnosed" as having them, but I am not sure what else I could describe what happened except that they were panic attacks.

Random joint/muscle pain- 1 month. I have had random shots of pain in various parts of my body, but mainly in my hips, lower back, and shoulders. I have not done anything different when it comes to physical activity, so I am not sure what could be causing it. It is primarily in my joints, but sometimes it feels like its deep in my muscle (this is manly in my forearms).

Tired/Unmotivated/No myself- 2+ months. In general for the past few months, I have felt exhausted and not motivated at all. This is NOT normal for me what so ever. At first I attributed to my "winter blues", which is normal for me. But I usually snap out of that by Christmas.

Ankle Bump- 1ish month ago. I discovered a bump on my ankle when I had my feet out lounging on our couch. It was about the size of a small marble at the time. It grew to the size of a large marble in about a 2 weeks time, but has now shrunk back down to it's original size. It does not hurt. No discoloration. It is much softer than a marble, but harder then say a grape. It isn't "movable". If I were to draw a line down the center of my foot, it is about an a 1/2 inch the right right (on my right foot-looking down at it) and down a little lower than where the ankle bone sticks out on the right side (if that makes sense).

Weight Loss- 1 1/2 months. I have lost about 10 pounds in the past 1 1/2 months, and it is not intentional by any means. I am normally 110-115 pounds, and I have dropped to 100. I have even teetered into the 97 range, which is abnormal. I don't feel like I am eating any more or less than usual. I do feel like I am getting full faster than normal, but I chocked that up to when I was sick with flu both times I didn't eat as much so maybe my stomach shrank a bit. But I feel like by now my weight should have gone back up and it hasn't .

I called Aetna's Teladoc today and described everything above. He basically said that he can prescribe me stronger cold medicine, if the bump changes to go in and check it out, and that if the anxiety issue persists to call their other behavioral Teledoc line. He didn't address anything else and said none of it is related. The call literally lasted 6 minutes and I didn't leave feeling like he took anytime to think before giving me an answer. The follow-up message says my diagnosis is "common cold".

He could be totally right and most likely he is, but I just want second opinions before chalking this all up to "I am being crazy, calm down!".

Again, I am sure I am freaking myself out for nothing. But if anyone has any suggestions of where I should go or what I should do, let me know!

2 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Ask your doctor to do a Chest Xray and a sputum culture and go from there. Is your doctor aware of all of these symptoms you have described in this post.

• Posted

I moved to this city fairly recently and had not found a new doctor yet. I have an appointment scheduled though now for Thursday, and I will make sure to tell them everything and push for the XRay especially. Thank you for your reply!

• Posted

hi ther kristen , I would say go to your actual gp with your concerns , I think a chest x ray is something they should certainly offer you, they did me when I went with similar problems . I couldnt tell you how many appointments n private appointments iv had in the last 6 mnth , although iv tried to stop going now, at the beginning off my downfall I found it better to get some kind off tests , bloods x Ray's etc . these are common things n might just reassure you that your just run down or your body is telling you that

• Posted

I moved to this city fairly recently and had not found a new doctor yet. I have an appointment scheduled though now for Thursday!

That is very possible too. I will find out hopefully soon! Thank you for your reply!

• Posted

Anxiety is the root to all your issues.

• Posted

No, I think she may be suffering toxic effects from electronic cigarettes.

Kirsten, do you use electronic cigarettes? If you do, really you should stop because they cause permanent damage.

• Posted

Woah, hold your horses right there prematuro. Do not even attempt to diagnose someone over the internet, are you a Dr. or what?

• Posted

What did they find out after your chest x-ray and follow up visit?

• Posted

Hello All!

I had not realized there were additional comments on my post after all this time!

So I never went back to that doctor again. I just didn't think he cared and made me feel that I am probably being dramatic. Probably why I pretty much started ignoring many of my symptoms. I started taking lots of vitamins and all the cold symptoms have gone away.

The night sweats have continued off an on. I still have anxiety, and was extremely shaky for some time but started taking magnesium which helped. My weight has been between 90-98 pounds, so a little less than when I posted the above. Still have issues with being tired and unmotivated, but I have been taking Ashwaganda which has really helped. My joints are still hurting, primarily in my legs. In addition to the above, my veins have started to bulge in the evenings.

I had pretty much taken what the first doctor said to heart and I was being crazy, but back in April I began to start losing hair. This prompted me to go see a dermatologist. I got married and went on my honeymoon, so I delayed my blood test to last week. I found today that I have very low ferritin levels, which could possibly be anemia. I also tested positive on the ANA test. This could all mean literally nothing, but at least I am getting some potential answers!

Also, the bump is still there and has changed in size quite a bit, so I found a new doctor and am getting a sonogram for it the first time. Then I am seeing a surgeon about getting it removed!

Long story short, I probably should not have listened to the first doctor and ignored my symptoms. It may all come down to low iron, but I would have never known if I didn't start to lose my hair and went to a dermatologist for it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.