My boyfriend has lost weight and I am worried..

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello,

I never post here before but I thought maybe someone can give me some advice or what to do.

I have been with my boyfriend 5 years and he is wonderful person.

He has gone through some rough stuff past 6 months or even more.

Lots of work problems, our relationship had some rocky bath because we wanted different things from life and some other stuff.

He has been under pressure and stress a lot.

I started to notice recently that he has lost some weight. He is normally very skinny too but now more than ever.

Went about 67 to 63. And because he is smoker( not much, maybe 5 per day) and working with chemicals I feel this worry going through my mind and question why...

I asked him to go see a doctor to-be sure it's nothing but he won't have any of it.

He says he is fine and feels ok.

He works, appetite is same and he even did some sports this week.

He said if I be ill, i would feel it.

But I have read so much and it's not the case always.

And I am desperate to him check him out but I cannot force him.

I don't know what to do...

I do believe it is maybe stress related or lack some vitamins and not enough eating because he works nights and routine is messed up.

But then, bad stuff comes my mind like (lung) cancer...

He has no family history or nothing but again sometimes it does not ask that...

If anyone is here, who has been going through something similar or any medical person, I would really appreciate advice...

I will try to do everything for him see doctor but meanwhile I need to have my peace too..

I can't even sleep normally. I keep thinking about it a lot and I try to think it's nothing but you just never know.

Thanks for advance.

1 like, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.