34 weight loss in face post jaw operation

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi there,

Can anyone offer me some adivce on what to eat following on from a jaw surgery opertation 11 months ago? Lots of colleauges keep saying, I look "ill", tired or have lost weight. Recently getting covid has not helped.

I have smart scales, I am around 76-77kg. Before the operation, I was 80-81.

I am 6ft 2 and have always been skinny looking. My BMI is 22.5, body fat around 20%, muscle mass around 76%/58.5kg but my BMR always seems to be :low" at 1585kcal -not sure how I could rectify that.. I am one point away from being "high" on the visceral fat rating.

The jaw surgery has left my eyes in particular, looking a little bit puffed like I have bags under my eyes. I have been trying creams for months, but not seeing any results. A few people have mentioned I look older and I think the lack of weight in my face could be a contributory factor.

If I am to try and gain some healthy weight, can anyone suggest what I could eat? I am rubbish with meal planning. I can eat and eat, but only really put weight on in the belly area. I exercise every other day and go to the gym at least 1-2 times per day. My average calorie burn from exercise is around 1200-1450. If I am working from home, around 650-900.

I work long hours, so tend to have ready meals/pastas etc. Which should gain me fat, albeit the wrong sort. I know it is not a good diet.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I know I can discuss with my surgeon about the bags under eyes, but there have been other complications involving nerve damage which need to take priority at the moment. Just need to look at bit fuller in the face and healthier.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.