Can't Figure Out if My Weight Loss is Normal

Posted , 1 user is following.

36M / 5'9" / 163 LBS. / NO HEALTH CONDITIONS

I was intentionally losing weight for some months. Starting in March this year I went from 190 lbs. and got down to 170 lbs. by August. Six months to lose 20 lbs. was healthy and I was happy about it. At this point I was at a plateau and I didn't really care.

Then I had a particularly stressful work week in September and woosh I lost 4 lbs. I knew my stress level was up that week and my eating wasn't great, so I didn't really overthink it. I thought I'd gain the weight back but I didn't and my new weight was 166 lbs. That weight stayed there for a month which I verified at a doctor office weight in.

Since then though seemingly I broke out of that new month long plateau. I've lost another 4-5 lbs. in about 3 weeks. How I'm not sure which is why I'm concerned. Maybe I'm not eating enough? Maybe it's stress again? My paranoia is up there and I'm suddenly constantly weighing myself freaking out over all the fluctuations.

My strength at the gym is up not down, and I know muscle burns fat the more you have so maybe I'm just in a phase where my body is trying to accommodate the extra strength and muscle. That sounds logical to me.

Anyways, just venting and looking for support. I do have an appointment with my GP next Friday just to be safe.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.