I can't stop gaining weight...

Posted , 11 users are following.

I'm a 17 year old female and I've been struggling with my weight since i was a child. I've always been chubby and bigger than other girls but i was also the first one to start puberty out of my classmates. When i was around 13/14 I've hit 75kg at a height of 165cm (5ft 5) and I was extremely fat. I've lost 20kg in 3 months and I've began to look anorexic, my hips were poking out and you could count my ribs. After a month or two i slowly started to gain weight back on and after hitting 65kg at the age of 15, I now weight 72kg. I am still the same height and although i don't look as fat as back when i was 14 at the same height. Based on my heigh I'm 7kg overweight.

Now the thing is that i did exercise I used to run everyday and bike but exercise didn't show any effects so I've lost that weight purley by starving myslef. I've tried exercising again but in 2 months i haven't lost a gram nor look slimmer. I've given up and I honestly don't know what to do because i know even if i lost weight the yo-yo effect would come back and i would end up gaining twice what i lost. I hate exercise and i don't have much time to do it anyway. I leave the house 8am and come back 6pm and I'm usually tired and just want to relax. I gain weight super easily so even if i eat the same amount everyday i still somehow mange to gain weight.

My family is pressuring me saying I'm overweight and I should stop eating and loose weight. I've never been able to accept the way i look and i have no motivation anymore. What can i do to loose weight once and for all?

I'm 165cm tall, 72kg, 89cm bust 67cm waist and 97cm hips, (I have very big legs and quite small torso)

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Have you got your thyroid hormone levels checked?
  • Posted

Hmmm... This is serious.

You might find this info useful though.

I came across a book on Amazon some days ago, titled "Overcoming Weight Gain: The A to Z Journey Towards Weight Loss." (By Monique K. Roberts)

The book deals intensively and extensively on weight gain and gives perfect practical ways on how to achieve consistent weight loss. You might want to check it out.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.