19 year old seeking advice

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello, I am 19 years old and I fear I might have a problem in my prostate area. My symptons

are:

?-Sometimes I have the urge to urinate even tho most of the time I don't actually need to go to the toilet.

?-My flow is hard to get it to start but its not always the case, I can control and  stop my flow at will and once I get it started is strong and under my control

?-I also feel a light pain in my groin from time to time, nothing too serious but I might as well post it.

?-My pee color is yellow or white, only once I noticed it was dark. Also sometimes I feel a slight burning sensation when I am done peeing mainly in my penis.

?I am new here and I don't know if this will do but I am just seeking some advice on what it is. My anxiety is killing me... I keep telling myself is cancer or something but being soo young I do not understand it. I did some research online and found that it could be something called "prostatitis?". Also I am pretty sure is not STD's since I have never had sex. I hope this is enough, thank you

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

The only advice is to see your doctor and take a urine sample with you. It should be mid flow from your first pee in the morning.
  • Posted

Although its possible, I doubt you have cancer.  INot  sure if you can get prostatitis if you haven't had sex. I suppose you could. Maybe just a simple urinary tract infection. Go see a doctor too many things it could be. Stop worrying, it may be making symptoms worse

• Posted

Hi, I am sorry to hear what you are going through. You have not said how long you have been suffering these symptoms, but I very much doubt if it is prostate problems because at 19 you are far to young for that.  I would say it is mo that and take a water sample with you so that it can be tested. I hope that you soon get to the bottom of this keep me informed
  • Posted

It does sound like some sort of mild infection, but not necessarily in the prostate. I agree with derek76 - do a urine sample at your doctor's or sexual health clinic and get your urine analysed. When I get a urine infection, it starts with a general feeling all over the body of feverishness and after about a day of that I get stinging and pain and difficulty when urinating. A couple of times my doctor has given me the wrong antibiotics, which is why we are suggesting you have your urine tested by your doctor sending the sample to a lab to see which bacteria might be present. Some bugs are resistant to some antibiotics, so identifying the right one ensures the correct antibiotic is prescribed. I think it's very unlikely to be anything serious, so worrying about cancer is wasted energy. Sometimes things like kidney cancer can show by blood in the urine, but you say the colour is OK.

• Posted

The problem is Christmas is coming and if he is in the UK he may find it difficult to get a GP appointment this week and next. If it is an infection it needs treating soon. A call to 111 might help as in some areas there are out of hours GP services. Our area has 'See Doc' based at the hospital apart from A&E where local GP's have a rota to see cases that don't need A&E. I've taken a urine sample at night and on a Saturday had it checked and been given a prescription for a supermarket pharmacy.

• Posted

PS it cost me £16 for a taxi to the supermarket and home:-)

• Posted

Alright, I will try to seek medical attention. Thank you for letting me know that there is a strong chance it isint cancer
  • Posted

Good morning my young friend.  We are here to help you.  I don't think you have cancer.  but you may have a infection or it could be prostatitis.  That you can get at any age.  What you need to to is go see a urologist to fine out what the problem .  Give him a urine sample and they can tell by that.  The burning and light pain sometime a problem going to the bathroom. That are signs of a infections.  Your young.  You need to get some help before it gets worse.  We are here for you anytime  Let us know  Ken 

• Posted

I'm not a doctor.

First, go to urologist. Examine your prostate. Urinary PSA test.

Urine culture. If negative, don't take cipro.

Ultrasound in search of kidney stone in ureter.

Search for hemorrhoids too.

If all negative, perhaps you have a too tight pelvic floor (with many names: levator ani syndrome, prostatodynia, nonbacterial prostatitis, and so on).

Them, NOT too much sitting, relax, relax, exercise for relax pelvic floor, not kegels, keep well hidrated (2 l/day). Anxiety make it worse. Don't worry. Relax.

A physiotherapist is your best friend for this.

Good luck!.

• Posted

Are you in the UK? As getting to see a urologist here has to be through your GP and takes forever. Our American friends here can get things done much more quickly.
    • Posted

Well for now it's easy to get.in to see a uro. If the gov has its way we'll have socialize medicine also.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.