19 year old, Sudden thump heart beat and anxiety, should I be worried?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi,

So march 2015 to about september 2015 was probably the worst period of my life. It all started with a bad sleep pattern that led to heart palpitations and I sudddenly got huge anxiety I really could'nt live the way I wanted too. But I had tests throughout and they said that my heart does show arrhythmia but then I had a lot more tests in a different hospital in august and they said everything was fine but I had a huge defficiency in Vitamin D. I then had an injection and was on tablets for a few weeks and it's turned out to be alright. I've had a heart palpitations now and then but my anxiety has reduced but sometimes my anxiety in a bad way just comes back! Anyways, just randomly yesterday for example for the first time ever yesterday I was just sitting down on my laptop and my heart had just had the biggest beat it was like a big thump at about 1 in the morning so obviuskly that led to me getting anxious but I slept for quite a bit but today just feels a bit irregular or that might just be anxiety. But anyways, I can describe the old palpitations and anxiety in huge detail but it's too long.

This big thump heart beat that happened last night should I be worried, it's never happened before. Also, I will be going out tommorow night and be drinking a good bit of alcohol and alcohol I don't have that frequently at all last time I drank was over 2 months ago

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Are you drinking caffienne drinks? Dont. That will make those thumps. I dont think you should go out drinking. Can you go and have fun without drinking. Just say your belly is off but you want to go and have fun just the drinking thing wont play out well. Try very hard nit to go into the past and replay what anxiety feels like it will only cause you misery. You need sleep too. Already you are up at 1am so your sleep is off. The body heals nicely with proper sleep. You really cant expect to treat your body poorly then want it to act all healthy so keep that in mind. If it continues to hapoen you will need to see your doctor.
    • Posted

Hey Lisa, 

I don't drink caffeine at all I actually hate it! I have to drink to really enjoy it if i'm honest and it's one night, I've been drunk twice this year and haven't been drunk since July and i've had one pint of beer seince then. Yep, my sleeping pattern has been really bad, the past two years i've barely slept before 11. I'm going to try sleep before 12 for the next 2 weeks, any food that you would reccomend me eating?

• Posted

Stop drinking man, it's bad for the liver and your health. Not saying that you can't but if you're having all these symptoms, then start living healthy and don't be complacent to anything. Remember health is life, without health, we are nothing. Love yourself, live your life, stay healthy.

Not forgetting that you might have a minor anxiety which will increase more by drinking alcohol, caffeine etc. Make the right choices and you will be on your way to being healthy. 😊

• Posted

Hey Hafiz, 

Bro, I barely drink at all I've been drunk since twice this year and I've had one pint of beer since July. I don't drink caffeine at all too! 

• Posted

Hey man, in similar situation to you, I have a slight arrythmia that is brought on by panic, the more under control my brain is the more under control my heart is, it's not dangerous but if your gonna drink I wouldn't drink loads, just keep it to a few, also the thumps are normal dude trust me, I get em a few times a day, nothing to be worried about, if it persists and yu are worried go see a cardiologist but bro I promise your gonna be fine.

• Posted

Thanks Gary, I've never had a thump before so it just had me worrying.

• Posted

Hey Lovely,

Do not worry I know exactly how you feel!

Having anxiety comes with so many ups and downs and because we always think about things so so much it gives us that panicky feeling. 

I had chest pains for about a month and I got really scared, I went to the doctors sayign I so have something wrong with me LIKE I HAVE to! I made my own self sick and feeling crap by over thinking that I had something. 

I went to the doctors had blood tests and an ESG and it came back super normal. 

When we get anxiety, even if we don't feel anxious always we can still get symptoms of anything anxiety related and then it scares us because we think oh but where did this come from I am fine and I felt normal today etc. 

Trust me, it can happen out of no where. 

The thump you feel is normal, there is no way at your age it is anything serious and go get an ESG if you really are worried but I can assure you that you are fine. 

I would say no drinking and coffee. I have cut out alcohol and caffeine because it makes you way too anxious. 

I hope I have helped you feel a little bit better and the best way to get through it is to not think its something serious and do something to take your mind off it because eventually a few days will turn into a year and years and you will look back and say I worried for no reason. 

• Posted

Hey Savvana, I really appreciate the reply and it made me smile smile!

I don't drike caffeine at all, I actually hate tea and coffee! I thought i'm over anxiety as at the highest point, I couldn't even go to places by myself or stay at home by myself but little stuff like anxiety has come back. With Alcohol, this 2016, I have been drunk like twice once in March and once in July and I had a pint of beer a couple weeks ago and none since July.

• Posted

You do not need to worry about the thump.

Your heart tests were all normal.

Are you crazy - going out with the intention of drinking a good bit of alcohol???

I give up.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.