19 years old and still wet the bed

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm 19 years old and have been bedwetting since I was a kid. I did see a therapist for it, and he said to use an alarm. I hate alarms, and even if I use one, I'll pee a few hours after the alarm goes off and such. They say not to drink before bed, but I've tried stopping drinking a few hours before bed and I'll still wet the bed. I've had random days and periods when it'll stop, but I can't tell what stopped it. I do get up to pee, but I'll have already have peed myself beforehand most of the time. The other night I peed 6 times in one night(some I got up, other times I was half asleep and didn't make it. I don't know what to do anymore. Does anyone have any advice?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

can you ask you gp to refer to to a urologist that who I am seeing. have to tried pelvic floor exercises

• Posted

Have you did medical check for diabetes, hormonal unbalance, urodynamic, constipation?

Is it something happened always since you were born, without any accident for more than 6 months straight?

How do you feel mainly in the everyday life, happy, depressed...?

To give you some advice (and since I can totally relate, I really would help you) we need some more information.

• Posted

Hi,

I haven't checked for any of those. Since I was born, I think? I don't recall if I did it in kindergarten and stuff but the earliest I recall is 8. I could be happier yeah. I'm on vacation right now and been feeling a little better but I've been blah cause I've been tired and haven't done much besides go to class. I have anxiety too. The longest I recall going without an accident was a couple months but I don't what I did different. For the most part, I wet the bed everyday except for a few lucky nights.

One more thing though-I didn't wet the bed at my dorm this year? Well a few times I did but the most part I was able to get up to pee. The first semester at the dorm I did though? I would have expected myself to pee myself cause sometimes I drank coffee late to do homework.

I am female if that helps btw

• Posted

(I did still have accidents when I came home though)

• Posted

Sorry for the late reply, I forgot . If you have ups and downs periods it could depend on a mix of factors, something like days with weaker bladder, more anxiety, deeper sleep...all together, that brings accidents. Maybe if just only one of this factor is missing than you haven't accidents, and this could be the reason it's hard to understand what is the cause, because it's not just only one.

Anyway I'm not a doctor, I've just some experience, so I strongly suggest you to have an appointment with an urologist. How is your situation now? Is it getting better? Have you made any test for what I wrote in the previous message?

I would like to help you more, I hope it's going better for you.

• Posted

Thanks! Unfortunately I haven't, I'd go to a urologist but I don't have any health insurance. It's not getting any better I'm afraid, peeing almost everyday(at home now). It feels even more confusing now, cause I know you suggested deeper sleep which makes sense but one of my lucky nights recently I had a nice nights sleep with no wakeups(in general not just to be). Lighter or deeper sleep doesn't seem to make a difference for me.

• Posted

Bumping my old thread-

21 now, nothing is helping. I finally saw a urologist though, first I tried oxybutinin and now I'm taking desmopressin, neither of which has worked. It's depressing, and I've even been getting diaper rash which is painful. Also, my PCD told me to stop drinking water at 3 p.m, and I tried that for awhile but it didn't make a difference. I don't know how I was peeing so much when I wasn't drinking for six hours. Where does the liquid come from??? Also, the amount I'm drinking doesn't seem to matter because I've had lucky nights where I've drank before bed and I didn't wet it. Maybe I need to do kegels or something, but I've tried so many things and now it's just become a regular part of life. Any advice?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.