19 years old terrified of dying drs think I have health anxiety

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello there my name is Alex I’m 19 years old a mother of 3 little boys. I’ve been dealing with “anxiety” for the last 7-8 months it’s severe. I always think I’m on the verge of dying or having a terrible disease based on my symptoms. I always think there’s something wrong with my heart even tho I’ve been worked up with various test and all have been normal. Now I think I have a abdominal aortic aneurysm cause of my dull breath taking pain in my abdomen and I can feel my pulse at all times. I am 19 years old 5’4 weigh 120 pounds. Please help ☹️

1 like, 29 replies

29 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Oh Alex, I'm so sorry for the anxiety you're feeling. Have you spoken to a counselor/psychiatrist to help you find some medications that will help you with your anxiety? I suffer from it also and often have times when my heart seems to be beating out of my chest. During these attacks, I become overwhelmed and sometimes have problems breathing.

Not that I wouldn't suggest you seek medical care in these situations, but chances are that you're having an anxiety attack/panic attack and there ARE meds out there for that.

I'm currently taking Venlaxifin for my depression; and then Gabapentin and Lorazepam for my anxiety. All seem to work well together and I have few anxiety attacks anymore. When I do, I usually take my Gabapentin and Lorazepam, relax a bit..and I'm fine again.

You're not crazy by any means as the body has a way of telling you when it's overwhelmed and you need to slow down.

Since various tests have come back normal regarding your heart, I'm almost positive it's anxiety..in addition to feeling your pulse all the time. Another suggestion I have is to stay off Web MD as you're merely self diagnosing. I know it's very scary in your situation, and although not a doctor, I feel that the pain in your abdomen may be because of severe anxiety. Again..feeling your heart rushing and your pulse at all times; you very well may be a victim of severe anxiety.

Please check with your MD, or at least go to a counselor that can hook you up with a good psychotherapist who will write you prescriptions for anxiety if you so need them. Psychotherapists are MD's specializing in conditions such as yours and will set you on the right track.

Good luck to you and God Bless!!

• Posted

Thank u Katie for taking the time to reply to my post. And the medicine I was given is aterax and lorazepam also I hate them both because they make me feel super dizzy and sleepy 😕😕 and yes everyone tells me it’s anxiety and it’s always a new symptom. When I don’t think I have a blood clot I think it’s heart attack or stroke ect. Now I think I have an abdominal aortic aneurysm I’m 19 and I hate feeling this way 😞

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.