1st day of the tablets

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi all i have taken my first orlistat tablet today and im scared stiff after reading the side effects on the packet! but im gonna give it a go. it has helped reading some of the comments on here so if anyone has any advice for me would be greatly appreciated. i will keep u updated on how i get on.

claire x

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi & welcome Claire,

My advice would be to drink plenty of water and read the labels on foods to keep to foods under 5gms of fat per 100gms and and take a tablet at every meal even if you are not having much fat - like breakfast.

Also you might have to start buying more loo paper and i find the baby wipes or the moist toilet tissue is a god send if 've been a bit naughty :oops: :wink:

Register with MAP who will then send you out lots of information to help you and will also ring you every couple of weeks to check your progress and you can ask them any questions you don't get answered on here.

Good luck and keep in touch with your progress.

Jane

• Posted

Hi,

I am also on 1st day and would like some more information on what i can do to really help myself on these tablets, i am slowly coming round to the idea but it was such a shock when my doctor started talking about obesity and that i have to do somthing now (blood pressure sky high etc). i would love to be in touch with others who are in the same boat... i have not been able to tell anyone as i feel its not an easy subject for me to openly discuss. I also keep seeing about MAP? how do i get on to it as i dont know.

Well good luck to all trying this and i hope i manage to get through the next week! xx Andrea

• Posted

Hi Andrea,

Ring 08007317138 ro register with MAP. They are really helpful and send out lots of info to help as well.

It's not eay to talk about with your friends and family so you can always post on here and we all know what happens anyway so it's easier for us to be sympathetic with you.

Good luck and keep posting.

Jane

• Posted

I was scared too when I was prescribed the tablets, but if you stick to a low fat diet and drink plenty of water, the side effects will be kept at bay, MAP are really good and give you lots of advice.

Good Luck

Gill

• Posted

Hi, thanks for the replies i have phoned map and registered on the web and feel much more positive so thankyou. things are not too good with everything thats going on in my personel life and and feel that this website is going to help keep me going so thanks to all who contribute and share their experiences and tips... good luck to all, we are all in the same boat! (even if the life jacket doesnt fit me yet.. lol) xxxx Andrea
  • Posted

well i have been on the tablets now sice weds and i feel fine no accidents although i have been good ! until tonight that is i had a chinese but i had boiled rice and chicken and veggies so pretty healthy i suppose only time will tell if my other end agrees lol good luck to all new starters i will register with map next week and get some tips have had a few headaches so ive been trying to drink plenty of water i seem to b ok now x claire x
  • Posted

Hi Claire,

we started our tablets on the same day... how are doing with them? I think i must be doing ok as have no side effects or accidents, but i dont feel or look like any loss yet but i suppose a week is a bit early to tell, not sure how i will feel when it comes to my 1st weigh in. Hope things are going well for you.

Andrea

• Posted

hi andrea

im doing ok so far i can already tell i have lost some my trousers are very loose all of a sudden! and i have done nothing but wee the past week i usaully tend to lose alot of water in my 1st week of dieting. i seem to be curbing my cravings for crisps by eating walkers baked and they seem to be doing ok for me still not sure about fat content per meal when u getting weighed? let me know how u get on.

Claire xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.