1st day on flu

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello everyone

I've started flu from today even though my doc prescribed it well over a week ago. I didn't take it before cos I was having some dental work done.

What's the best time to take flu? From reading this site I think most people say mornings.

Anway, take care all.

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

welcome to the machine behappy :ok:

yep, mornings are best as with most folks fluoxetine tends to give them a 'lift' it's not a good idea to stimulate the brain at bedtime :wink: :shock:

keep us posted on how you go and dont hesitate to post any questions/doubts you have, good luck and take care :mrgreen:

cheers,

Ken ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ :cheers: :rainbow:

• Posted

Hi Behappy.Hi Psycohchief.I agree that morning seems a better time for most.I too find that I do not sleep very well if I take it at night.Trial and error I think is best.Good Luck and well done for taking the step to being Happy Behappy.Love P xxx smile
  • Posted

hi psychochief and pinky

thanks for replying and the welcome. Yeh, I've been taking the flu in the morning. This morning after taking the flu I felt extremely tired and had to sleep for a couple of hours. Is this normal? I don't like sleeping in the mornings and I know it must be the flu. I know flu takes a while to kick in and the side effects are suppose to wear off after about 6 weeks - so they say. But, I suppose everyone is different and only time will tell how long it takes to work for me.

I hope everyone feels better, we're all here for each other and i think that's really great cos sometimes it's so difficult explaining things to people who don't suffer from depression.

Take care all

• Posted

Hi behappy

Welcome. I've been on flu over a year now and take it in the morning. I do clearly remember that the first few weeks i felt extremely tired each morning but it did fade and i felt more alive as time went on. So i do think its \"normal\" to feel like that. I used to get up, take flu, do a few bits i had to do then lie down again. As soon as i saw my bed i was just drawn to it, it was a strange feeling.

Hope you're feeling okay

Sam x

• Posted

Hi all.Although the bed kept calling me I found it done me alot of good to go back to sleep and except it as part of the treatment.I found that alot of my trouble is caused by thinking too much so switching off has to be a good thing.It does pass though,so dont worry you will spend the rest of your time in bed.If you had a visible illness and was hospitalized for a while you would be in bed sleeping most of it,so look at the rest time as healing time as depression,anxiety,stress and all the other horrible symproms of this \"REAL\" illness leave your body needing time to heal itself.Thats my excuse for going back to bed anyway,and I am sticking to it!!! :lol: And if you take a bar of choclate,good book and a nice cuppa I find this helps alot too :wink: Hope you are all ok.Take care.Love P xxx
  • Posted

I meant to say you will NOT spend the rest of your time in bed.sorrrrrry :?
  • Posted

hi SamB, Pinky and everyone.

Thanks for the advice, I'm going to try and keep that in mind to help me get through. I slept most of yesterday except part of the afternoon which I spent watching 'The Saint'. I'm up this morning to see the kids off to school and I'll be off to bed again. I hope I can be patient and get through this until I start to feel 'alive' again.

I'm feeling awfully low and my body feels so weak and heavy as if I'm being dragged down by rocks. I'm also having light headedness and dizzy spells, will that pass?

thanks

• Posted

Hi Behappy

Your body feeling weak and heavy totally makes sense to me, thats exactly how i felt for about 2-3 weeks at the beginning of taking flu. I really don't know how i carried my heavy body down the stairs in the morning and going back up again was a nightmare. I also had the light headedness and dizziness, that did pass, after about 2 weeks i think. I also suffered from the shakes, do you? I still do now very occassionally.

Don't beat yourself up about going back to bed once you've seen the kids off to school. You've done your bit and done very well getting them ready and off. Things will get better. I know at the moment it probably seems that they won't but hang in there. Take it day by day.

Keep us all posted

Take care

Sam x

• Posted

Hi Sam.Hi Behappy.I went back to bed again this morning after seeing the kids off and thoroughly enjoyed it-Alone I might add!!I have said it before I know,but you must give yourself time to heal and going back to bed is good as you can switch off that mind that is the cause of our illness.In time the side effects do subside.Lightheaded,shakes and all that a nightmare for me too.I am now dreaming very vivid dreams and having hot sweats.I too am waiting to feel alot better for longer periods.I know it will come as it did the last time I took Flu and I felt BLOODY FANTASTIC (most of the time anyway).Keep posting your thoughts good or bad cus you are not alone and there is always someone to listen and understand.I have made some ggod friends on here and I have never even met them!!Take care.Love P xxx smile
  • Posted

Hi SamB, Pinky and everyone

Yes, I also am getting the shakes. Well, you've both made me feel that there is hope that things will get better. It's so easy in the early stages to come off the meds.

Thanks

• Posted

Hi Behappy

I still hate getting the shakes but its gone from everyday, almost all day to about once a month for a few hours. Thank goodness.

It is easy to come off the meds at the beginning because you are so very desperate to get better and you just can't wait. Its so very hard to accept that flu takes time to get into your system. I really thought i'd never get better but i have and now hope to stop taking them next week (been weening off for about 4 months now).

Keep with it.

Sam xx

• Posted

Hi Sam

How long have you been on flu for? And how long it take for you to start feeling better?

Thanks x

• Posted

Hi Behappy

I've been on flu since March last year. I started to feel that they were working about 5 or so weeks after starting them. Still had bad days then but mostly good ones. After being on them about 9 months i felt like me, saying that, at about 6 months i was feeling quite good. Problem is my problem that led me to going on flu hasn't gone. That hasn't helped. I think i just deal with it a bit better. Hope that makes some sense. It does seem so hard at the beginning but it will get better. You have to be patient and that is one thing that is not easy.

Hope your feeling okay today

Sam x

• Posted

Hi behappy

morning work best for me. I have found in the past that taking them at night affected my sleep even more than usual.

Good luck and be patient x :D

• Posted

Hi Sam and Emily's mum

Thanks for the advice. I understand what you're saying Sam, it all makes sense. I don't think my problem will go away but, I think the flu may help me to get on with my life better. I'm really happy for you and hope things work out for you. I really do appreciate the support.

take care X :D

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.