1st day taking Zoloft" how long til I feal normal

Posted , 4 users are following.

does anyone know ..I took my first pill and about 2 hours later I had anxiety attack and diarrhea...now my anxiety is sky rocketed..can anyone who takes this stuff tell me what to expect..

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi, Mitch:  First of all, it takes a while to get into your system, and it is a new drug being introduced to your body, so with time, you will most likely get used to it and you will begin to feel normal once again, however, be sure to let your doctor know the symptoms you are having so he/she can adjust the dosage to suit your needs.  I hope you feel better soon...I went through the same thing when I began taking antidepressants for the first time....HUGS.
  • Posted

Any type of medication for anxiety takes time to get into your system I am taking sertraline and they say it can take between 4-6 weeks before you see any benefit from it, also one of the known side effects of any tablets for anxiety is that it makes your symptoms 10 times worse before it starts to get better it's just a case of believing it's the tablets that are heightening your anxiety (easier said than done I know) if you can stick with them but things will get worse (if that's possible) there is no quick fix, I've been struggling for a long time it's only now that I might have to believe what the doctors say that it is health anxiety! I hope things settle for you soon x
  • Posted

Thanks everyone I just took my second one so here goes..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.