1st Dressing change Yay!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone, am now 7 days post surgery. Had my dressing changed today and sooo nice to have my foot cleaned. Nurse said had some bleeding but everything looked fine.New bandage much more comfortable not so tight. Told to keep foot elevated as this is key to recovery. Foot still painful especially getting up for a trip to the loo but have cut back on painkillers which is good. Back to hospital next week for dressing change,x-Ray and a chat with doctor to monitor progress. Hopefully heading in the right direction

Here,s hoping everyone has pain free happy feet very soon!!xxx

2 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi It is nice to have the nurse changed the bandage.  I had to do it myself.  The dr tol me to wash it everyday with soap.  I was so scare to do it  myself.  The dressing was so hard to do it but I managed.  Do they tell you 4 how lmany days you have to elevate the foot.  
    • Posted

Hello,

i elevated my foot for the first 2 weeks all of the time. Now I just do it occasionally more towards the end of the day when the foot feels tired.

have no idea where this fracture came from. I have been so careful.

the nurse still changes my dressing once a week. Am hoping the dressing and bandage will come off on my next visit which will be 4 weeks. Still feels sore though and my big toe is really stiff. Doctor has suggested physio to get movement back.

hope this helps.😀😀xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.