1st Hospital Appointment this week

Posted , 5 users are following.

For a few years now I have been experiencing painful/sore joints (or muscles) - I don't know for sure.  It can be allover my body and is def worse in morning.

I wake up feel worse than when I go to bed and no matter how much sleep I have I feel like crap.  Its like someone has kicked me allover and I ran a marathon and dug a garden the day before - I feel shattered.

Today for example my hands and forearms ache and my left arm is weak and pretty much always sore.  I also have aching in my cheek bones and get headaches.

Do I fit any sort of RA profile - Im just plain confused and if honest a little scared.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I think most of us with arthritis of some sort feel worse in the morning than the evening before, and fatigue is, unfortunately, part of arthritis.

Your rheumatologist will, hopefully, give you the necessary help/advice you need.

The other sufferers on this site will also help.  If in doubt - ask!  There is always someone to listen/advise/commiserate.

Good luck!  Regards from Constance.

• Posted

It does definitely sound as if you have some sort of autoimmune arthritis - but there are quite a few so you'll have to wait for the rheumatologist to decide which. Some of what you describe could fit with a couple of things - but without far more details no-one here could name anything specific. 

There is no need to be scared - managed properly you will feel better than you do now. There aren't cures for any of these things but with good management they often go into remission for long periods or you don't suffer too much with the symptoms. Part of that management is up to you though - pacing and resting are essential. It doesn't mean just sitting in a corner, exercise is important too.

Do come back and tell us what the doctor decides you have - though it may take more than just that one appointment for them to come to a conclusion. There will be various tests they will want to do. Good luck.

• Posted

i think we are all at our worse in the morning 
  • Posted

Thank you all - I will report back after Thursday
  • Posted

Generally RA don't hurt as bad when you wake but get worst as the day goes. Like I wake up stiff and numb, can't make a fist, walk like I need a cane even if it's a good day and I can tell it's in my bones cause they crackle and pop, which make the muscles sore. As the day goes where I stand or sit all day I hurt more n more then just start all over. Yours could be that I'm not sure, everyone is different, but never heard if anyone hurting in the cheek bones. Sorry sad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.