Skip to content

Rheumatoid Arthritis

New discussion Join group Also known as Arthritis - Rheumatoid

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

• sia34716 3

RA and omrga 6

Dear all, I'm read in the forum a lot are taking evening primrose oil which helots in their RA. But I also read about diet which is high in omrga 6 can actually cause inflamation . I'm bit confused here if I should be taking epo. I'm taking fish oil which is high in omega 3 and epo which is high

0 replies 0 votes Reply to sia34716

All discussions in this group

Next
  • stella2 M
    Pinned

Free British Science Week event for RA patients on 13 March

Hi everyone We've been contacted by the British Science Association to ask if we could let patients with RA know about a free event being held in Oxford on 13 March, which they are organising as part of British Science Week.  The event is in collaboration with the Nuffield Department of Orthopaedics,...

3 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • missfifi 2

Anti CCP Antibody Level

I am currently awaiting appointment to see a Rheumatology Consultant as my GP considers that my symptoms and blood results point to RA.  (I have already been diagnosed with OA in my hip and neck/shoulder area).  The suspected RA is affecting my hands and feet.  At a recent GP appointment I was

4 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Clynn 2

T25 with Shaun T and RA

I've been reading so many reviews about people with RA and doing this workout, modifying to fit their needs, and it making them feel so much better and having so much more energy. I know I have to be careful at the same time. Beginning tomorrow evening, I'm going to begin my new adventure with

5 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • sumita 53403 1
  • timothy11402 3

Oral health and RA

Something I have learned is how important oral health is for a person with RA. I developed an abcess due to an ancient molar that cracked all the way through but was not detected due to a crown that was installed several years ago that hid the damage. So my periodontist "pulled" the molar (actually

6 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • yvonne 79570 2

opinions advice help

I recently attended my appointment and met a new rheumatologist my usual one had retired.  Mentioned I was still very fatigued and he suggested a Steriod injection, said I would start to notice an improvement after 3 to 4 days lasting for maybe a month.  His words were I would be running around. However,...

23 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Ted12345 2

Tired

I was officially diagnosed with RA in December. I have has 2 infections since the last landed me in the hospital for 4 days 3 in my rhuatoid arthritis Dr. Lowered my medicine to build up my immune system. The pain level is close to intolarable. I called her but she is on vacation until

2 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • kellyl227 2

RA and Foot Surgery Advice Needed

It was just recommended to me to have 2 pan metatarsal resections on each foot and toes 2-5 fused due to hammertoes on each foot. The pain from the dislocations has gotten worse recently and so I am considering it. I am also understanding of the fact that the disease and medications taken for it

• Clynn 2

Energy with RA

Good morning to all! ☺ I am wondering what you guys do to gain some energy having RA. Seems I am always so tired. Vitamin levels are fine. Thanks for your kindness and suggestions! Have a blessed day☺

• guinivere 2

unrelenting joint pain

Hi I'm on Methotrexate injections my joints seem to be getting 's no let up on the pain.I was away Easter and was poorly.I couldn't move,my joints were so bad I couldn't get up out a chair etc without help as not only my joints were seizing up, but my hands were so bad i couldnt

9 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • sia34716 3

RA and omrga 6

Dear all, I'm read in the forum a lot are taking evening primrose oil which helots in their RA. But I also read about diet which is high in omrga 6 can actually cause inflamation . I'm bit confused here if I should be taking epo. I'm taking fish oil which is high in omega 3 and epo which is high

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • jane62726 2

Weather

Does the fluctuations in the weather affect people's RA? I was under the impression that weather fluctuations didn't have much affect on RA. But a couple people now have told me it does. Although I highly suspect they only heard the word Arthritis when I actually said I have Rheumatoid

3 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • martin31040 3

Benepali

Hi, just after some info, I have just been informed that I've been prescribed Benepali, anyone with experience of this drug ?, thanks for any feedback.

• Marydoll68 1
  • goggi 3

Orencia injection

Hi all, Will be starting this injection today. Diagnosed in 2010, currently on MTX, Plaquenil, Sulphasalazine. Previously tried Enbrel and Simponi. My bloods have always all been normal apart from Rh factor and ANA. For those of you who are familiar with this med I'm just wondering what's the

• sonya78375 2

Sunburn and Methotrexate

Hi, I have been diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis and have just started on methotrexate.  The packet says protect yourself from sunshine - just wondering if anyone has experience of effects of sun when you are on methotrexate?  I understand that if it works then I could be on it for years and years,...

30 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • tony35673 3

Anyone else with psoriatic arthritis?

After trying a plethora of drugs with no success the Rheumatologist changed his diagnosis from RA to PA and started me on cosentyx.   I'm into my third week on the new drug and it seems to be working - ever so slightly. So, it appears I have PA rather than RA, luckily I don't have psoriasis  I

6 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • colourmyworld 2

Do these symptoms sound familiar to anyone?

I am being referred to a rheumatologist and want to check if my symptoms sound familiar to anyone? The major problem I have struggled with is crazy fatigue for about 5 years now, originally I was told I was low in iron and that was the only explanation given even after I had been on iron pills

21 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • lizk91 2

Blergh days

I'm on 20mg mtx and take folio acid every other day. Although my joints and pain have greatly improved, I still have days where I feel woeful. I feel tired, lethargic, nauseous, and have sensitive sore muscles! Does anyone else still have these days?

• lorraine080455 2

Anyone tried MSM?

I've recently heard about MSN (a natural organic mineral supplement from Bronze Age nutrition) It seems to have amazing results but it would be useful to have any feedback form anyone who has tried it. Thanks!

• regina25783 2

Rheumatoid Arthritis

So i had labs tested high in these rheumotoid arthitis going to a rheumotologist next week joints swell and hurt get really red and warm but i also have bad constipation is that a common symptom for RA plus dry eyes and mouth?

• rayzor 2

Attendance Allowance

I have rheumatoid arthritis which has stopped me working as a Carpenter even though I am 70 years young.  Would I be able to claim this benefit does anyone know?

• clare32950 2

Fed up!

Hello I've had blook test I'm positive anti ccp and positive rheumatoid factor both readings high. Negative ana both hands show erosions on xray. I'm waiting on ultrasound scan at beginning on may. I've got pain at Base of toes on both feet. Both big toes hurt but not in the Base or bunion area

15 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Gloria814 3

cimzia injection

For those who pray could you please add my name to your prayers today as I go for my first 2 Cimzia injections.  I am quite anxious about it.  I had side effects from the humira which caused me to go to see a cardiologist and have further testing.   I know these drugs are powerful and with many

8 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • jane62726 2

Exercise making things worse?

Since the beginning of December I've been swimming 3 times a week (nothing major 30 minutes most days with the odd hour long swim). My RA at the time was mostly just in my fingers (my hands a little too). Then it seemed to develop in my elbows, my Rheumatologist and Physio both suggested using a

• Leogirl13USA 2

Palindromic Rheumatism

Need info on this type of ailment. I need specifics on this as opposed to RA or regular arthritis. This form comes in regular episodes about 5 weeks apart. It can develop into RA. In the early stages it is not an autoimmune disease. I believe I could be developing into RA at this point. It is

12 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • timothy11402 3

palindromic rheumatoid arthritis

After about 10 years of observing my RA symptoms, my rheumatologist told me I have a fairly rare form of RA called palindromic RA. My symptoms are that the pain I experience is not necessarily symmetric ( both wrists) but may occur on one side. Also, pain and swelling travels around in my body.

44 replies 2 votes Last reply
  • Ted12345 2

Remicade

What is the longest anyone out there has been on remicade? I just started. Also did the insurance company give you any trouble for long term use

4 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • shirlee86000 3

Methotrexate and supplements

Hi anyone who is reading this, I take a vitamin d each day and fish oil but I believe there are some supplements that can conflict with methotrexate, Immune boosting being the main culprit, my question is does anyone know if I can take probiotics

12 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • cheria 4

RA and Throat Closing/Choking

I'm wondering if anyone has had their throat close up when eating certain minds of food? My throat has closed up creating much mucous and closing of my throat, and not being able to breath. There is little ability for my throat muscles to eject the food, as it closes shut, and not being able to breath,...

15 replies 2 votes Last reply
  • ebonyrose1996 2

Rheumatoid Arthritis high liver fuction

Hi, Can anyone tell me what there normal bilirubin test range is? Mines high but i dont know what is too high and its making me nervous. I am on 20mg of mtx weekly by injection and 400mg of plaquenil daily ( one tablet twice a day). I have been vomiting for the past 4 weeks on and off, guessing

• freda11635 2

Gold injections

Hi everyone. After responding to recent posts and also reading posts it made me think of my own course of medication tablets etc. Not the actual drugs themselves but the time period. I was wondering what exactly is the time limit ( if there is one) for gold injections? I am on 50mg of myocrysin a

• rosalind86239 1
  • sharon02757 1

Probiotics for RA

has anyone taken PROBIOTIC WITH MULTIPLE STRAINS AND AT LEAST 20 BILLION COLONY FORMING UNITS for their RA?  If so has it helped?

• bmelony 2

Do others have this?

Hi there. I would appreciate any help as this constant joint pain in my hand and wrist and occasional foot and elbows is really driving me loopy. I've not been diagnosed with anything as yet and have a Rheum appt in 6 weeks although they did find i had Vit D deficiency. I've taken 6 weekly doses

Back to top Next

Forums Terms & Conditions