Skip to content

Rheumatoid Arthritis

Also known as Arthritis - Rheumatoid

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

• sulfasalazine for RA

I have seronegative RA and also crohns bowel autoimmune disease.   Had to come off Cimzia and Humira and couldn't tolerate methotrexate .   Has anyone just taken the sulfsalazine and no other drug for RA and it has helped with pain and inflammation?   Gastro Md doesn't...

All discussions in this group

Next
  • sulfasalazine for RA

I have seronegative RA and also crohns bowel autoimmune disease.   Had to come off Cimzia and Humira and couldn't tolerate methotrexate .   Has anyone just taken the sulfsalazine and no other drug for RA and it has helped with pain and inflammation?   Gastro Md doesn't...

Posted
  • night time burning legs

Hi, i really don't know if this is associated with RA or not but this only occurs at night from12 - 7am. I feel like my blood within my legs is on fire. Does anyone know what this is? Many thanks

Last reply
  • Bone erosion of sternomanubrial joint - please help

Hi,  I am a 20 year old male who has often kept reasonably fit, however as of recent I have been absolutely debilitated due to quite an abrupt and significant erosion of the sternomanubrial joint within my chest. The pain began subtly around 6 months ago, however become rapidly acute in severity...

Last reply
  • Should I start Methotrexate .

My wife was recently diagnosed with RA by rheumatologist after blood test, x rays of both wrist and MRI of left wrist to confirm.  She was taking levothyroxine for 6-8 years. Some how her HYPOTHYROIDISM slowly turned into HYPERTHYROIDISM, (may be because of autoimmune disease) and now she takes...

Last reply
  • What biologic drug to choose?

I have sero negative arthritis and have had it for years. I have done the methotrexate for 2 years and it worked well for my arthritis but was making me sick at least 2 days of every week. Since then I am taking Sulfasalazine and Leflunomide every day. It has been working up to about a month ago, now...

Last reply
  • Negative Rheumatoid Factor Test

Hi All recently had bloods done for Rheumatoid arthritis. Had Rheumatoid Factor test done and ecr test. Both have come back negative. Now waiting to hear from gp about transfering me to see a rheumatologist. Have Oa for about 10 years and also Fibromyaglia. My arthirits had become worse and several...

Last reply
  • Been in Methotrexate for 3 1/2 months

Hi new here was diagnosed with RA about a year ago tried salfalazine but got sickness with it, have been on Methotrexate and Hydroxychloroquine and folic acid the Meths are injections for 3 1/2 months but still got lots of swelling and pain. Had several courses of steroids which do help but having to...

Last reply
  • RADIOSYNOVECTOMY -YYTRIUM INJECTION

Hi there, im due to have an Yytrium injection into both of my knees, in about 6 weeks time.  Has anyone had one before and can shed some light on things such as recovery time or success rate as there isn't much information out there for patients.  Im only 28 and used to play sport to quite...

Last reply
  • Worried because I have to change to a generic med for RA

Hi!  I've been on a medication called Arava for 18 years for RA.  I have had great success with this drug.  My insurance company has decided not to cover it anymore and is making me take the generic lefluminoide.  Does anyone out there take  this drug for their RA?  I...

Last reply
  • PIP

Hi, I have a PIP interview next week and im getting anxious already, what am I to expect? Jo

Last reply
  • Coming off Steroids

I've been on steroids since last September as I had couple bad flare ups. I had a Ritucimab infusion in August and I'm also on 15mls Methotrexate injections. My Rheumatologist started me on tapering in February 12.5. then march 10 then 5 then 2.5,But since I've been on 2.5ive been feeling...

Last reply
  • Struggling emotionally with flare ups.

I was diagnosed with RA in 2010 and initially devasted but got my head around it and moved on. Hate taking the medication but resigned to it. I was very lucky for 7 years in that I remained relatively well. Not always sure if I am prescribed the best medication or the cheapest. Over last year I have...

Last reply
  • Humira Newbie

Hello, just started Humira today and hope I am successful with it.i have RA and have tried many things . This time I’m going with a cocktail of methotrexate and humira . Anyone who has any feedback on how long before I see any results is greatly appreciated. Actually any advice  on treating RA  is...

Last reply
  • Sleeping issues

I wake up every nite around 3:30 am w/ pain and restlessness. I am hoping Humira will help alleviate this for me . Does anyone else suffer from disturbed sleeping😫

Last reply
  • Started running course and experiencing aches

Hi- was diagnosed sero negative rheumatoid arthritis in 2014. Went on methrotrexate for 13 months and then came off to conceive third child. Since having baby (nearly 2 years old) have been flare up free. Just started a runnning course called 'couch to 5k' where new runners gradually build up...

Last reply
  • Been taking Leflunomide now for 2 months

Hello to the world been taking Leflunomide now for 2 months after being on different other one before which give me lung infections twice could anybody out there tell me if they had problems like being sick feeling bad all the time etc due to taking tablets like methotrexate sulfasalazine are anything...

Last reply
  • Benepali side effects

Hello fellow sufferers          I 've just started Benepali injections. After 2 doses I'm feeling 'light headed' as if I'm drunk and also have been getting 'Tension headaches nausea and low a do pain. Is this 'par for the course' ? Has anyone else...

Last reply
  • weight

I was wondering if the RA community out there has had any issues with weight gain when on meds such as methotrexate or any other biologics? I seem to be gaining weight for no apparent reason and I don’t know why, diet the same and exercise has been increased as far as cardio is concerned. Has anyone...

Last reply
  • Confused - doctor wants me to stop immunosuppressive therapy

Last summer I was diagnosed with inflammatory arthritis after years of unexplained symptoms such as pain, muscle weakness, dry eyes and fatigue. I had been to many doctors and had dozens of tests, but I found no answers until a few knuckles and fingers on my left hand started to visibly swell. Two months...

Last reply
  • Lymphocytosis

I have had Rheumatoid arthritis since 1988. Well controlled thankfully. After nearly 2 years of blood tests bone marrow tests I have finally got a diagnosis of   (T-LGL)   aka T-cell large granular lymphocytosis. I had low white neutrophil count anaemia low grade fevers. As a result...

Last reply
  • Just diagnosed

Hi been diagnosed with R A since January just started treatment with Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate 10 days ago, l was told it takes 12wks to kick in, my finger joints in right hand today are swollen and my finger tips have severe tingling is this normal

Last reply
  • Actemra

Wondering if anyone has experience being on Actemra - alone without any additional meds (like MTX). I'm on Enbrel, but its causing psoriasis, and not controlling the RA. I can't be on MTX due to many side effects, aslo can't be on Sulfasalizine, and Plaquinel which is why I'm wondering...

Last reply
  • RA and carpal tunnel symptoms

Hiya, I have been on Naproxen and Amitriptyline for 2 years but came off them early this year due to severe side effects. The symptoms of carpal tunnel came on very fast and are really severe now 6 months later, my nerve induction tests have came back normal, is this ‘normal’ because it’s the swelling...

Last reply
  • Infection Risk

I am on Methotrexate 20mg , sufalazine prednisolone and just about to start biologics . Tonight I was in the same room as a baby who had chicken pox . I couldn’t see any spots but didn’t go close . Am I at risk of infection or just being paranoid 

Last reply
  • New to this site

I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis about a year ago. It started in my hand and is now in my foot. The doctor has me on Etodolac, sulfasalazine, hydroxychloroquine, and prednisone, and I am still in pain with my foot. She now wants to put me on Methotrexate but will not take me off of my other...

Last reply
  • Ankle pain!

Hi. I’ve been on methotrexate for just over a year which has been increased from 10mg to 20mg. I also take sulfasalazine ( excuse the spelling!) and have done so for two months. The aches in my fingers and hands is much improved, but I’m still experiencing really achy ankles every evening. It’s the front...

Last reply
  • Looking for info on Orencia

hi, I’ve been on biologics for over two years first on Cimzia then changed to Actemra now on Orencia. I had no problems with the first two but had to change from Cimzia because I could not tolerate MTX anymore and Actemra can be used as a stand alone. Unfortunately Actemra caused problems with my diverticulitis...

Last reply
  • methotrexate injection in knee.

hello, has anyone had methotrexate injection directly into the joint? I'm starting next week in my knee 10mg per week for 6 week.  no meds have helped after 3 years. my synovial membrane is 8mm thick on knee so this is there next treatment. still taking lefluomide which seems to do nothing. ...

Last reply
  • Dry violent cough started day after first methotrexate injection

First time posting in any ra forum but need some advice while I wait for rheum nurse to phone back. I was diagnosed with jia about 17 years ago (pretty much all my joints Appart from my hips and shoulders). By my mid 20s I had no flares or even morning stiffness and genuinely believed I had 'grown...

Last reply
  • Choosing not to take medication

Hi I am newly diagnosed with RA. Feeling bulldozed into taking medication with no other options offered. My instinct says NO! it can't be the only option to poison my body in such a extreme way. Has anybody else chose not to take the meds? and how do you feel ?

Last reply
  • 28 Newly Diagnosed

Hello,  I was just diagnosed with seronegative rheumatoid arthritis at 28. Came as quite a shock because I went in for what seemed like a simple swelling (no pain) in my wrist and came out with a full on RA diagnosis. My rheumy has already started me on meds (20 mg prednisone) and then in two months...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.