Skip to content

Rheumatoid Arthritis

Also known as Arthritis - Rheumatoid, Salazopyrin, Sulfasalazine for Rheumatoid Arthritis

All discussions in this group

Next
  • I am worried

I have pain in my knees. Started with heel pain. Now both heel and knee pain. I now feel pain here and there,like elbows, back pain sometimes wrist and fingers. I was advised to take an MRI.So I havetaken my right leg MRI. It shows, severe thinning of knee cartilage.bI am referred to an orthopedic. …

Last reply
  • HAS ANYONE FOUND ANY NATURAL PRODUCTS THAT HELP RA?

I was recently diagnosed with RA and am rehabbing a painful frozen shoulder. As someone who has developed products for the health and wellness markets for years, I know there are many things that help with the inflammation, such as Tumeric. I have been studying the enzymes that break down fibrin, …

Last reply
  • Really struggling with RA and its treatments...

Hello im new to this but really struggling, iv always worked hard and people use to say slow down and my answer was 'im working hard now because one day il have Grandma duties and that's when I slow dow' On my 50th birthday in August I started with pains in my right hand through t h e …

Last reply
  • Osteoporosis

Hi, I was diagnosed with Serenegative R.A.  2 years ago and after trying a few medications I am at present on Benepali injections weekly plus Steroid injections which were 3 monthly and my Reaumy Dr is trying to reduce to 6 monthly. He sent me for a bone density scan and have just been told I …

Last reply
  • Stinging feet I could cut them off

Stinging feet and ankles and super tight calf muscles., usually get micro tears in my calf .  Any exercise or pressure destroys my legs and the pain is out of this world. Just started with burning feet after two weeks ago I danced with an 80 yr old lady to one song (basic bop dancing) and …

Last reply
  • Intense burning with Enbrel

Hello !  I am new to the group and wondered if anyone is on ENBREL.  I have started the injections a few weeks ago  but unable to continue injections in my thighs or abdomen. Has anyone had the intense pain of injecting the medication in the thigh?  My friend does the injections …

Last reply
  • Dental work while on a Biologic for RA

hello, I will be having a crown put on one of my teeth next week. As you know this entails lots of drilling to get the tooth ready for the crown. I am on MTX and Oriencia infusions. When I am scheduled to have this work done I will be 2 weeks from my next infusion. Really right in the middle of my …

Last reply
  • Important Question

I am seropositve RA, type 1 diabetic and have Celiac disease. I take Plaqnuil and Methotrexate and had several months of little to no pain. Now I am experiencing pain in several places but not always on both joints. For example my right toe joint is swollen and hurts but not my left and my left …

Last reply
  • Joint inflammation Advice

Hi, My wife has Scleroderma and sero inflammatory arthritis for the last year. She is unable to bend her fingers in her left hand and from today she can not bend her thumb. The thumb also looks swollen. We are currently holidaying in Portugal so I can’t take her to A&E and as normal my local …

Last reply
  • Cellcept

I’ve talked this week about Being on Methotrexate and Humira. Today Dr took me off all that and start Cellcept twice a day an 5 mg prednisone. Has anyone had experience with Cellcept. I also have scleroderma which I was diagnosed many years ago but since RA I never had a serious problem with it.  …

Last reply
  • night time burning legs

Hi, i really don't know if this is associated with RA or not but this only occurs at night from12 - 7am. I feel like my blood within my legs is on fire. Does anyone know what this is? Many thanks

Last reply
  • Diets to help with RA inflammation?

I’ve been dealing with rheumatoid arthritis since I was  15,now for the last four years my doctor has had me on methotrexate, minocycline and celecoxib for awhile now which seems to help with most of the inflammation. I wanted to know if anyone had any diets that they follow that help reduce …

Last reply
  • Methotrexate and Humira

A month ago I posted I was starting Methotrexate. Pain and swelling was unbearable. My RH factor was very high so I was put on Humira. Just had my second injection yesterday.  I can finally say my pain is tolerable! So thankful. Swelling in hands have not gone down though. I also have …

Last reply
  • Benepali side effects,anyone else experienced these?

I was on Embrel for several years and it was amazing, I felt the difference within 2 hours of the first injection, then last year I was changed to Benepali because of the cost and was told it would be no different. First there was the itching, mainly my face, neck and scalp, when I told the …

Last reply
  • Can I take paracetamol with Methotrexate if necessary?

i have just started taking Methotrexate (after much consideration on my part) and a short course of steroids to get me started.  I have been diagnosed with RA.  As I am still a bit achy in the mornings, is it ok to take paracetamol?  I forgot to ask my consultant.  Linda

Last reply
  • Pain but bloods say no inflammation

Hello diagnosed with RA 18 months ago. Taking methotrexate. I've had several flares with hot painful joints.what I'm confused about is I sometimes get pains in joints with no inflammation showing in bloods. Aching and shooting pains in several joints but also pain in backs of heels and …

Last reply
  • Self injection methotrexate

Hi all, Well, my most recent Rheumy review ended with me starting on Sulphasalazine in addition to methotrexate. We are also weaning me off steroids..... thankfully (before I resemble a small whale!!!!) It has also been agreed I should move to self administered sub cut methotrexate. Has anyone …

Last reply
  • Enbrel. How long does it take to work?

I'm on the higher dose of Mrs and have now been put on enbrel after trying several other dmards with no success. I've only been on enbrel two weeks but I'm sure I can feel an improvement. Has anyone else had this happen or can anyone share their experiences with enbrel? Thanks.

Last reply
  • Do my fingers look arthritic

Hi all. I recently have become more aware of some symptoms I have been experiencing in both my hands that seem to be arthritis type symptoms.  I have attached some photos in hopes some of you could take a look and give me your input as to whether or not my finger joints look particular …

Last reply
  • Help with flair and limited treatment options

I have rheumatoid arthritis and until recently my symptoms have been well controlled on hydroxichloriquine and methotrexate enough to live my life reasonably fully. However in December I became unwell and after lots of tests liver scans biopsies etc I was diagnosed with cirrhosis of the liver …

Last reply
  • Starting Humira

My RA score was high so dr added Humira to my Methotrexate. Has it helped anyone? Pain returns after stopping prednisone. Don’t want  to be on it all the time. 

Last reply
  • anxiety and rheumatoid fear is killing me

Hii all. I would like to share my situation with u guys. Its been 2 months since knee pain started in my right leg. I was diagnosed with chondromalacia patella, thats ok. After 10 days of onset of pain my left knee also started pain. Well i asked few docs they said its chondromalacia and nothing …

Last reply
  • Bruising while on Humira

Hello, I have been on Humira for a couple of months now. It has happened with the RA symptoms however I noticed that I am Bruising for no reason , Also I get blood spots on my arms. Has anyone has had the symptoms while on this drug?  I was on Enbrel before for about four years  no …

Last reply
  • RA and Throat Closing/Choking

I'm wondering if anyone has had their throat close up when eating certain minds of food? My throat has closed up creating much mucous and closing of my throat, and not being able to breath. There is little ability for my throat muscles to eject the food, as it closes shut, and not being able to …

Last reply
  • Inflammation

Hi. I have been reading MTR discussion.  I have couple of friends who suffer from autoimmune disease.  They have tried different medication eg MTR and Prednisone.  These medications have been really hard on the kidneys and liver.  Because of its high toxicty some bodies can not …

Last reply
  • Ongoing pain :(

Hi all, I wrote on here suffering from severe pain around three weeks ago. I ended up speaking to my doctor who prescribed anti-inflammatory tablets and strong pain killers. I came off the additional medications a few days ago, as the pain seemed to be easing and I didn't think I should …

Last reply
  • Methotrexate

Had anyone experienced canker sores in mouth quite often while on Methotrexate?  I have been taking this drug since September 2017.  Seems that in the past month plus, I have been getting sores in my mouth more that normal.  Should I be concerned?

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.