Skip to content

Rheumatoid Arthritis

Also known as Arthritis - Rheumatoid, Salazopyrin, Sulfasalazine for Rheumatoid Arthritis

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Enbrel. How long does it take to work?

I'm on the higher dose of Mrs and have now been put on enbrel after trying several other dmards with no success. I've only been on enbrel two weeks but I'm sure I can feel an improvement. Has anyone else had this happen or can anyone share their experiences with enbrel? Thanks.

Last reply
  • Really struggling with RA and its treatments...

Hello im new to this but really struggling, iv always worked hard and people use to say slow down and my answer was 'im working hard now because one day il have Grandma duties and that's when I slow dow' On my 50th birthday in August I started with pains in my right hand through t h e months...

Last reply
  • Do my fingers look arthritic

Hi all. I recently have become more aware of some symptoms I have been experiencing in both my hands that seem to be arthritis type symptoms.  I have attached some photos in hopes some of you could take a look and give me your input as to whether or not my finger joints look particular arthritic....

Last reply
  • Help with flair and limited treatment options

I have rheumatoid arthritis and until recently my symptoms have been well controlled on hydroxichloriquine and methotrexate enough to live my life reasonably fully. However in December I became unwell and after lots of tests liver scans biopsies etc I was diagnosed with cirrhosis of the liver methotrexate...

Last reply
  • Starting Humira

My RA score was high so dr added Humira to my Methotrexate. Has it helped anyone? Pain returns after stopping prednisone. Don’t want  to be on it all the time. 

Last reply
  • anxiety and rheumatoid fear is killing me

Hii all. I would like to share my situation with u guys. Its been 2 months since knee pain started in my right leg. I was diagnosed with chondromalacia patella, thats ok. After 10 days of onset of pain my left knee also started pain. Well i asked few docs they said its chondromalacia and nothing else...

Last reply
  • Bruising while on Humira

Hello, I have been on Humira for a couple of months now. It has happened with the RA symptoms however I noticed that I am Bruising for no reason , Also I get blood spots on my arms. Has anyone has had the symptoms while on this drug?  I was on Enbrel before for about four years  no side...

Last reply
  • RA and Throat Closing/Choking

I'm wondering if anyone has had their throat close up when eating certain minds of food? My throat has closed up creating much mucous and closing of my throat, and not being able to breath. There is little ability for my throat muscles to eject the food, as it closes shut, and not being able to breath,...

Last reply
  • Inflammation

Hi. I have been reading MTR discussion.  I have couple of friends who suffer from autoimmune disease.  They have tried different medication eg MTR and Prednisone.  These medications have been really hard on the kidneys and liver.  Because of its high toxicty some bodies can not manage...

Last reply
  • night time burning legs

Hi, i really don't know if this is associated with RA or not but this only occurs at night from12 - 7am. I feel like my blood within my legs is on fire. Does anyone know what this is? Many thanks

Last reply
  • Ongoing pain :(

Hi all, I wrote on here suffering from severe pain around three weeks ago. I ended up speaking to my doctor who prescribed anti-inflammatory tablets and strong pain killers. I came off the additional medications a few days ago, as the pain seemed to be easing and I didn't think I should be...

Last reply
  • Methotrexate

Had anyone experienced canker sores in mouth quite often while on Methotrexate?  I have been taking this drug since September 2017.  Seems that in the past month plus, I have been getting sores in my mouth more that normal.  Should I be concerned?

Last reply
  • Intense burning with Enbrel

Hello !  I am new to the group and wondered if anyone is on ENBREL.  I have started the injections a few weeks ago  but unable to continue injections in my thighs or abdomen. Has anyone had the intense pain of injecting the medication in the thigh?  My friend does the injections in...

Last reply
  • Pain but bloods say no inflammation

Hello diagnosed with RA 18 months ago. Taking methotrexate. I've had several flares with hot painful joints.what I'm confused about is I sometimes get pains in joints with no inflammation showing in bloods. Aching and shooting pains in several joints but also pain in backs of heels and front...

Last reply
  • Methotrexate Timing

Hi all, Having taken advice from the fantastic folk in the forum, I had an urgent Rheumy nurse review ON Friday and have been prescribed Methotrexate. I have been advised to wait until Monday before taking it and that I should take it at tea time. I didn't think to ask why at tea time....... Can...

Last reply
  • Steroid Injection.

Two weeks ago I saw the rheumatologist. I had severe pain in my shoulder and I could hardly move my arm, pain in my knees, feet and ankles. She gave me a steroid injection in my shoulder and within 2-3 days the pain in my shoulder subsided but not only that I could walk without suffering pain in my feet...

Last reply
  • Swollen lymph node under my jaw

Hi all. Hope ye are well. Iv had RA for 4 years now. I take 25 mg of methotrexate a week. Most of the time I feel ok once I don’t have a flare. But last week I noticed quite a big lump underneath my jaw. I went to a walk in clinic near my work and he prescribed anti biotics and said it was defiantly...

Last reply
  • Methotrexate

Two weeks ago I developed a sinus infection and my doctor had me stop taking my methotrexate injection while I took the antibiotics. I skipped my weekly injection twice while finishing the antibiotics. I was expecting the pain to be bad without the shots, but  a strange thing happened. I am completely...

Last reply
  • Working with rheumatoid arthritis fatigue

Hello I dont know if I can realistically stay in work I work in a clinical setting in the allied health professions (NHS) seeing patients (children). However I'm usually running late and I cant keep up with my report writing either - It takes all my energy just to focus on the patient. I have asked...

Last reply
  • Knee replacement fear

Hi..I'm 21 old...I have severe osteoarthritis i n both knee...doctor recommende knee replacement but my grand ma says not to do operation because when she had done the operation ..she had felt how the doctor was cutting the bone ect...now I'm sacred😞

Last reply
  • New RA diagnosis and tapering steroid treatment

Hi, I've never joined one of these health sites, but felt I needed to to see what others have experienced in similar situation.....so for background my story is this..... I have recently been diagnosed with 'inflammatory arthritis on the entheseal scale'-inflammatory arthritis in the connection...

Last reply
  • Choosing not to take medication

Hi I am newly diagnosed with RA. Feeling bulldozed into taking medication with no other options offered. My instinct says NO! it can't be the only option to poison my body in such a extreme way. Has anybody else chose not to take the meds? and how do you feel ?

Last reply
  • Abatacept side effects

I have been on abatacept for about 4 months having had to come of etanercept and methotrexate due to pneumonitis caused by methotrexate. I am suffering some side effects from this medication, including fungal infections on pretty much all of my toes, and the infection is spreading up both feet. ...

Last reply
  • Rheumatoid arthritis

I have been diagnosed with RA about a year ago.  I have been putting off although I tried sulfasalizine and it caused great stomach distress, trying other drugs because I always seem to have an extreme reaction to everything no matter for what.  I have had a Kenalog shot or too which helped...

Last reply
  • RA - acute pain

Hi all, I'm looking for some advice. Since yesterday, I've been experiencing acute pain - first in my right hip, inner thigh and left shoulder; now it's moved to my right wrist and I'm getting stabbing pains in my wrist and hand. I cant close my right hand or use it all. I barely slept...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.