Skip to content
Ad

Rheumatoid Arthritis

Also known as Arthritis - Rheumatoid

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Rheumatoid Arthritis cost in UK

Hallo everyone, I'm a 28 years old girl and I'm affected from the RA since I was 5. At the moment I leave in Italy with my husband but in very short time we have to move on and transfer ourself in UK. I'd like to know how is the RA in UK treated and which are the cost for the cure. In Italy...

Last reply
  • Negative Rheumatoid Factor Test

Hi All recently had bloods done for Rheumatoid arthritis. Had Rheumatoid Factor test done and ecr test. Both have come back negative. Now waiting to hear from gp about transfering me to see a rheumatologist. Have Oa for about 10 years and also Fibromyaglia. My arthirits had become worse and several...

Last reply
  • Methotrexate

My husband recently passed away after having rheumatoid lung disease a nd arthritis it happened so quickly everyone was shocked. I believe methotrexate should have been stopped earlier this year when lung function tests were showing big deterioration. Anyone else experienced this?

Last reply
  • Choosing not to take medication

Hi I am newly diagnosed with RA. Feeling bulldozed into taking medication with no other options offered. My instinct says NO! it can't be the only option to poison my body in such a extreme way. Has anybody else chose not to take the meds? and how do you feel ?

Last reply
  • Iron supplement.

Hi all, started on iron supplement from GP a couple of weeks ago capsules to begin with which gave me bad gut issue's so went and got liquid supplement but I am only taking half the dose he said to take, anyway my theory is you use about 8 mg a day of iron so if I'm takjng 280 mg a day you only...

Last reply
  • Rheumatoid Arthritis and Gum Disease

This all flared up for me in September last year and it took a long time before I was diagnosed with RA and Systemic Lupus in February this year and prescribed methotrexate tablets and folic acid once a week and Adcal and Hydroxychloroquine twice a day. Just prior to the flare up last year I suffered...

Last reply
  • Swollen Joints and “Crippling”

Hi all, My mom has been facing some health issues lately and it is devastating to watch. It feels like her doctor is not being aggressive enough to figure out what is going on.  I’m going to explain to my best knowledge about what is happening to her : She is swelling at her hands, fingers,...

Last reply
  • My skin on my face flaring up

Hello i have had RA now for two year does anybody out there get a nasty red rash around there face , i don't get it all the time only when i flare up its on my forehead round my nose and cheeks and then it peels its not nice at all looking forward to here of someone who might throw some light on...

Last reply
  • Coimbra protocol? Has anyone here try it?

For the last month i have been having joint pains, considering my age and past history of skin disorders, i am leaning towards some kind of auto immune disease, specifically rheumatoid arthritis. I've read that vitamin D deficient people are more prone to auto immune diseases, and stumbled upon the...

Last reply
  • Asking on behalf of my sister

My sister has RA for three years, she takes Sulphasalazine, which is the best she has tried so far. Just lately she has been getting migraines, which she hasn't ha for many years......her readings for thickness of her blood is 16.......(hope you know what I mean) she is wondering if this has anything...

Last reply
  • Is it normal

Hello everybody is it normal when you blood test come back to be all over the place as i was told by my doctor the red cells the white cell i do not know what all this means in English he was talking doc jargon could someone put a bit of sense to all this thanks Maxwell RA sufferer  .   

Last reply
  • I won't be beaten

Posted a couple of weeks ago on a rare flare that I thought I could handle. How wrong could I be !!! It appears I have damage occurring, and have been given Hydroxychloroquine to take twice a day. The pain and anger I have been feeling has been overwhelming. It's almost like going back to the beginning....

Last reply
  • Been taking Leflunomide now for 2 months

Hello to the world been taking Leflunomide now for 2 months after being on different other one before which give me lung infections twice could anybody out there tell me if they had problems like being sick feeling bad all the time etc due to taking tablets like methotrexate sulfasalazine are anything...

Last reply
  • Sulfasalazine and folic and.

I've being on sulfasalazine for about 14 years now, but have seen info online that says you should be given folic acid if on sulfasalazine which I was never given or told to take, anyone any views or are you on sulfasalazine with or without folic acid, thanks.

Last reply
  • Anaemia low iron and chronic disease.

Hi all, if anyone with RA has low HB iron like me, mine is around 12 to 13 and the iron store is 37, I've been doing some reading about anaemia and chronic disease, apparently it's your own bodies reaction to inflammation that lowers the level, basically it's a defence mechanism to starve...

Last reply
  • What level of support can I expect from my Rhuematology team?

I have been diagnosed with Pallindromic Rhuematoid Arthritis. I had to abandon 2 attempts at treatment as I could not tolerate either. I am not on medication at the moment as I was to start Biologics, but I had to have further investigation. I am in limbo at the moment and have had to depend on steroid...

Last reply
  • Has anyone with RA had DVT and pulmonary emboli?

Diagnosed with RA about 18 months ago. Been through methotrexate, plaquenil, sulfasalazine, prednisone, occasional depomedrol shots with little relief. Finally started Enbrel 3 months ago, and was fabulous for the first 2 months....until diagnosed with DVT in leg and multiple pulmonary emboli. Now on...

Last reply
  • “Fatigue isn’t typical with RA”

Hi all, I guess I am just here to grouch today. I saw my rheumatologist on Friday to complain that I have suffered bouts of fatigue, as well as fluctuating pain in the fingers, hands, wrists, and feet. My CRP has been normal for months and I have no noticeable swelling. I have never had crazy amounts...

Last reply
  • Redundancy with RA

Hi.   I wonder if anyone has ever had ill Heath retirement because of RA.  I’ve suffered for 21 years but work.  My sickness has increased and as I have other conditions too was thinking if  Retirement was an option. 

Last reply
  • Enbrel medication

1984 on the age of 24 I was diagnosed with ankylosis spondylitis and uveitis, immune disorder those days was predisolone was given the bamboo spine and the joints was under attack the medical profession was no aware of that then certain medications as antiiflammatory was given with no much help , until...

Posted
  • Iron store and anaemia.

Hi, just trying to understand iron store measurement, I think my GP said said my iron store was 138 and this is low, when I look iron store normal levels online seem to say different amounts anyone have any knowledge on iron store readings and normal levels UK, thanks.

Last reply
  • Enbrel. How long does it take to work?

I'm on the higher dose of Mrs and have now been put on enbrel after trying several other dmards with no success. I've only been on enbrel two weeks but I'm sure I can feel an improvement. Has anyone else had this happen or can anyone share their experiences with enbrel? Thanks.

Last reply
  • Very confused

l was diagnosed 10months ago, having had pain in upper arm and leg, both which only lasted a couple of days, l was given hydroxychloriquin which made me really ill. I was taken off all medication for 3 months and now take weekly metatraxare injections. My major problem is the continuous water infections...

Last reply
  • Blood results RA

Hi I wondered if anyone would be kind enough to share their RA blood results at diagnosis what your CRP, CCP or RF were in figures also what meds you were placed on to begin and how you got on with them thank you in advance

Last reply
  • New diagnosis

Diagnosed 6 weeks ago struggling to come to terms with it and the medication . How did others cope with diagnosis

Last reply
  • White blood cells and Benepali

Hi all, so been to see GP today about blood test results white blood cell count had dropped out the Normal range I reckon probably down to Benepali, but the very latest blood test shows WCC back in the normal range so that's o.k. but turns out iron store depleted so I'm anaemic so having to...

Last reply
  • Fatigue

HI Blair   Fatigue is quite common in someone in pain! My Rheum put me on Cymbalta (an amazing anti depressent that also changes the way the mind conceives pain)  I have found it very helpful along with the Enbrel injections.   You might want to ask your doctor.  I take 60 mg....

Last reply
  • Benepali and low white blood cells.

Hi all, had a blood test about a week ago got the results yesterday and informed I'll need another blood test and a Bense Jones urine test, apparently my white blood cell count along with other readings have dropped out of the normal range, so it could be the Benepali injections are working too well,...

Last reply
  • Newly Diagnosed

Hello it would be really good to hear some advice and talk to people who understand how it feels. I have recently been diagnosed with RA. I am on hydroxychlorquine but been recommended to be on Methotrexate. I have pain in my feet everyday with the mornings being the worse. I have the occasional flare...

Last reply
  • RA and Skin Symptoms

Hey folks, Wanted to say hello to you all today and just extend my sympathies to you with your condition. I have an appointment tomorrow with a dermatologist for blood work and evaluation but I wanted to ask you about some of your symptoms that led to your diagnosis, in particular if any of you suffered...

Last reply
  • Feeling really down ☹️

I'm sorry to put this on you as we are all suffering with this dreadful disease but I was so happy that after years of waiting and suffering for a diagnosis and a very short time of feeling better with the meds that finally felt right I have been taken off MTX because of liver damage and the Actemra...

Last reply
  • RA and carpal tunnel symptoms

Hiya, I have been on Naproxen and Amitriptyline for 2 years but came off them early this year due to severe side effects. The symptoms of carpal tunnel came on very fast and are really severe now 6 months later, my nerve induction tests have came back normal, is this ‘normal’ because it’s the swelling...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.