Rituxan Side Effect

Posted , 2 users are following.

My wife (Candace) just passed away from covid 19 even though she had both Moderna vaccinations. She took her Rituxan infusions two months after the last Moderna shot. When she first showed symptoms of Covid, it was like she had no immunity at all and she developed pneumonia within 5 days. She was in the hospital for a little over a month and steadily worsened even on the ventilator. Her death was well publicized and another RA patient contacted my son when she found out Candace was taking Rituxan. This RA patient told my son that she demanded testing after taking Rituxan after her covid vaccinations. The tests showed that she had no antibodies in her blood that the covid vaccinations were supposed to deliver. I can only assume that the Rituxan attacked the antibodies. All Rituxan patients should be warned that they need a covid booster after their last infusion.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I am very sorry for your loss, how terrible.

Thanks for posting this Terry. I hope people will be able to take caution from it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.