ANTI CCP at 58. No symptoms of R.A... yet...?

Posted , 1 user is following.

so my doctor looked at me and said you have Rheumatoid arthritis. my anti ccp levels are 58. he asked me if anyone in the family have arthritis... my dad has osteoporosis arthritis in his lower back but never been much of a problem for him. Still working etc.

my mum had carple tunnel and arthritis in her thumb but doesn't complain. just exercise and wiggles it about every morning.

I have hashimotos auto immune thyroid. since 2013.

had the flu over Xmas 2022 and haven't been right since. Full blood test. and my doctor said all is well over then I was overmedicated on thyroxine so reduced it and low vit D at 45. under 50 is deficiency. so loading. also been getting out everyday for walks etc since.

my fingers and toes are fine. never swollen. or painful or stiff. in the morning I can get out of bed no problem. walk around and take 3 girls to school and look after my 18 month old. symptoms I do have are

dry eye. but it's getting better good days. dry mouth at night but I'm still breastfeeding and she is on me all the time atm in the night. fatigue but good days too where I can go to park and walk and just Potter round the house.

and My left elbow is on and off pain from I assumed yanking on my sliding car door that was stiff.

I'm scared if anything. keep waking up everyday wondering if I'm in pain or stiff or anywhere that's inflamed.

is this something that's caught super early ? am I in denial or is something else going on? is the anti CCP blood test enough to confirm diagnosis?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.