I am in severe pain in my shoulder joint. Nothing seems to help. Can anyone?

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have tried many rubs and even CBD oil but nothing seems to help. The pain is in the front of my shoulder joint in the little hollow there. An ex-ray showed bone was rubbing against bone in about three different places there and some inflammation. Is there anybody out there suffering the same thing? And if so can you help?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Funny; in the last couple months I have had intermittent severe pain in both shoulders. it seems I have it more while trying to sleep, but not all the time. Some nights it'll be excruciating, then a few hours, it's like it never happened. I will say, this started soon after starting Humira. I don't know what or if there is association with that.

• Posted

Hi mitzi

I get relief with a cherry stone heat pad on sore areas. Also, it may sound daft, but make sure you have the correct pillow for sleeping. I had months of trouble with my neck at the top of my spine, and magically a new pillow really helped. Although painful, try stretching exercises and plenty of oily fish. I also swear by honey. Works for me. xx

• Posted

You need to have your doctor check to make sure you do not have PMR - this is how my RA started and just progressively got worse. Nothing helped except Enbrel.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.