My hand and other limbs are swollen and I have no idea what might be the cause.

Posted , 1 user is following.

I'm male, 29 y/o, 175cm and 72kg having a healthy lifestyle. For 1.5 years I’m living with symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis. My left hand is permanently swollen. I feel stiffness in my wrists and mobility is very limited. Sometimes my other joints, such as fingers, ankles, and sometimes knees, are also swollen. I cannot recognize any pattern that causes that. It really seems very random. For sure physical activity affects the swelling. Almost after every longer walk or swim my wrists are fatigued and I need a few days of recovery. Also, even a low dosage of alcohol makes my left hand super-swollen, but in general, I’m using alcohol occasionally (once for 3 months statistically) so that can’t be the main cause. It is also worth mentioning that I did not have covid.

I’ve seen many doctors and done many examinations, but none of them indicates anything specific. USG shows that I have active inflammation in my joints and synovial membrane overgrowth. I did medical tests on Lime disease, Yersinia, and Salmonella, HLA-B27. All of them are negative. I also did a gastroscopy and colonoscopy but everything looks correct. Celiac and Crohn’s disease have been excluded. Also, I did allergic tests and all of the possible molecules were negative.

From various blood tests, the only positive are:

Immature Granulocyte - 0,1% (where max accepted range is 0,4%)

Leukocytes - 14,8/µl

Currently, I take medications such as Methotrexate, Methylprednisolone, and other Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory but I can see any significant results.

I really doubt I suffer from typical rheumatoid arthritis. I guess that it might be some kind of autoimmune disease, but at this point, nobody can clearly diagnose my illness. I will be extremely grateful for any suggestions. 🙏image

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.