ProActemera Giant Cell Vasculitis

Posted , 1 user is following.

Developed Giant Cell in May 2022. headaches, jaw pain, tender temples, night sweats, had severe sensitive scalp and heart best pounding in my ears, feeling ill, veins prominent in sides of forehead. put on Prednisolone, reduced it from 60, 50, 40, 30, 20 then relapse put up to 30 then put on ProActemera. Had 6 injections now i honestly do not know if its working. They have reduced prednisolone to 15mg now. I have to reduce 1mg per month. I suffer with osteoarthritis, psoriatic arthritis and have peripheral neuropathy of both feet awfully. have asthersclerosis of arteries and on heart medication as suffer with bad angina. I would love to know if anyone on ProActemera has suffered with numbness if the forehead as i feel like my forehead is numb like there is a draft on it all the time. i inject each week with the drug.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.