Rituximab Infusion treatment suggested to treat brain lesions that appear and disappear

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi all!

In 2018 i was diagnosed with Ankylosing Spondylitis (AS). I was put on Remicade infusions which caused some allergic reactions. My Dr then put me on Humira, about a year later a started to develop psoriasis and some minor neurological issues. My Dr then recommended Cosentyx. I did not have any significant relief from my AS symptoms.

In April on 2020 i started to experience Vertigo symptoms and an mri revealed a lesion on my left cerebellum. A biopsy was done which was non conclusive. Several lumbar punctures were done and there were no indications of cancer. I was put on steroid treatment after the biopsy and by June my mri was clear and remained clear till September when the Vertigo symptoms returned and a new mri revealed 4 new lesions. My Dr's started a treatment plan of 80mg of prednisone daily. By November there were no longer any lesions visible on my scan. My Dr suggested coming off the prednisone and starting Rituximab to treat the lesions that seem to reappear sporadically, but as luck has it, i was hospitalized in December due to Covid and spent 68 days in the hospital and continued the high doses of steroids. I am now down to 2.5 mg of prednisone and my Dr wants to start Rituximab treatment in a few weeks. I am concerned about the side effects and was hoping for some feedback from the community who has had both good and bad experiences.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.